• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CCSC Power Rankings - MOVED

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
If I'm to understand this criteria correctly, it seem to weigh heavily character control and situation management.
That might explain why you're rated fairly high, Mitch, while I'm rather low on the list.

I've always placed high at the bi-weeklies, but I'll be the first to admit my Peach is a bit sloppy. Perhaps that's reflected in this list...?

However, I would submit that results are what matter in the end. If you teched every hit and DIed perfectly every time while your opponent does neither... and you still lose, who would looked upon more favorably based on the PR criteria?
Shouldn't tourney results be weighed far more heavily? Or is that not the purpose of these rankings?

Also, I just wanna give props to Allen (aka. M).
Reviewed under any criteria, he's an awesome Samus player who knows the boundaries of his character. His methods of recovery continue to amaze me while he plays a mighty good spam game. He's always on the look for patterns in your game and is more than happy to exploit them.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Alas, no one list can satisfy everyone.

As I said to Levi, it gets pretty tough to rank certain players with comparable levels of skill. Maybe MICH is a little high and maybe M is a little low, but what often gets overlooked is that at the top of everyone's game, I'm pretty sure that a match could go either way between everyone from position 5 down to 25. It makes me wish that it made sense to have a "tie" in Power Rankings.

I actually did manage to get ahold of a tuned-in smasher from Winnipeg, so this list will be changing once I get to have a good solid conversation with him. I just needed to draft something that would hopefully be acceptable enough that nobody's complaining too loudly. :psycho:

owowow im suprised im on here
I thought you might be, but you worked some quality players at CT3 and besides, we can't ignore the fact that you'd kill us all at Smash 64. :)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
At least you have a chance at making the top 25. I'll be lucky to make a top 50 list.

;:'[

chrusher97

Smash Cadet
Nice to see some Winnipeg players on there ( I'm from Winnipeg ) but how did you make the comparisons seeing as none of them have played out of province as far as I know.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I'm going to have to battle out Steve for that number four.

Steve is awesome though, so screw the outcome.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Dude, I feel so left out on this one. Cmon, CF mike? We need to have a CF ditto somehow.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
OMG superboom, are you staying in this thread often? i've been trying to talk to you. I started playing ssb64 and was wondering if you'd play on pj64k or something.
edit: I stole your email address from your profile, is it right?

If someone is to try to move up on the list; do people have to try to notice others improving, or would a simple set bring them up or down on it if they are already close?

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
OMG superboom, are you staying in this thread often? i've been trying to talk to you. I started playing ssb64 and was wondering if you'd play on pj64k or something.
edit: I stole your email address from your profile, is it right?

If someone is to try to move up on the list; do people have to try to notice others improving, or would a simple set bring them up or down on it if they are already close?
Well, as per the criteria:

"In terms of individual player analysis, know that you are not being ranked strictly on tournament results, win-loss data, total number of 4-stockings, total coins swiped or any other statistic that could conceivably be recorded and interpreted by a computer. Regardless of how much damage you have or how many lives you have left, it is your performance within those games that also affects where you stand on the CCSC Power Rankings."

So no, obviously a single set isn't going to move you up or down a list and whether or not there is a change in the list has less to do with playing and beating the other players on the list than it does with your own personal improvement. We've all been playing this game long enough to know that beating someone in a set doesn't make you a better player than them.

Nice to see some Winnipeg players on there ( I'm from Winnipeg ) but how did you make the comparisons seeing as none of them have played out of province as far as I know.
Hey, thanks for asking, I need to talk to more of you guys!

Putting the Winnipeg players in the list was decided using a number of potentially totally unreliable factors. I have to trust the feedback I'm getting from other players and recently a smasher from Courtenay, B.C. played against your Winnipeg crowd and finished about third. I talked with him about the players here and talked with other B.C. guys about the Courtenay fellow's relative skill level. Then I did a pretty darn lengthy video analysis of all the Winnipeg footage I could find and also referred numerous times back to the gamer rankings at www.ssga.tk, even though those may be slightly out of date.

Now, what we could really use is more of your Winnipeg smashers with SmashBoards accounts to come check out this thread and the other Central Canada threads to add their piece to the discussion.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Yeah I can vouche for the Winnepeg players looking pretty good on video, but if this is a basis of tournament results then they should be low, possibly not on the list.

I'm fine with this list and realize it can't make everyone happy, and I'm happy to see and official list so that I can fine tune my next submission to cater to some of the smashers I feel should be higher. Tyson, Chad, Dan

I'm assuming there is no consensus on power ranking revision intervuls, so I suggest that the next revision immediately follow CAST3.

Shawn and Mike suck so hard, I should be first. VOTE FOR CRAL

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
There might be an intermediate revision depending on what I get in terms of feedback from Winnipeg directly.

...if this is a basis of tournament results then they should be low, possibly not on the list.
But of course, it's not based strictly on tournament results, based on the criteria above. ;) But again, the criteria is generally well-reflected in tournament results anyway.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Ah so it is.

In that case, beware my influence! for I feel my lists will end up reflecting tournament play more than any other criteria above.

But I never said that.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
lol OMG please re-do BC's power rankings =( they used to be kinda cool now it sucks cuz john's comp died.

RANDALL YOU'RE WAY TOO GOOD. NEVER GET A GIRLFRIEND IF THIS IS THE RESULT. UNLESS YOU LOVE HER. I GIVE YOU PERMISSION IF YOU'RE IN LOVE.

OTHER THAN THAT wow.

but seriously. help us out =[

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
I just realized, Allan is above me, yet Paul is relatively low compared to him, yet they're about equal. What's up with that?

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Goooooooooo Gary! Fox Machine FTW!
Quoted for truth; postcount. I remember Gary and his fawkes and his flaco. They were fun to play against. By the way I highly recommend Steve keep his spot of 4th; STEVE IS WAY TOO GOOD AT LIFE.

WAY TOO GOOD.
WAYY TOO GOOD.
btw you albertans, there's a smashfest at Eric's [bluntedobject10] today if you wanna come. kthx =)

Top Bottom