• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OC3 - video updates

The Game II

Smash Champion
I have preliminary matches from The OC3, which I will be posting in the coming days.

I just finished every team match I had (21 matches occuring during divisional play), and those are now available at

http://www.getyourtournament.com/video.html

There are three singles tapes and one crew tape I still have to encode. However, I have been on the clock for the past 96 hours and I'm in need of a break. So I will not be working on any more videos the rest of today (off to enjoy hours of DDR).

I have not checked all the videos to see if they worked. I checked a couple, they were OK, and so that's that. If multiple people say a match doesn't work, I will check it (although I'm going to be off my computer for a while why I have the rest of the day off).

I will update this post when I am done with more matches.

Enjoy (and take a break or else you'll get a headache like me).

--GCII

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
You Rock!

Hi The Game II,
I still don't know why I didn't approach you during OC3 and express my huge appreciation for you and your dedication for OC2 and OC3. But ya, thank you for being such a cool person and working so hard to make the tournament happen.

Thanks!

The Bino

Smash Lord
I cocncur with Cort, the matches i have tried to watch kept pausing and buffering itself to only a couple of seconds worth of match to yet again pause and buffer again, if you could upload these to youtube that would be greatly appreciated

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Game...

I suggest uploading your videos to YouTube or MLG's Game Room (www.mlgpro.com) and using the embed feature on your site. It will mean less bandwidth for you :)

The Game II

Smash Champion
ok so I have about a minute before I'm going to be out for a while.

Since I made this thread/announcement a couple hours ago, the hit count for my web site jumped to an insane amount (way beyond the Tuesday average). So I'm guessing ... for now ... that the lag many of you are experiencing is because everyone is on the Web site wanting to watch.

When I was checking the videos, and it wasn't announced yet, they were running smooth.

And I know that a lot of you want the vids on youtube. For those who weren't around a few weeks ago ... the media player you see is the result of 72 hours of constant work trying to figure out a new format because I am now making all videos I take exclusive to my site.

This is an important time for Get Your Tournament, which is more than a web site, it is my business. I'm in the works of trying to prove to other businesses that, hey yo people do come here instead of youtube or Digg, or whatever outer portal I support. If I can get these business to roll with me, then things will look up. Again, this is a business decision, and I'm sorry for those who are experiencing the lag.

And since I said the word business, I should say for the record that I'm not going to charge to watch videos.

I do plan to buy more bandwith for my site, but it might not be until I get back from Evo West. I ask that everyone work with me for now on this situation.

Thanks again.

Hostility: I had someone tell me the same thing this morning (when trying to watch another tournament). I would suggest downloading the proper Macromedia Flash Player for the proper computer system. I'm on a mac, but I've also seen the videos on a PC.

Overswarm: Major League Gaming now owns gotfrag.com, which is a competing site. So there would be a little bit of a problem if I was pimping my videos on MLG or Got Frag.

OK, now now I'm out of here.

180OP

Smash Journeyman
Hey thanks GCII.

You are right. Don't compromise your business. Too many people on the site for videos.

Love your site.

$ick

Smash Lord
Thanks for the videos Glenn, but could you name who is who. A lot of the out of state people I'm not sure who they main and such so it's hard to guess which team is which... =/

The Game II

Smash Champion
Sick, i'll try to edit those matches tomorrow.

I know I told everyone that singles would be up today, but I'm not even a third done (21 matches done so far, with two tapes remaining), and I'm not going to have time to get them prepared for upload before I leave for El Segundo.

So I'm going to have them available tomorrow afternoon. All of them.

Thanks again.

Again, I'll deal with the bandwith situation following Evo West. I have too many business issues following tomorrow that I have to take care of.

If you are wondering, among the singles people I taped:

The GERM
Isai
Bone
I Like Men
Frozen Serpent
P.C. Chris

... I haven't seen the sheet for the remaining footage, so there could be a lot more goodies. :)

--GCII

petoo0

Smash Ace
hey glen just a question. I know you have the taps for the tv you were stationed at..but i think i twas tv two or something? just right next to the tv you were at...where palmdale vs dbr happened there was a vcr and boa + emerican vs zelgadis and lunin was recorded there. do you have that tape too?

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Although the first vid I watched worked fine, I'm only getting about 1/3 of the screen on the others (rest is blacked out). Perhaps a different result of traffic. Thanks a lot for uploading these though.

Flare233

Smash Journeyman
Sick, i'll try to edit those matches tomorrow.

I know I told everyone that singles would be up today, but I'm not even a third done (21 matches done so far, with two tapes remaining), and I'm not going to have time to get them prepared for upload before I leave for El Segundo.

So I'm going to have them available tomorrow afternoon. All of them.

Thanks again.

Again, I'll deal with the bandwith situation following Evo West. I have too many business issues following tomorrow that I have to take care of.

If you are wondering, among the singles people I taped:

The GERM
Isai
Bone
I Like Men
Frozen Serpent
P.C. Chris

... I haven't seen the sheet for the remaining footage, so there could be a lot more goodies. :)

--GCII
Yo could you put the Isai matches on youtube please?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I was digging the team matches with Choknater's IC vs Chu's IC. You did a good job, chok but then again, it's Chu. He's too good.

[edit= BOWSER FSMASH ON CHU!! GO GOJIRA!! YAYUHZ!

hOLY HELL THE TEAM COMBO IN THE BEGINNING OF ROUND 2 OF CHU/M2K VS GOJI/RA WAS WRONG!! That's not right. He's bowser for gods sake! lol

Wow, chu and M2k *****.

The Game II

Smash Champion
Flare: I already talked about that issue.

Everyone else: The place where I'm uploading videos is about to close. So I'm going to put up the pages now, and if I can't find another place tonight, then that's that. But I should be able to find somewhere.

Hot **** an insane amount of matches.

It might still be choppy because of all the bandwith I took just uploading them. Also, don't forget that the moment you see this, about 200 others might be heading to the site to watch the videos as well. Again, I'll try to take care of the bandwith issue when Evo West is over.

--GCII

The Game II

Smash Champion
Oh, "the place" is an actual building (Long Beach City Hall), not a hosting site. Everything will be on Get Your Tournament.

I can't find another place to upload, so this will be it for today.

I believe everything up to Lee vs. Valus works (32 matches???).

The rest, you'll have to wait until morning.

Thanks for your patience.

Again, if a lot of people aren't seeing a specific video, then I'll check it. It really helps me out if you say what match isn't working instead of "Th3Y dOOn't WoRk. WaTZ RoNGG???."

--GCII

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
Glen, i wonder if any chance there's footage of my playing on any vids.

If you could personally send anything of my play, i'd greatly appreciate it.

I'd just like to know how i played.

PM me or AIM me the vids if you are able to do such a thing.

Thanks in advance =)

Cort

Apple Head
Someone let me know when the videos play smoother...

If you want a lot of people to watch your videos, you'd probably need a much better server first. The video player is also very annoying to work with, especially since it won't let me move backwards in the video and it buffers for a minute every 5 seconds...

Top Bottom