• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***Idaho Melee/Brawl Power Rankings***

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Idaho Power Rankings

The Panelists
S. Idaho - BattleChrist - Qraq - Knuttz
N. Idaho - Cake - LuigiKing - Pyle

[SIZE=+3]MISSION STATEMENT[/SIZE]​

Idaho power rankings serve to encourage progress and expand the competitive atmosphere to the entire state of Idaho

POSITION CRITERIA

The Idaho Power Rankings is a top 5 based on a point system, with 5 points being first, and 1 point for being fifth. Each Panelist will make a vote for the top 5. This point system is bases on tournament rankings and overall skill. The time period used for consideration is the past 6 months. This will take someone who has lost their edge off or who has quit of the rankings, and give everyone a fighting chance. Each member casts separate votes towards the rankings, and total points are added up. Anyone with points will be under honorable mentions. As the community grows we will expand from a top 5, giving more people chances to be in the rankings.
The rankings are now split into two regions. The most populated areas in Idaho are seperated with about an 6-8 hour drive in the best conditions. With this distance no tournaments have been played aned very little will be played within these two "communities". This makes it almost impossible to actively judge the skill of both reigons, thus each reigon has their own rankings.

North Idaho

- Melee(03/05/2009)
  1. [N]LuigiKing :luigi2:
  2. [N]Cake:gw::falco:
  3. [N]Pyle:link2::younglinkmelee:
  4. [N]Duop:jigglypuff::drmario:
  5. [N]SuperJoe:falcon:
Honorable mention: Jinx, Gnosis

- Brawl(06/12/2009)
  1. [3]LuigiKing:luigi2:
  2. [1]SuperJoe
  3. [2]Pyle:olimar::warioc:
  4. [5]Cake:pikachu2:
  5. [4]Jinx:zerosuitsamus::zelda:

South Idaho:
-Melee(forever)

1. [2]Knuttz:039::falcon:
  2. [N]Qraq:popo::luigi::ganondorf::roymelee:
  3. [1]BattleChrist:fox::falco::link:
  4. [N]No U:shiek::kirby:
  5. [N]L_eMo_N:fox::falco:
Honorable Mentions: KAB, AlchmestAmari,Felix(semiactive)

-Brawl(never)

Edit: 3/5/2009 Posted New Rankings and added images. Everytime i edit, it throws in odd spaces as well.
Edit: 11/27/2010 Edited rankings​

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Ah man not a single vote for me. looks like i need to start staying in boise more often. not like im ever gonna be in the top five anyways, got too much other crap goin on in my life.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Nice to see that CA is supporting us....... O wait they don't even know who we are :psycho:
I know I know. It is expected... :chuckle: ...Its not like we have any vids...well the ones we have are...well...not the greatest...I don't even know if they can point out Idaho on a map...

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Ya we don't get to go out of state vary often because none of us can really ever go at the same time and none of us have the money lol. I think out of everyone i have been to the most OOS things except maybe PitchD/Qraq but i haven't been to anything big so i really haven't met that many people.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Only If Only if. I don't think some of us have even been out of state...i.e. ME, kinx...we need the OOS to come to us.. :)

Juce

Smash Ace
i think that Idaho (BattleChrist) should be number one.

do you guys plan on coming to Oregon for anything anytime soon?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
go to oregon for the finger bang or washington for the dan 2 =)

no, i couldn't point to idaho on a map. in 5th grade when they amde me remember all those stupid states yeah, but not anymore.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
go to oregon for the finger bang or washington for the dan 2 =)

no, i couldn't point to idaho on a map. in 5th grade when they amde me remember all those stupid states yeah, but not anymore.
We should be going to dan 2. at least me...and qraq...and just action...who isn't on there...not BC...poor poor BC.. :( It would be an either or thing....

Juce said:
i think that Idaho (BattleChrist) should be number one.

do you guys plan on coming to Oregon for anything anytime soon?
I thought yamer was Idaho? BC, are you using yamer's out of state name? I'm guessin you havent played Qraq/DeeV8. He is quite the player for idaho. :)

BattleChrist said:
I can put ANYTHING HERE BC!!!! WATCH OUT!! -knuttz
I could dog you ! ...ah kidding...kidding...we need to smash again..sometime...

And for anyone...can anyone make a photoshop of top 5? that would be nice. :) BC had the right idea in the idaho thread

MorbTheLuigi

Smash Ace
good **** for # 1 being a Luigi player
stay strong bro!!!!
haha
u guys should get more vids on youtube so is cali ppl can learn what Idaho is all about

BattleChrist

Smash Lord

knuttz45

Smash Ace
We have some that i posted but no one looked at them lol.

They're mostly of me cuz the got recorded while i was in Utah.

Me link vs. Gnosis Sheik
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jN88LIt7Da8

Me link vs. phil link best of 3 MM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CPDcyy7ltR4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kkkYRQL1YOc
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CywQ0i2gqPo

Me link vs. phil samus
http://youtube.com/watch?v=X0MNG5HBYoM
bc...WE SHOULD put some vidsm Next smashfest we will use the recorder to our advantage everyone...

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Well the only problem with that is that our #2 can't leave the state anymore. Its just too bad.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Ya we need to my combos are so much more smooth and we need to get more Idaho vids in general.
man, at least you have vids! :) and yeah, you combos are way smoother. Arizona did you good...your link was doing things I didn't expect...you still need to learn how to kill at lower percents...well..at least jigs.. :(

And I think our top 5 is a crew.... I think buzz might be in there too...since all of us don't travel at the same time, whoever is from idaho is in the crew... ...too bad we don't travel too much.

And #2 isn't supposed to.....

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I hope to see you guys at more Pacific North-West events, especially DAN2 since it'll be the biggest Melee tourney up here before Brawl.

BTW, you should change the Mission Statement's font color from dark blue to a lighter color. It's hard to read with the default dark background.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Like 13 or something I'm not really sure I just know it's not many at all.

As far as me leaving It's more than likely I can't unless I get a really nice PO or something lol.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Jesse, you post more in this PR thread than the one you're a panelist for, ha ha.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I have one question for the panelists..how up to date should we have the rankings? every 2 months? I know we lack tournies, but everyone except buzz play each other quite a bit...we can always have a mini tourney like that one day, just like a power ranking tourney...cause we are all never at a tourney except our little 9 person tourney... :(...or..or. we can throw a big tourney...too bad we have a lack of venues. :(

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
There's no point in doing a big tourney because it's not like lots of people will show up so it wouldn't worth it.

With the rankings we could just try to update them *** often as possible, like after the smashfest this weekend. I only think that we should so our power rankings will really show who are the current top 5 and not give people their positions because of how long they've been in the smash community.

QraQ

Smash Ace
We have a crew when we go to Washington right?
Me, Knuttz, Josh and Kinx.
Possibly BC if we can smuggle him out of Idaho.
Stupid criminal lol.

-QraQ

gnosis

Smash Lord
I only think that we should so our power rankings will really show who are the current top 5 and not give people their positions because of how long they've been in the smash community.
Do you think it's not right now?

Is this about knuttz being way good all of the sudden? Because I haven't played 'em yet so I had to go off what I knew. If he's better than me we'll see soon.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
He is way good but thats not what i was talking about. I more don't want to have ranking like how Utah for example does, having one person on top cuz they have been the best for a long time. I think it should be more flexible so if someone is better they get recognized rather that just giving it to someone who has who lots of tournaments in the past. Thats why i think it should be updated regularly to show the current best not just the person with the best record.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
He is way good but thats not what i was talking about. I more don't want to have ranking like how Utah for example does, having one person on top cuz they have been the best for a long time. I think it should be more flexible so if someone is better they get recognized rather that just giving it to someone who has who lots of tournaments in the past. Thats why i think it should be updated regularly to show the current best not just the person with the best record.

Thanks for the complements guys...and i know what you mean. If for some reason josh lost an arm, and wansn't good anymore...he wouldn't be on the list.. :) or even though qraq is the best right know, if barron became the best and beat the crap out of us all and won a couple tornies, we would put him at number 1...even though qraq had won alot of tournies before. I agree. :)

gnosis

Smash Lord
Yeah, I 100% agree with that. Just making sure no one thought it was biased already, I'd have to try and fix that.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Well we need to update the ranking lol. If everyone has that STD this weekend that would be a good time to think about updating the rankings even tho i wont be there it's fine ill just show up next time to take my spot back lol.

Relhots

Smash Lord
I need to vs. u guys in the top 5 even though you are probably better than me but it would be a challenge

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I need to vs. u guys in the top 5 even though you are probably better than me but it would be a challenge
It would be best to challenge us, and all the community. WE need more people, Once we get more people, we can have a top 7 or top 10. So lets say if we hit about 20 people in idaho...you guys want to do a top 7? And if you play us, ask us questions, we all play to get better....well hopefully.

Top Bottom