• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Heh, I never even noticed this thread. That's probably because I never really venture outside of Melee and Tournament Discussion. I guess it was recently made as well.

I'm still surprised... it's huge! And I've been around here for a long long while.

I guess I fit into the gay smasher category as well. I can't say I've met any others up here in Canada. From the looks of it (haven't read entire thread), most everyone here is from the US? I haven't attended a tourney outside of Canada yet

BTW my name is Sid... the lone Pikachu player (and possibly the only tacky 90's pop lover) from Edmonton :-P

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Heh, I never even noticed this thread. That's probably because I never really venture outside of Melee and Tournament Discussion. I guess it was recently made as well.

I'm still surprised... it's huge! And I've been around here for a long long while.

I guess I fit into the gay smasher category as well. I can't say I've met any others up here in Canada. From the looks of it (haven't read entire thread), most everyone here is from the US? I haven't attended a tourney outside of Canada yet

BTW my name is Sid... the lone Pikachu player (and possibly the only tacky 90's pop lover) from Edmonton :-P
Ooo, I love tacky 90's pop. If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends!!... ...Heh, anyways. Welcome to the thread, Sid.

Gup

Smash Rookie
This thread has a lot of interesting and inspirational posts in it! I can't believe a lot of people are scared or supressed one way or another by the people around them. Be it in their family, hometown or even country. Makes you think about a lot of things I guess...

I'm from the Netherlands myself, so for me. It was never a big deal to come out of the closet or whatever. Ofcourse; it is hard to do, I'd never say it wasn't, but I'm sure it was a piece of cake coinsidering where the lot of you came from.

I think I came out of the closet about, what..., 4 years ago? And I've been in a steady relationship for almost two years (hitting that mark the 26th of jan.). Relationships can be the greatest buffer a person can wish for. If it's a healthy one that is.

Like I said before, I never encountered problems with myself or my sexuality. Maybe that's because I don't flaunt it (nor does my BF. I'd kill him if he does) nor hide it. Whenever people ask me, I tend to answer honestly and pretend I don't give a **** about the subject. I neither boost a typical 'gay' look so to say.

I fell in love with smash somewhere around the n64 era. Played a whole lot of ness then, when Melee came around I turned into a whoop-*** kirby player, playing some Pichu along the way. But I haven't played anyone else then one of my best budds since a long time, and we haven't played to begin with in a long time. So I wouldn't be surprised if my skills have gone down the drain so to say :)

Either way! Keep posting, keep reading, keep in touch.

Gup.

Gup

Smash Rookie
since I still have no idea how to edit :3
Not the most charming picture, but it shows some sincere happines. This was newyears eve, I'm the blonde and my boy's the black/brown-ish...

Oh yeah :cool: Mind the hag behind us, she's actually the nicest old woman you'll ever meet but oh my god does she look awfull on there :p

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Well, to start off, im not gay, im sure of my sexuality.

When i saw this topic i thought it could be interesting to see if there are gay smashers, and if so, how many or whatever, and i've got to say i didnt think there would be as much response as there has been, but after all, the internets have something magic that can let you open your thoughts up to many stangers, and i just think its amazing.

Also, i have no problem with gay people at all, but i've had thought that if my children were to be gay, if i'd look at them the same way, you know, but the thing is that im just 17, so i think its kinda soon to even think about having children huh?, and also i do think that my way of thinking might be immature at this momment, and i hope that in the future i'll have no problem with that at all.

Something weird, is that, well, my mom is like old-fashioned to think about homosexuality, i mean, she's a really religious Catholic, and for what i know(since i used to be a Cath too) they theach you to dont discriminate anyone for anything, and i find it strange that my mom thinks that way, and honestly i think its a shame. As i said before, i have no issues with gay people at all, and therefore im pro-gay(if thats a word), and just wanted to say, that i support this thread to be alive.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Also, i have no problem with gay people at all, but i've had thought that if my children were to be gay, if i'd look at them the same way, you know, but the thing is that im just 17, so i think its kinda soon to even think about having children huh?, and also i do think that my way of thinking might be immature at this momment, and i hope that in the future i'll have no problem with that at all.

Something weird, is that, well, my mom is like old-fashioned to think about homosexuality, i mean, she's a really religious Catholic, and for what i know(since i used to be a Cath too) they theach you to dont discriminate anyone for anything, and i find it strange that my mom thinks that way, and honestly i think its a shame. As i said before, i have no issues with gay people at all, and therefore im pro-gay(if thats a word), and just wanted to say, that i support this thread to be alive.
I love hearing people who are supportive and accepting, especially at a young age. Keeps hope alive that maybe things in our society are going to get even better.

...Are you guys clones?
Yeah, seriously. Y'all look like bloody twins, haha. That's pretty cool, though. I'm curious about how y'all two met.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
I'm bi if anyone cares. I haven't come out to anyone but I know my family owuld be accepting and most of my friends would be. I haven't done it yet because it would be awkward and would change our relationships. I don't feel like I'm hiding anything though. If they ask me if I'm gay I can say no and if they asked me if I am straight I can say that I like women. Easy either way.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Well, to start off, im not gay, im sure of my sexuality.

When i saw this topic i thought it could be interesting to see if there are gay smashers, and if so, how many or whatever, and i've got to say i didnt think there would be as much response as there has been, but after all, the internets have something magic that can let you open your thoughts up to many stangers, and i just think its amazing.

The world needs more of you :p
I'm so glad someone from a Catholic family thinks sensibly about this subject.. because many of my catholic friends are so close-minded on this subject.

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
Does someone hate the "this thread is ghey" kind of things??? I do
I wonder what people would say if things like "this thread is "bla k" " or something along those lines

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm not gay (arrrr, I hate saying that, it's so annoying that everyone just assumes that the only people who would care about these issues are people who are gay so they just assume, but I digress), but I'd like to weigh in on this particular discussion.

The world needs more of you :p
I'm so glad someone from a Catholic family thinks sensibly about this subject.. because many of my catholic friends are so close-minded on this subject.
Very true, it really does depend on what type of Catholic the person is because there's a very wide divide between the "God is love" crowd and the "paragraph 5, subsection 3, negates the two greatest commandments in X, Y, Z, A, and R cases" crowd. Unlike with protestants where if you disagree you just join a different protestant group with Catholics a wide variety of groups are lumped together due to a very strong theological cohesion.

Anyway, in my family, my parents are very discriminatory, against everyone, especially homosexuals, but also to a lesser extent against certain ethnic groups. This I explicitly credit with driving my two gay siblings away from the Church, who are now polytheists, and another sibling (who is straight) who is atheist, plus, they're in the process of driving a forth of my siblings away (there are 7 kids in my family).

At this point I'm pretty much the only practicing Catholic and my theological approach is NOTHING like theirs, and I credit their heavy-handed approach in this.

Really, I wonder how these people missed so many core tenants of Christianity...

Malius

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! It's been a while since I've actively posted on SmashBoards (different time, different alias), and I've been intrigued by this thread to get a fresh start. A long time ago, in a thread far, far away, which some of you might remember as the original Gay Smashers thread, ( http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=71909 long since locked, unfortunately) I posted this:

Never thought it would start like this, especially on a forum for me, but I'm guessing the majority of you can guess what I'm about to say.

I'm gay.

Dang, that felt good! :)

It's nice to have some people to relate to. If I were to come out completely in my life right now, most likely no one would have guessed it. This summer.... hopefully.
(edited a little :p)

Two years later, here I am, and things are looking a bit better. So here's my story:

Coming from my pre-teens, I never really thought about possibly being gay. I never really had any girlfriends, but I was never flamboyant as most of the (extremely over exaggerated) media exposure to homosexuality was painted to be, so I naturally thought things were"normal". My parents called me a "slow bloomer" relationship wise. I mostly hung out with a tight knit group of guys in middle school who were in band and played Smash. You can probably infer what happens next.... I developed a crush on my best friend.:p

After beating my head against the wall for several months and finally accepted what I was, I realized I really had a crush on him. We'd been good friends since elementary school. We would do everything together, like wrestle (:chuckle:) and trade Pokemanz, and we were always at each other's houses hanging out. It got to the point where I was really hoping that he was gay (I had some considerably solid evidence), so much so, I decided to invite him to sleep over where I planned to come out to him. Of course, I expected one of two things to happen: 1. we find something in common and it'd be a great night, or 2. he would hate me and never speak to me again, and possibly even out me at school.

Telling him was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. What I got was a healthy median. He wasn't gay, but he was completely cool with it. I suppose I was either expecting the worst or best case scenarios, which isn't surprising seeing how the consequences are so extreme. We are still best friends, and he is the first one I talk to about anything, and he does the same. Relationship advice, school, games, sex, whatever; nothing is off limits between us. We have a tighter bond than ever and personally, I don't think I would trade it for even a romantic relationship. Am I crazy? :psycho:

Anyway, I'm still in school (senior, thank God), and I can't wait to move out of this bigoted hellhole and find a real relationship and get on with my life without worrying about being judged (probably never gonna happen in our lifetime, unfortunately). I have a few friends-who-are-girls that I've told, and people are starting to get suspicious with me never asking any of them out, especially this late in the game. At this point, I'm at the "will not confirm or deny anything" stage (works well for the gaming industry too :chuckle:), and I think it's gong to have to stay that way for now, especially seeing as how I live in Texas, and most are not very.... tolerant.

(I'm in SW Houston ReMo!! :grin:)

So that's my story. I hope it isn't too long. I really enjoyed reading some of you guys' stories, and I have a few more funny similarities that I've seen, but I'll get to those later. It's late and I need some shuteye. :lick:

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Hey, Malius. I liked reading your story. I can relate to so much of what you said, heh.

SW Houston, huh? Where at exactly? It's nice to see other people from Houston on here, in this thread, especially. AIM me sometime later.

arrowhead

Smash Ace
it should be illegal to discriminate against homosexuals. it's like the mid-1900's all over again, except on a smaller scale. i have no idea how people think they're justified when they deny homosexuals certain rights and it blows my mind how this discrimination isn't nationally illegal. do people not know homosexuality isn't a choice and that it's not a disease you can spread to other people? even if it was a choice, so what? it's like hating on people who like to eat bugs, or want to become a gymnast. it's just amazing how some people would go to such stupid lengths, using out-of-context phrases from a book with no evidence supporting its validity, to spread hate for homosexuals. what i really want to know is: why do they hate you guys and why do they think it's justified?

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
I haven't posted here in ages but like I hate falling for straight guys >(

Like I think I posted the little story about the guy I have a crush on whose on my swim team but if I didn't it's pretty much self-explanatory. I like this guy who is straight but doesn't know I'm gay. Like that XD

Anyway, tomorrow is the last meet and the last time I'll see him since he's a Senior and I'm a Junior. Like when he's around me he's all touchy and stuff to almost make me believe he's gay..but..he has a girlfriend -_- (I hate her even tho I don't know her XP) I don't like texting him too much cause I don't want to be all annoying and if I do text him he sometimes text back..so I don't want to do that. Now I'm confused on what to do tomorrow with him...Ugh..

That sort of explains it...I think >_>

:D

Malius

Smash Rookie
That's pretty much the same decision I had to make, Seiya, except my friend didn't have a girlfriend . :chuckle: I wish it was still like that, because she's a *****. I'm not just saying that because I'm jealous of her (he is aware of this BTW, and had a good chuckle), but because he is too good for her.

Anyone else get jealous of a straight-crush's girlfriend? :mad:

Anyway, if he didn't have a girl, I would say go for it right off the bat, but in this situation, just be cautious. My friend was really touchy as well, and I could've sworn he was gay. Although, you said he's leaving anyway, right? What do you have to lose? If you get lucky, GREAT!! If he's straight, then he'll either accept you for who you are, or worst-case scenario, he'll avoid you for the little time you have left. :)

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
So....
Seems like this is dying
What are your fav guys in gaming? (hot guys (that sounds so gay, anyway, Im bi))

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Darn, I didn't want to post here again until I had a pic of myself and my bf to show, but I want to answer that question. *laugh*

First though, I'd like to give a hearty welcome to all the new faces here. ^_^

Anyways, as funny as it may be, my favorite male video game character has always been Fox McCloud.

A few others I have like though... Hmm... There really arent that many whove appealed to me. Though, I did kind of like Balthier in FF XII.
*laugh*

Anyways, I really hope to have a pic to share the next time I post. It bothers me that my boyfriend and I don't have a presentable picture of us together. =/ It just kind of hit me the other day. It doesn't seem to bother him nearly as much though, which is a teensy bit frustrating to me. He just got a brand new camera, and I wish he'd use it to take our picture...

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
TWELVE REASONS TO BAN GAY MARRIAGE

1. Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, flying in airplanes, polyester, and birth control.
2. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Infertile couples and old people can't legally get married because the world needs more children.
3. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful, since Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.
5. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are property, blacks can't marry whites, and divorce is illegal.
6. Gay marriage should be decided by people not the courts, because the majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically protected the rights of the minorities.
7. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
9. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
10. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why single parents are forbidden to raise children.
11. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and we could never adapt to new social norms because we haven't adapted to cars, the internet, TV or longer lifespan.
12. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because a "separate but equal" institution is always constitutional. Separate schools for African-Americans worked just as well as separate marriages for gays and lesbians will.

Found it on gaymer hehe

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... it's interesting to read everyone's experiences here. Here's mine:

I grew up a very shy, quiet kid. Right from the age of 9 I knew full well that I liked guys. I found them attractive. I didn't really know what to call it then, but I never even thought anything of it. One day at 12 years old, I went to my best friends house, and he just brought up in casual conversation that he thought this girl from school (different from mine) was hot. I was still very clueless about how guys who like guys are generally labelled gay. I just told him straight up that I didn't like girls and that I thought he was hot. He found it very awkward, and said that his parents were coming home and I had to leave (I often came over when his parents were out, cause they never liked having guests over). Long story short, we never really spoke much at all after that day. I havent talked to him in years...

After that day, I started to notice how nobody likes gay people. How the term was used as an insult at school, how there was absolutely nobody like me. Then I hit the denial phase. All through grades 7-11, I completely shut out any idea that I was gay. I even started dating one of my girl friends in grade 10, and I figured that would make my life a whole lot easier.

All up until this point I'd never even met another gay person. But then at the beginning of grade 11, I met a guy (Luke) in band class. We played the same instrument (trombone) so naturally we became good friends over a short period of time. We look very similar too. So after about three months, he casually mentions that we are pretty much the same person, except that I'm straight and he's gay. I instantly told him I was gay too.

With Luke's help, from that point on I slowly started coming out to all my friends. I was surprised to find that everyone was totally fine with it. Absolutely everyone, including my girlfriend who was initially very upset, but was very kind and understanding after it sank in. It also helped me to break out of my shell... I'm extremely sociable now, which is nothing like I was years ago. Since then, I've really moved forward in my life. I've had incredible relationships with two guys over the past couple years, and hopefully I'll be able to find someone that I can settle with...

I'm not fully out however. I just haven't told anyone in my family yet. I know my mom is fantastic and she would never have a problem with having a gay son, my dad and brothers would never want anything to do with me again. I just don't want any more tension in our family; there's enough of it already. And since I live away from home, it isn't much of an issue to me anyway.

Just before I turned 19 last summer, I moved into a house with a bunch of friends. A cozy two-storey four bedroom house in a nice location. It's a crazy twist for me, because out of the six people who live here, only one guy is straight.

About falling for straight guys all the time... yeah, it sucks. It's hard to think that you can be attracted to someone, and that they can't feel the same way towards you. And not because they don't like your personality or looks or whatever, but simply because they can't find the same gender attractive. And that you'll get the same outcome 9/10 times.

FRUSTRATING!!

And yeah, I've been through the straight crush girlfriend jealousy thing a few times hahaha. Less than fun

Hot characters? Alex from Street Fighter 3, Dante from Devil May Cry,

Kix

Smash Journeyman
i have no idea how people think they're justified when they deny homosexuals certain rights
First of all, what kind of discrimination are you talking about? Secondly, what rights are "denied"?

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
I've never really understood why people frown upon gay people so often...

They fail to understand it leaves more women for the rest of us!

Alll Riiiight! Giggity giggity goo! Addional sexual innuendo!

EDIT: Bwah! On reflection there is alotta ambigous innuendo on there, so to clear that up. I'm not Gay.

arrowhead

Smash Ace
they can't get same-sex marriage, nor receive any benefits from marriage (collect benefits after the death of a spouse, joint income tax, etc.)
in Kentucky, article XII allows discrimination against them
homosexuals can't become troop leaders in BSA
"don't ask, don't tell"
they're hated by most Christians
discrimination/hate crimes at work, schools, the public, and their own family
and i'm sure other countries have even worse tolerance

well that's what 5 min of google+my brain can come up with

i'm so glad i'm not gay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom