• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Armor List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magus420

Smash Master
You still take damage with super armor. The fact that he is not budged backwards or the attack stops proves that he has super armor right

Both moves can go through but the guy grabbing would receive damage AND grab the opponent at the same time. Super armor can't get canceled by an attack.
Erm, did you read all of that post? I'm saying both possibilities of having SA on the grab, and grabs trading with attacks would look pretty much the same. Both would have the grabber take damage but still get the grab.

Ganny

Smash Journeyman
whats the difference? I'm going with what most fighting games usually have... super armor not trading attacks

Magus420

Smash Master
The difference is with SA you can completely miss the grab and still get no knockback with the damage. With trading it's the action of getting the grab on them while also being hit that causes no knockback with the damage.

The only instances of taking a powerful attack's damage with no knockback when doing a grab/grab based move that I'm aware of always occurred when the grab did connect on them, and whenever it missed they did receive the knockback. Without any good examples of no knockback when whiffing grabs it would suggest that the grabs do not actually have SA.

CO18

Smash Hero
There is Super Armor on Dedede's Inhale as he first begins sucking.

Make sure you add that.

jellis186

Smash Apprentice
It seems as if a lot of people are still confusing super armor with canceling hits and invincibility frames. For example, Ice Climbers do not have SA on the start of their ->B they simply have canceling attacks. They take no damage from a move that otherwise would have hit them.

And Ganon has SAF from the last few frames of his ->B till he drops the opponent and the end of his Neutral B.

Fredd

Smash Apprentice
Here you are;
. . .

U-Smash: Rather slow startup, huge lag, and MASSIVE damage. One of the most powerful smash attacks in the game (The only stronger ones I can think of belong to Dedede, Ivysaur and Ike), and probably the U-smash with the biggest range (it covers more horizontal distance than the F-Smash). Lucas pulls a needle out of the ground, unleashing a huge explosion of PSI above him. It's kinda slow and very punishable though, so be careful. Then again, it's the perfect pinisher, and using it out of the shield or while running is awesome. Oh, did I mention it's got Super Armor frames at the beginning of the attack?

. . .

Krabs

Smash Rookie
I don't think charizard's Over B has super armor frames, I've been hit out of it before, usually from behind or below. He will drop the rock if hes knocked out of it. also I've had several instances where an opponents move and my rock smash booth connect and we booth get knocked back. Not sure though maybe it does for certain frames.

Also one time A fully charged Over Smash with charizard, Not sure if it was super armor, luck, a glitch or I just didn't see it properly. Should probably test it tomorrow.

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
Also note,

Kirby gets SA frames when he inhales DK and IKE. I wonder how many other neutralB SA frames Kirbs can steal...

Ganny

Smash Journeyman
They probably implemented super armor in some instances to fix glitches. Kirby eating a character in the grabbing animation would probably cause some problems. Easy fix is to make it so the character is 'un-suckable' for a few frames

Shiri

Smash Chump
Yoshi's double jump is similar to super armor in every way, except that if super armor is in fact not possible to be broken, he doesn't share that similarity. That still doesn't account for the fact that some of these super armors listed can be broken by many powerful attacks.

If Yoshi's double jump is only a weight change what accounts for the fact that he is knocked out by certain attacks and not others? Surely it's a variable determined by either damage, knockback, or stun time of the attack, which would all be held true for what can break Kirby's down+B, grabs, etc...
:yoshi: You played Yoshi some in Melee, right?

I mean, forgive the straightforwardness of this post, but you kinda summed it up here.

"Yoshi's double jump is similar to super armor in every way, except that if super armor is in fact not possible to be broken, he doesn't share that similarity."

That seems to make everything clear, but just in case it isn't, I'll go a bit further by touching on your second statement. The reason why Yoshi is knocked out of certain attacks and not others is EXACTLY because of the reasons you stated (except it's a combination of [and], not a choice between [or]). Damage (or, more accurately, power) dictates mostly when the jump is broken. Knockback (as shown by Falco's shine, Roy's Up+B, and others) can break the jump at vastly different percentages due to the unique (and often static) properties of the attack. Stun doesn't play such a huge role, but can mostly be bunched together with knockback as it's quite late and I have no examples that I can really bring to mind.

But yeah, all this stuff has been in Yoshi's jump since 64 except for the fact that it's been getting broken earlier and more often in each iterated--especially in this final--version of Smash. That's about it. I guess you should PM me if you disagree because I won't be checking this thread that much. I just wandered in here earlier and saw your post, hahaha.

game_tip

Smash Cadet
Hi I'm the actual poster from SRK from this list. I'm a little appalled by the user not posting at least my name for the list.

Here is the link that shows the actual content:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=151956

it's in the process of going through changes. But thanks to the people here I've given the credit where due for allowing others to see this information

G-star101

Smash Rookie
Squirtle's Withdraw (side-B) has true armor. That is, you can take no damage as long as you're in your shell.

Isn't super armor interruptible with sufficiently powerful attacks?

Edit: Phantom hits, at least in Brawl, are not glitches. They're on the Dojo.
Yeah I remember knocking snake out of his up B using a strong attack:)

Jaxx

Smash Cadet
yea snake has complete super armor on his up b, however, the thing he rides on can be broken, leaving snake to fall down with no recovery options.

Niko_K

Smash Master
The beginning of peaches double jump has SA frames. Miller should be posting a vid today.

jellis186

Smash Apprentice
Snake does not have complete super armor on his ^b. He can be hit out of it, however, he has 0 flinch from weak projectiles (i.e. pits arrows)

jellis186

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1veJl3yR08&feature=related

^^ 1:30-1:35 you will see Zamus hit Sanke, recieve damage and get no knockback + continuing his move.

*** If I'm mistaken then sorry ***
You are mistaken, that is canceling attacks. His jab apparently has a hitbox behind him, thus his jab combo stops when ZSS connects with her dashA and snake takes no damage from the attack.

PEOPLE PLEASE PAY ATTENTION, SAF means you take damage but have 0 flinch and continue the animation.

Please do not confuse the two because they have vastly different properties.

edit: sorry for the double.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Hi I'm the actual poster from SRK from this list. I'm a little appalled by the user not posting at least my name for the list.

Here is the link that shows the actual content:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=151956

it's in the process of going through changes. But thanks to the people here I've given the credit where due for allowing others to see this information
Sorry about that. I was excited to see the list and wanted to get it started over here. I'll add you to the first post. Would it be ok if I just synced this to the SRK thread then?

alienware397

Smash Rookie
me and my friend have thoughts about sonic have super armor. we have noticed that at the start of his up-b
he will not flinch. This is just a thought that we have noticed and we will test this out more and try to prove this.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
im pretty sure game and watch's up smash does not have saf's. i just tried to find them for like 10 minutes, seems to be a no go

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think part of Ganondorf's >B has super armor if he connects. Could you try testing this?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Ike does not have super armor on his way to catch his sword on his up-b. it's only after he throws it until he starts moving upward.

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf has super armor during his chocking animation of his Toward B.

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
I swear man, Snake's up B is a courtesy call from Nintendo. It got no reason to have SA frame, besides to make an incredible recovery to be even more broken. Snake got all kinds of moves that got good properties for no reason.

Ganny

Smash Journeyman
Ya snakes moves are buffed since he is so flippin slow. The only person he can barely beat in smash speed is Ike.

And yes, ganondorf does have super armor in his B right/left. I should know since you can spam it then follow up with a quick jab (tap a). This only works on some characters, if it doesn't work you need to do a down a.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah ganondorfs side B has super armor, when holding the character, lasts just before or a bit after the flame part of the attack...

NiteCyper

Smash Rookie
s

I think Olimar's Whistle has more invincibility frames than just the start-up, unless the start-up lasts longer than one would normally expect a start-up to last.

It's while his body twitches?

Magus420

Smash Master
Grabs and 'Super Armor'

Could someone try to record a video of them Falcon Punching or something a character's back at like 100% as they grab in the wrong direction (so the grab misses), showing if they can miss the grab and still get no knockback? Be sure to space the attack enough so that you don't go through them and get grabbed anyway from the other side. Something very powerful and disjointed would probably be easier to use and avoid getting grabbed like DeDeDe's hammer. I would do it myself but don't have direct access to the game to record it.

Kind of like this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoYmG4_6ews

Every grab based move having "super armor" just as they connect seems a bit fishy, no? If it's true SA the damage with no knockback effect on them should also occur when missing the grab, and not only when they do get the grab which is every case I've seen and experienced.

dingostar29

Smash Rookie
I am not completely sure, but I think Bowser's down+B only gives him super armor at the start. Either that or I have found a way to attack around super armor.

Also, Ike's neutral b (Eruption) allows super armor while he's is executing the attack portion (not while charging).

NxC

Smash Apprentice
I'd request that you change the credits for Pit's SA from Ryanarius to me, seeing as the video provided was mine, as well as I posted it a long time before.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=152723

Additional information, the only part of the shield that is SA is the time before the noise the shield makes, and it can only be used on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom