• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Over B Specifics and Numbers

yourmother

Smash Rookie
Alright so I spent a bunch of time just working on getting some numbers and information together about how exactly this minion thing works, what you can do with it, and what can all happen with it. Items all turned off so sorry no percentages on that. All KO percentages are against Mario in the center of FD.

Things You Should Know

First off, trajectories. Waddle dees and waddle doos will both, as we all probably know, move at a reasonably normal parabolic trajectory and when they land they'll slide a little bit before they get up and start walking. If you hit one with another, the one that was hit will go flying upwards at an angle. Gordos will fly out at a more straight-ish trajectory and will bounce once. Upon hitting the ground a second time, or colliding with anything that they impart their damage to, they will disappear, if they hit a waddle dee/doo, it will simply disappear as well.

You can change the trajectories on your throws a couple ways. First off, smashing the stick while you're doing it, as opposed to tilting will make you throw a bit farther, also you can adjust the trajectory up or down by holding up or down after you input the over-b. Thanks to Buuman for pointing this out.

This move does get stale, effecting all types of minions you throw. For example, if you throw 50 waddle-dees in a row and then get a gordo, the gordo will still be completely stale, and do it's minimum possible damage. The staleness of the minion still applies if you pick them up off the ground and throw them at the opponent again, however that does not make the move more stale. The staleness also does not apply to moves that the minions themselves do while walking around, so a stale waddle-doo can still do around 30 damage with eye lasers.

Frequencies

I did a few sets of a hundred tosses (items off) to determine the likelihood of each of the minions and these are roughly the percentages I came up with (these are not exact figures, just what I came up with, though they should be fairly good):
Waddle Dee - 80%
Waddle Doo - 15%
Gordo - 5%

MINIONS - (all numbers are assuming no stale moves)

Waddle Dee -
Thrown -
Max damage: 5
KO: 236%

Moves -
The Waddle Dee can do a few things, but only one is really an attack. It has a little somersault that does nothing, a trip that does nothing, a high jump that does nothing, but it also has a low jump that can attack. They apparently do this completely at random, or when they're jumping off of a platform.
Low Jump -
Max damage: 7
KO: unable to confirm, but it's <200% and >100%

Waddle Doo -
Thrown -
Max damage: 7
KO: 174%

Moves -
Only one move, the laser eyes. Does good damage but will not KO.
Max damage: about 30, varies
KO: n/a

Gordo -
Thrown -
Max damage: 22
KO: 76%

Well there's some preliminary numbers for you, I'll try and fill in the few blanks soon. Otherwise if anyone else has something to contribute, chime in.

solvalou

Smash Rookie
i have a few questions

what level where you playing on
where on the level was the enemy getting hit from
what character was it
was it a human
if human did they DI perfectly / not at all / away on purpose

Waddle

Smash Ace
I swear Ive had a Waddle Doo kill using his laser eyes one time. Maybe it was just my imagination.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
A few things to note. I checked the distance change from smashing the stick myself. If you are standing at the edge of final destination and do a normal throw then your minion will land at the dead center of the stage. If you smash the stick as you throw then it will end up at the edge of the diamond pattern that is at the middle of the stage, making it just a little bit past the first one.

The electric attack pretty much guarantees any attack, so you can get a free hit in, pretty much the only time to use Fsmash effectively.

Reflectors can only reflect gordo's, doo's and dee's will still hit threw shines. Not sure about other reflectors, like the cape. I'll check later.

You can do a rising throw by jumping as you tap a near a minion to get a little extra high from the throw. You can also do a reverse throw by jumping and tapping back and a.

Throwing minions that are already on the ground is slightly faster on start up than throwing them with overB, but seems to have the same amount of ending lag.

If there is a waddledee sitting at the end of the stage while you are holding on the ledge, you can do a ledgehopped toss onto the stage. I personally feel like this is one of his best ways of recovering from the ledge. But is obviously circumstantial.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
I don't like putting things out when I haven't tested them, but I'm pretty sure that if you try to tech on top of a minion you'll throw the doo/dee. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

yourmother

Smash Rookie
One thing I (unfortunately) learned today:

Lucas can use his down-b on a waddle-doo's laser eyes and regain up to 60%(!!!) of his health, thus making him officially my least favorite character ever.

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
One thing I (unfortunately) learned today:

Lucas can use his down-b on a waddle-doo's laser eyes and regain up to 60%(!!!) of his health, thus making him officially my least favorite character ever.
Couldn't you get in a Fsmash when Lucas tries to absorb the WDoo?

yourmother

Smash Rookie
Yes, if you're behind him, otherwise you can just throw the WDoo at him anyways. However, I was across the stage when it happened, and I didn't know it would anyways. Good point though.

yourmother

Smash Rookie
On the reflectors question, I know that lucas/ness with their stick/bat respectively can hit the thrown dees and doos back towards you, but they're still your projectile so they can't damage you. Can't say about the gordos. I'd assume the cape, etc. works the same way.

Top Bottom