• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Yoshi so good?

heypancho

Smash Apprentice
This isn't a joke/waste of time thread. Sound the bell...... Yoshi is comin.

Nocher

Smash Rookie
he simply firs the style of people who love being underestimated and like to be the under dog

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
Yoshi has nice tilt/tapA combos. A sick back air. Did i mention those tilts are hot?

He has that flutter kick. Which works GREAT on people who love moves with laggy endings.
*dodge/flutterkick on their ending lag = PAIN*

Hes got his neutral B to suck anybody in who focuses on just running up to his Face for a free hit. And even if the opponent side steps it, the move ends so fast that you can defend yourself against the retaliation after THEIR side step. You can't run up to yoshi and hit him. He'll wrap his tounge around your neck and snap it.

Hes got a fun grab.

He can combo into smash attacks.

Hes underrated with actual killing potential. Etc.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
hes a lot of fun to play as, and pretty good offensively

but he cant punish out of his shield, which really holds him back :/

he's still my main though

Gindler

Smash Champion
True, but he can't be shield poked/stabbed which is awesome. Some opponents of mine learned this today and realized yoshi's egg shield actually has an advantage! Buy yeah, I have a hard time hitting with smash attacks do to this fact, I have had some people sidestep early early thinking I'd smash faster out of my shield do to fighting other characters so often.

YoshiBomb!

Smash Rookie
Yoshi is a beast, I love slamming people down the stage and slamming them up and off the map with his tail. He isn't to hard to use either which is also an advantage to new players and is extremely fast and hard to read in the air. All of his special attacks are amazingly useful in battle.

Nocher

Smash Rookie
he is easy to love and start with. but he takes a large amount of work to master all of his situational combos and all around good attacks

Top Bottom