• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle at the Border 2 Results and Shoutouts

DEMON_JIM

Smash Cadet
Thank you all to everybody who attended this tournament especially those who came out from Houston, Austin, and San Antonio and helped support our scene. I'm glad I ordered the extra tags and what not because our tournament had an attendance of about 80 players. I apologize for the few tournaments that ran late, it was hard making brackets when I myself am playing in different games and so are my bracket runners. But without further a do here are the results for all 9 tournaments, none were canceled.

Someone fill me in with the info missing. It is marked with question marks.

If any of this information is wrong please let me know. I totally forgot who won doubles. I think it was Team Sexy Legs but I could be wrong. I saw the match but can't remember for the life of me who won it.

Super Smash Bros: Brawl

42 Players in attendance for Brawl
1st Pozerwolf - Austin (Snake)
2nd Pax - Brownsville (Meta Knight)
3rd Dr. Mario Kart - Austin (Meta Knight)
4th Roy R
5th Mark G
5th Kira

Super Smash Bros: Brawl Doubles

1st Stiltskin/Roy R - Team Sexy Legs (Meta Knight/Marth)
2nd Pax/Vash - Team Vax (Meta Knight/Pit)

Marvel vs. Capcom 2

1st Buckethead - Houston (Magneto, Iron Man, Sentinel)
2nd Rudy - Houston (?)
3rd Luiz - Brownsville (Sentinel, Storm, Commando) (Magneto, Storm, Psylocke)?
4th Joey H.
5th Max_85
5th Shizuma_15

Capcom vs. SNK 2

I allowed the tie for 1st
1st Rudy - Houston (?)
1st Buckethead - Houston (?)
3rd Jan - Houston (?)
4th El Fuerte
5th J.D
5th Gerald

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection

1st Legendary Gouku - San Antonio (Xiayou)
2nd DEMON_JIM - Harlingen (Eddy)
3rd ChromerX - Brownsville (Lilli, Xiayou)

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

1st Nican - Mexico (Ryu, O. Ken)
2nd Sir Arthur - Mexico (Boxer)
3rd DEMON_JIM - Harlingen, TX (Claw, O. Sagat)
4th Buckethead
5th Hamm
5th Suavion

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core

1st Jan - Houston (Potemkin) (?)
2nd Pozerwolf - Austin (?)
3rd Alex Kula - Brownsville (?)

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

1st J.D - Mexico/Brownsville (Yun)
2nd Nican - Mexico (Makoto)
3rd SOS - ? (Ken)

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Low Tier Tournament

1st Luiz - Brownsville (Jill/Psylocke/Thanos)
2nd Buckethead - Houston (?)

Highlights:
J.D vs Nican 3S Grand Finals, **** I wish somebody recorded these. Nican coming from loser bracket goes up 3-0 and looks like he is going to reset the bracket and then J.D comes back and pulls off some very clutch matches and wins 4-3.

DEMONJIM vs Suavion ST came down to last match with all 3 rounds being won be pixels.

Brawl Grand Finals Team Sexy Legs comes from the loser bracket and resets the bracket. It comes down to the last match with all players at 1 stock and over 100% health.

Jan vs Pozerwolf GGAC Grand Finals, I started laughing cause Pozerwolf had a cheering section and they were chanting his name during the matches.

SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME MORE HIGHLIGHTS THESE WERE THE ONLY ONES THAT I SAW.

Shout Outs

Houston peeps - thanks for coming to our tournament, it's good to have players from your alls neck of the woods

San Antonio peeps - thanks for coming out, I know you all drove all morning and night

Anybody else who came from outside the valley, we all really appreciate you all supporting our scene

Those of you who brought setups thank you so much. You all really helped out.

Hamm - thanks for helping out and running stuff

King Mosquito - Thanks for helping me out with registration and setting up the brackets. Our players will surely be in attendance at your alls tournament in SA

Pozerwolf - thanks for coming out again, Good **** winning Brawl.

Mikey - Thanks for running Brawl singles and doubles. And thanks for bringing your setups. You really stepped up thanks a lot man. You have my upmost respect.

Stiltskin -Thanks for the Nintendo Wii setup. It was good talking to you on side.

Pax - Good **** holding it down for the valley smash players

I'm still a little tired and still have to unpack my stuff so if I'm forgetting someone I'm sorry but I'll holla at you later.

-DJ-

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm going to go ahead and assume Pozerwolf used Snake and Dr. Mario Kart used Meta Knight since they use those characters when they come down for Houston tournaments. :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Good **** Austin smashers :). 1st and 3rd ftw :).

cHiCkEN_TeNdErS

Smash Apprentice
If any of this information is wrong please let me know. I totally forgot who won doubles. I think it was Team Sexy Legs but I could be wrong. I saw the match but can't remember for the life of me who won it.

Super Smash Bros: Brawl Doubles

1st Stiltskin/? Team Sexy Legs (Meta Knight/Pit)
2nd Pax/Vash - Team Vax (Meta Knight/Marth)
pax and vash used MK and pit, vash wouldnt use marth
I also know that they practiced a whole lot for doubles so I would be surprised if they lost :psycho:

DEMON_JIM

Smash Cadet
lol, yeah I used Snake ;o

BTW: Pax was using Meta Knight as well.

Good tournament.
Fixed

Great Tourney DJ. Very well ran so next time you hold something down there, I know the trip will be worth it. My team partner was RoyR.
Fixed and yeah I'm surprised myself how smooth the Smash tourny ran. It also ran pretty quickly which surprised the hell out of everybody.

You all can thank Mikey for running the brackets as smooth as he did.

-DJ-

Top Bottom