• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide to Playing Competitve Doubles please comment

comboking

Smash Master
So basically you're taking what people say and using it to process your guide? Doesn't really make it your guide now does it? Oh well, carry on.
if they tell me stuff if i use it they probally would not care
anyone still want to help with this
I will finish this

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Mayeb add something about ness and g&w cause I know that is a killer combo and Ill be using it next tourney.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I specifically recall warning you not to double post, Combo. But now I see you've quadruple posted. I can't warn you again for this, so its gotta go to points. Don't do it anymore.

chubas

Smash Apprentice
I think you should focus more on the generalities, or will end up making a list for every single character out there. Not that is bad, but in the end will distract from the main point, that is giving tips and useful information to anyone.

Yeah, you could add to the strategies those that rely on friendly fire, like absorbers (Ness, Lucas) and G&W bucket.

Also, I'd make emphasis on the non-verbal comunication, a good player has to be aware of this. Examples: A is fighting C, C is stalling too much; I'd better leave him and go help my teammate. Never lose track of what the other players are doing.

Good work

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Doubles PLay is a favorite of mine, though I see your lsit lacks a very important function I tend to provide my teammates which is "The Human Shield." A characters like Pit, Fox, Falco, Wolf and to a lesser extent, Mario, Lucas and Ness, can protect their team mate against proectile, letting the partner spam projectile from behind them in the interim. Mario does have the added addition of being able to space rushing opponents back with FLUDD to buy a couple of seconds.

Another thing to keep in mind would be the use of very obvious play strategies. If your opponents are both Snake, it should be fairly obvious what's about to happen, don't let them set you and your partner up for it, let them know what you think you should do to counter.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Its hard to take a guide seriously that wasn't written by someone with enough competitive knowledge to write a guide on his own. If anyone wants a doubles guide that goes into it extensively, read the King guide one of the best Melee Jiggs and an AMAZING teams player. Goes indepth into what you should be focusing on as a team player.

OldManTellah

Smash Cadet
I play Kirby and my friend mains Sheik and we team. Since we're both damage rackers and he said he would switch to a killer who would work well with Kirby that one could transition from Sheik to?

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
for doubles I play as Ness and my friend plays as g&w..... pretty good cause I can feed game and watch buckets. Another good choice is Ness/Lucas and any projectile user so that they can heal, or game and watch and any projectile user for free buckets.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
As a structural pointer, Combo:

Find a good number of groups to stick each character in (Item Giver/Human Shield/Rack Up Damage/Hitstun King/KO Beast/Edgeguarding Champ/Recovery Whiz/etc...) then explain the advantages/disadvantages of combining pairs of those types.

Also, include which two chars really exemplify the strengths of the pairing.

Then, this would be 1337.

Top Bottom