• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Projectile Spammer Or Up Close And Personal?

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
which are you?
when playing as TL
i find myself spamming his projectiles then charging in for a quick hit here and there

and if you want me to give you the differences

Project Spammer-Mostly Stays Away From The Opponent And Bombards Them With Constant Projectiles sometimes runs in for a attack or two but mainly spams the bombs arrows and boomerang like a mo-fo

up close and personal-gets right in the opponents face and mainly uses a more melee approach then the spammer' selecting to use various smashs tilts and air moves sometimes uses projectiles but not as much as TL's Basic Moves

Ørion

Smash Ace
I guess I would be a combination, but it REALLY depends on the opponent player and character. If I'm fighting a Marth with a good player, I'll try to rack up damage from a distance before going in to get the kill. But if I'm fighting a noob pit who only wants to stay back and spam arrows, but he is good with the arrows, I'll go in close to fight. It is very situational.

xMiMix

Smash Apprentice
Canada, Ontario. I have a really good connection,
I start out with short hopped double arrows, 2nd one being quick drawn.
Then I thrown a boomerang at them and charge in with my fairs / bairs. If the boomerang hits it stuns them and I can land a fair / chain of bairs.
Sometimes I throw bombs, but I usually get those when I'm off stage just in case I get gimped...
I play a lot like I play my main, Marth. Bair spam with good spacing.
But usually I am always pressing something.
If I'm far away = projectile spam, if they close in on me, arials. There is never a time when I'm just standing there.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
you must be both... TL is just a lucky versatile player that has a very good all around game, outstanding with projectiles and in the air

dark_tp_link

Smash Cadet
Like most other people, I use both. I rack up damage with my projectiles and smash them of the edge. If they come to close, I hit them away with the standard A attacks.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Well, let's take a look here.

If you want to win, you do whatever it takes. You play every strategy that will help your odds of winning.

In Toon Link's case, his projectiles give him advantages over almost every other character. Versus those characters, if your goal is to win, then you use your projectiles.

I guess what I'm saying is, it depends on your goals. If you want to win, which is the primary goal of any competition...Then, you will use your projectiles to their fullest.

zaf

Smash Lord
Well, let's take a look here.

If you want to win, you do whatever it takes. You play every strategy that will help your odds of winning.

In Toon Link's case, his projectiles give him advantages over almost every other character. Versus those characters, if your goal is to win, then you use your projectiles.

I guess what I'm saying is, it depends on your goals. If you want to win, which is the primary goal of any competition...Then, you will use your projectiles to their fullest.
qft

this proves that all of toon links projectiles out weight his bair when it comes to winning

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Well, his Bair is good...It's situational I guess. However, I do find Bair is very overrated, and rarely use it.

zaf

Smash Lord
Well, his Bair is good...It's situational I guess. However, I do find Bair is very overrated, and rarely use it.
exactly, it is a situational move. Not something to be used often. Maybe use it out of a grab or something. It is good, but there are better moves. agree 100% with you

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
use both , and use effectivly/

and the ugy who said bair kills at 80% its true. u just have to be 1 inch away from the deathzone at the sides.

anyway learning how to bombard ur opponents and then fight upclose is what makes good tl users,,,, good tl users O_o

zaf

Smash Lord
use both , and use effectivly/

and the ugy who said bair kills at 80% its true. u just have to be 1 inch away from the deathzone at the sides.

anyway learning how to bombard ur opponents and then fight upclose is what makes good tl users,,,, good tl users O_o
that is exactly how i play when i use tl. Pure spam till it is the right situation for up close fighting. He is my second main, the only reason why he isn't my main is because meta knight is way to hard with him. Tl is a counter for snake, and the rest of the crew is fine. Its just meta that is holding me back from maining tl again

Top Bottom