• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Godly Jigglypuff.

Glick

Smash Lord
Ok. I'm still in awe from this fight I had.

It was incredible. That was the only way to describe it.
I main Luigi and G&W but I occasionally play with Jigglypuff for fun, and truthfully I'm really not half bad. But the heroine of this anecdote isn't me, my fellow brawlers.

It was an anonymous brawler.
Thats right, I was in regular brawl anyone option. It was me(a Luigi at the time), an Ike and a Pokemon trainer

Words can barely describe the amazement that followed.

So the match starts. I see everyone come down and a jigglypuff.
I don't think much of it, probably just some fat Asian girl.
Who knows. I didn't care.

I head for the Ike first. I got hit across the stage, Ike tried to chase me and guess who came to my rescue(sort of)
Jigglypuff. JP was hitting him back and forth with pound and then finished with a dair and a 1hit KO down b. Ivysaur rushed me and I managed to hit him away just long enough to dodge jigglypuffs pound. I landed to regain my jumps and attempted to jump away from jigglypuff but it was no use. I got grabbed, rolled on, then pounded around in mid air, and finished with a uair. I wasn't even worth down bing. I was already damaged from ike.

Ivysaur was just standing there, probably in shock too. Ike was back, and he was not happy. He grabbed Jigglypuff and threw her off the stage, attempting to meteor her. but jiggly air dodged. dairs him and pounded him around just off the bottom of the stage, and fair bounced him off the bottom of Final Destination. Me and Ivysaur were just standing around, not even fighting. Just watching the epic combos jiggly was dishing out.

I grabbed Ivysaur and threw him towards Jigglypuff but she didn't want him. She wanted blood.
Luigi blood.

Jiggly grabbed me from a pretty far distance (something new for jiggly)
Threw me straight up and I managed to dair her meteor smash style. Which doesn't happen often, and usually not on purpose for Luigi, into a bair and tried to run to her and finished her off with a fair. But she wasn't having it. While flying away she grabbed onto the bystanding Ivysaur and threw him at me, I got a small knock back, but that didn't matter because Jigglypuff jumped between us. Pounded me and Ivysaur back and forth at the same time. faired me and baired him all in the same jump and finished me off and Ivysaur fell to his death because Ike decided to edge hog him.

I was probably the best fit to fight this god-like Pokemon because Luigis an aerial fighter just like Jigglypuff.

The match continued with similar patterns. Jiggly came in first with like +7 and I came in second with +2. Ivysaur and Ike tied for last in the negatives.

I think its time for me to start maining this beast.

I really don't think I'm bad with Luigi. I don't think I just suck and thats why the jigglypuff could combo me like that, but I was trying to counter but pound has high priority, the ike wasn't half bad either. Pokemon Trainer kind of sucked though.

I saved the replay on my SD card because I could try and add the raw file to my computer. I have to pick up an SD reader. Maybe someone could tell me how to change the raw file into a readable format?

Majora_X

Smash Cadet
I grabbed Ivysaur and threw him towards Jigglypuff but she didn't want him. She wanted blood.
Luigi blood.
Lulz.

Don't change your main because someone else is good at it.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I saved the replay on my SD card because I could try and add the raw file to my computer. I have to pick up an SD reader. Maybe someone could tell me how to change the raw file into a readable format?
I didn't read the post, just what I'm quoting...

Do you have a digital camera? You can use it as an SD reader.

spikey151

Smash Rookie
... While flying away she grabbed onto the bystanding Ivysaur and threw him at me, I got a small knock back, but that didn't matter because Jigglypuff jumped between us.
Uh... that part didn't really make sense, but yea that sounds like it was a pretty hectic fight. I don't really see how a Jiggly could pound you around in midair though... Pound's not really that fast and you as luigi has decent DI and airdodges to avoid it.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Woah that's crazy man, i never really thought Jiggilypuff could actually destroy others like the way you described. It seems funny how you guys stood in shock but i probaly would've done the same :laugh:

Glick

Smash Lord
Uh... that part didn't really make sense, but yea that sounds like it was a pretty hectic fight. I don't really see how a Jiggly could pound you around in midair though... Pound's not really that fast and you as luigi has decent DI and airdodges to avoid it.

Well. I obviously she landed before she threw him.
Pound is fast, and has pretty good priority. If my airs aren't sweet spotted exactly I got canceled.

I did end up escaping using airdodge a few times, if I made it in time. The new pound has hit boxes that extend and last longer then melees. its like trying to air dodge thunder.

Lulz.

Don't change your main because someone else is good at it.
Well I already like jigglypuff and I've been playing with her more and more.
I'm always discouraged to use her because her combos were her heart in melee and in brawl thats all gone, I thought.

This jiggly showed me the light

Jimtopia

Smash Apprentice
Epic, lol. Never underestimate the power of puffballs. If I ever fight a really good Jigglypuff on Wifi, I'll remember this.

Glick

Smash Lord
She also used the wall of death a few times.
But the wall of death is easy to dodge. Especially with luigi.

I've been trying to duplicate all the combos I saw her do but I have no idea how she did the pounds in a row. somehow I wouldn't go straight up when she did pounds.

THE TECH, I MUST DISCOVER IT.

Popertop

Smash Champion
If you hit with the ending hitbox of Pound it hits them up.

Ike is very easy to juggle with jiggs because none of his attacks start fast enough to stop her.
You can just uair him all day. I remember this one combo I pulled on my friend (I read his mind so far ahead I couldn't believe it, but that's not the point) when I was following his DI. We were at the top of the stage on Pictochat, in the middle above the platforms. I was just tossing him around like some sort of ragdoll with a series of uairs, bairs, and unsweetspotted fairs, ending with a sweetspotted fair sending him careening off the screen at like 140 or something ridiculous. I think I started it at 50-70% I can't remember. But yes, epic lulz when Ikejiggly happen.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Unbelievable, but online play is starting to get intense.
Both increasingly spammy and increasingly difficult.
More people are starting to learn their mains.
Heck, I just had a 3 Ike battle.
We were all good with him, as in no spamming, but pure ownage.
I won once, but that was because every time I went for the main player, the others went after me.
Does that ever happen to you?
You go after the killer and get killed by the dead?

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
You can't change a raw replay into anything readable currently, unless you somehow have a Wii emulator.

Glick

Smash Lord
vid or your elaborate story about being violated by jigglypuff will be merely a myth
I'm watching it over and over again on my wii. I don't have a video camera or webcamera of any sort.

I mean. I think I could give you guys the raw file, then you could put it into your SD card in the replay folder and play it on your wii.
I just have to get an SD reader.
No. I don't have a digital camera.

So I figured out part of her tech.
While pounding in mid-air. You can aim the pound up or down. Like Luigis sidesmash being able to go up or down. I think she sweet spotted it down and thats why I didn't go straight up in the air. I'm still trying to pull it off.

Glick

Smash Lord
Why do you think this is an utter lie?
If you've ever played any of the smashs you'll see people maining very low tier characters yet winning tornys and doing awe full things.

If you play by tiers your a sad excuse for a smasher.

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
Great post Glick, I really enjoyed reading that. It is always amusing to hear people get pummeled around by the least likely of characters. Who knew there were any good Jigglypuff players in Brawl? I wasnt aware of this! *gets out his grenade launcher and heads off*

Roller

Smash Legend
you can't convert it. It isn't a video file. It is a file that basically tells the game how to recreate the match. It isn't a video at all. So it can't be converted unless you emulate the ENTIRE game on your PC...GL with that.

Just tape the replay with a video camera.

Glick

Smash Lord
you can't convert it. It isn't a video file. It is a file that basically tells the game how to recreate the match. It isn't a video at all. So it can't be converted unless you emulate the ENTIRE game on your PC...GL with that.

Just tape the replay with a video camera.
Bummer. I don't have a video camera.
I'll see if I can borrow one from my uncle.
If he lets me.

(That also explains why replays save so fast)

PCHU

Smash Lord
I guess Lucas and Ike ownage doesn't count.....
What about Lucario?
He does some nice combos.
And Falco....not as much, but they all own.

Wish I had a video now...

Best101

Smash Ace
I was owning like that with Jigglypuff one time on Brawl with Anyone. I had 5 kills by the end of the match. Jigs is usually underestimated

L 17

Smash Apprentice
I wish I was fortunate enough to see a jigglypuff doing anything other than B camping.

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
You could send the video via wifi with the exchange of wii codes to someone with a recording device. Then we can all see this amazing jigglypuff

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
XD sweet!

i had no idea jiggs could still do stuff like that in brawl. glad i still main jiggs somewhat!
^_____^

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Ok. I'm still in awe from this fight I had.

So the match starts. I see everyone come down and a jigglypuff.
I don't think much of it, probably just some fat Asian girl.
Who knows. I didn't care.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah:psycho::psycho:

That was the best quote ever.10 win points... no 11

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Most "Amazing play"-recounts are just recounts of "Amazingly bad play" from the opponents.

I'm sorry, Jigglypuff managed to Pound two people over and over again at the same time? She shouldn't even be able to pound you twice as a combo or even a half-***** string because of how much she lags afterwards!

You think Jiggz is amazing because some Jiggz player managed to abuse the Pound against some anonymous bad players? Um.. yah. Also, what the hell was that about Jiggz, while flying off from a move, grabbing someone and throwing them at you? Did you mean hitting someone into you? How amazing! It's not like everyone can't do that!

No, this is simply yet another recount of bad players playing badly against a better opponent. I guess Mewtwo is God in Melee then because Taj can destroy Foxes.

Glick

Smash Lord
Most "Amazing play"-recounts are just recounts of "Amazingly bad play" from the opponents.

I'm sorry, Jigglypuff managed to Pound two people over and over again at the same time? She shouldn't even be able to pound you twice as a combo or even a half-***** string because of how much she lags afterwards!
Its not like she was doing it in place. DI only does so much and air dodging wasn't working on the extended hit boxes. Also I want to add that I'm not "amazingly bad". I'm actually quite good. Especially with Luigi. If you want me to prove that I'll be more then happy.
She was pound chasing us. she'd pound us we'd float away and she'd chase us. How does the wall of pain work? very similar except its not a wall pushing to the side but up. Theres more knockback for us then lag for her BTW.

You think Jiggz is amazing because some Jiggz player managed to abuse the Pound against some anonymous bad players? Um.. yah. Also, what the hell was that about Jiggz, while flying off from a move, grabbing someone and throwing them at you? Did you mean hitting someone into you? How amazing! It's not like everyone can't do that!
This Jiggly was amazing because he/she managed to abuse pound. Yes. She was. I never said Jigglypuff in general was amazing. I only said THIS Jigglypuff was amazing simply because she was. Anybody who does anything in brawl can be duplicated. You make it sound like anybody can do something so unique that nobody can replicate it. By the way I already corrected myself. She landed before she threw him. Maybe you'd like to read something before making such idiotic accusations.

The point wasn't that she threw him into me, the point was that she was dealing with two human players simultaneously and doing more then appropriate moves to deal with both of us.

No, this is simply yet another recount of bad players playing badly against a better opponent. I guess Mewtwo is God in Melee then because Taj can destroy Foxes.
I already told you that I'm not bad. I'd really enjoy proving it to you too.

Mewtwo isn't god in Melee because Taj can destroy foxes.
Taj is a god because he can destroy foxes with Mewtwo.

I don't have to explain something twice just because you decided to say something stupid twice.

My offer is still up.
Yeah. Sorry it took me so long.
My sister has a digital camera and I decided to try and take a video of it myself. I'm going to end up using the same SD as the wii.
I hope it works.
Thanks anyway.
I may end up coming back to you if it doesn't work.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait for the video. Yuna may be right, but we never know.

Top Bottom