• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Priority?

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
A lot of the moves everyone is naming can be beat by other things. Guys Most of you are just name moves that are strong and beat some other moves. I just want to know if there's a single move that no other move can stop period.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Counters do not have huge amounts of priority. What they do have are Invincibility frames. And FYI, Snake does not have disjointed hitboxes. He's just got weird-*** priority.

Priority is merely the extended hitbox among that of which you can hit someone when they perform a move. Snake's weird hitboxes are just that, large extended ones which illogical amounts of priority.

Disjointed hitboxes are hitboxes that are part of things not part of your body at all, like Mario's fireball in his forward Smash and Marth's and Ike's sword. Snake just has illogical and huge priority on all of his moves as most of moves involve merely his body.

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
I hope to god it's Ganon's Utilt...if not Sakurai really hates Ganon.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
A lot of the moves everyone is naming can be beat by other things. Guys Most of you are just name moves that are strong and beat some other moves. I just want to know if there's a single move that no other move can stop period.
two moves come to mind:

ive never see someone hit through wolfs shine, in the attack frames.

ive hit MK through shuttle loop, even tho its rare. however, i have never done it myself nor have i ever seen anyone else hit through MKs glide attack

both of these are because even tho they clank sometimes, most likely these two moves will come out b4 the opponents hitbox, hence the priority

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
key does not go threw.. Toonlinks up-air
also Gameandwatches UpB goes threw it(not game and watches upB does NOT have invincibility frames as toonlinks d-air goes threw his UPB
alll in all i have a toon friend who beats my *** everyday by abusing theese
How the hell does Game & Watch's Uair go through Toon Link's Uair, anyway?

Magus420

Smash Master
True priority is how it interacts with other hitboxes when applicable (clanks/gets clanked/both clank), not how disjointed it is. In Melee it was simply how much damage % the hitbox did (again, in situations where priority is considered), and if the two were within ~8-9% of each other they would both clank, and if the difference was greater than that the stronger one would continue on and the other gets clanked. Priority didn't apply to Air vs Ground or Air vs Air, but Air vs Cancellable projectiles used the same 8-9% for whether it destroyed it.

If it still works the same way it's simply the attack with the greatest damaging hitbox, and will overpower the most moves.

Hype

Smash Lord
Air vs Air depeneds on how disjointed the hitbox is from the hurtbox. Assuming perfect spacing, The more disjointed attack wins. If the attacks are equally disjointed both characters take damage.

Ground vs ground there is a Priority and the higher priority wins. Equal priority results in no damage taken by anyone.

I'm not sure about Ground vs air but I'd assume it would be like Air vs Air.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Links Dair does have amazing priority but I don't believe it is the highest.

I am almost positive that samus zair and links zair have the highest priority in the entire freakin game.

explosions have high priority too

ex. Link bombs
Snake gernades

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Okay what some people are saying is the amount of damage it gives is related to priority. Some attacks will cancel each other. But me as a pit playing and messing around with WoI ( wings of Icarus) Pits Up B
I have canceled moves with the starting animation of it. Also the starting animation has a push back. But Wings do not do any damage, such as Mario's Fludd attack and squirtle's water gun, it just pushes people back, but its considered a melee attack for some reason. My reasoning being as Marth's, Ike's and Lucario's reliation attack are activated during the starting animation of WoI. So i doubt the amount of damage is directly related to it.

Also i was wondering if the Super Armor involved with some attacks have anything to do with it.

Browny

Smash Hater
i believe Sonic has the highest on his side b during the hop and usmash. His side b goes through G&w turtle regulary, it goes through everything ive ever tested (even bombs, link dair,) but it doesnt have invincibility frames since he will still get hit by a smart bomb. I figure if his side b goes through 180% lucario aura sphere, it therefore goes through everything.

and his usmash is the same. there are a few frames during start up where its possible hes invincible. he doesnt even take damage if he's c4'd when he activates usmash >_>

Ulevo

Smash Master
True priority is how it interacts with other hitboxes when applicable (clanks/gets clanked/both clank), not how disjointed it is. In Melee it was simply how much damage % the hitbox did (again, in situations where priority is considered), and if the two were within ~8-9% of each other they would both clank, and if the difference was greater than that the stronger one would continue on and the other gets clanked. Priority didn't apply to Air vs Ground or Air vs Air, but Air vs Cancellable projectiles used the same 8-9% for whether it destroyed it.

If it still works the same way it's simply the attack with the greatest damaging hitbox, and will overpower the most moves.
That's generally how it goes. Although, something intrigues me.

If Air vs Ground is determined by who has the larger hitbox and the more exposed hurtbox, then why does Meta Knights Glide attack clank with grounded attacks? I've noticed this a lot while fighting Meta Knight vs Marth lately.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
That's generally how it goes. Although, something intrigues me.

If Air vs Ground is determined by who has the larger hitbox and the more exposed hurtbox, then why does Meta Knights Glide attack clank with grounded attacks? I've noticed this a lot while fighting Meta Knight vs Marth lately.
Maybe Glide attacks don't count as aerials?

Adapt

Smash Lord
Sonic's up-B has invincibility frames. I believe this was tested somewhere, and I did a bit of testing myself. It doesn't appear to have high priority (ike's ftilt will knock him out of it if he's not in the invincible part.

About the side-B, is it only during the hop that it has high priority? Cuz I know I have knocked sonic out of the grounded version with Zamus's dash attack

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Sonic's up-B has invincibility frames. I believe this was tested somewhere, and I did a bit of testing myself. It doesn't appear to have high priority (ike's ftilt will knock him out of it if he's not in the invincible part.

About the side-B, is it only during the hop that it has high priority? Cuz I know I have knocked sonic out of the grounded version with Zamus's dash attack
He said upsmash Not up B. We think it might have invincibility frames somewhere, because he doesn't get hurt by Snake's C4 while doing it.

And yes, only the initial hop in Sonic's side B has high priority. For a general idea, the hop would've gone straight through your dash attack.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
How the hell does Game & Watch's Uair go through Toon Link's Uair, anyway?
ah i forgot a few words?
Game and watches UPB does not go threw toon links d-air.
d--air will hit him out of it.
anyway i do not understand your question
Game and watches Uair i believe has wind push (not sure if thats an attack)

Browny

Smash Hater
i would. i still havent a found a single attack his side b hop doesnt go through and his upsmash is still possibly invincibility. ill check it out a bit more now

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Luigi's Nair could stop Jesus's resurrection.

Adapt

Smash Lord
He said upsmash Not up B. We think it might have invincibility frames somewhere, because he doesn't get hurt by Snake's C4 while doing it.

And yes, only the initial hop in Sonic's side B has high priority. For a general idea, the hop would've gone straight through your dash attack.
Ooops... I meant upsmash, not up-B. the upsmash appears to be invincible from just before the apex of the "jump" to just after the apex. That's the best I could find out

Killress

Smash Ace
You know, this is actually interesting.

I wonder if the whole community could get together and do intense research on each and every characters, estimate and gauge the priority of their moves overall, and place them into a "Rankings" Character with maybe other features involved.

But tires dun axeest!

;)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
The overused move, referred to as Metaknight, has the most priority. It's a never ending hitbox with priority over invincibility, super armor, and mind games. Heck, I'd be willing to bet that it has priority over life. Now tell me that's not broken.

TehBo49

Smash Ace
In an alternate universe, where Brawl does not suc
Unless you get a lot of people to sit down & do some long, thorough testing, there is no way to determine the highest priority attack. We can only say that certain attacks have high/low priority.

Although, I don't know if this counts, but attacks with super armor outprioritize any non-counter attack.

dprim3

Smash Rookie
This sort of gets indefinite when we get into which moves count. Does Kirby's down-b count? Or counter?

Also, are there any RPS situations with priority? Like, do any moves have priority over moves that have priority over moves that have priority over the first move? Or do we know there's a list where each move has priority over any move under it?

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
This sort of gets indefinite when we get into which moves count. Does Kirby's down-b count? Or counter?

Also, are there any RPS situations with priority? Like, do any moves have priority over moves that have priority over moves that have priority over the first move? Or do we know there's a list where each move has priority over any move under it?
I asked this already.

Attack priority doesn't work in a circle. It's a list. Otherwise, the terms high priority & low priority would be meaningless. Any attack with a damaging hitbox should be counted.
With that than your reasoning saying that marths, ike, and lucarios counter attack have the most priority.

Also metaknight is just a god, he doesnt count but i havent seen the rising animation of shuttle loop stopped. Anyways i doubt moves with superarmor count as having the most. It merely states the move can be stopped by damaging the hurt box of a character. Maybe Dks gorilla punch, and falcon punch clashs but just hitting dk wont stop it.

I'll do more research, over and out.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Any attack with a damaging hitbox should be counted.
Counters do not have priority, they have invincibility frames and "counter" frames. There are plenty of multihit attacks that will go straight through the counters, and plenty of attacks that can trigger them without the user being hit.

Super armor moves do not have priority. You still get hit so you are not outprioritizing their attack.

Invincible moves should not be considered to have high priority, since technically they are not beating out the opponents attack, but instead getting hit by the opponent's attack(while their invincible) and then retaliating with their own.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I asked this already.

With that than your reasoning saying that marths, ike, and lucarios counter attack have the most priority.

Also metaknight is just a god, he doesnt count but i havent seen the rising animation of shuttle loop stopped. Anyways i doubt moves with superarmor count as having the most. It merely states the move can be stopped by damaging the hurt box of a character. Maybe Dks gorilla punch, and falcon punch clashs but just hitting dk wont stop it.

I'll do more research, over and out.
Lucario's Dair and Aura Sphere go through Shuttle Loop, if you want to be picky, although it's not exactly the same thing. Dair's an aerial, though, so meh.

Top Bottom