• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Reskins: Custom Alt Colors (No burning needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danwaigand

Smash Rookie
With the amount of time and effort that would take to do the above, I would much rather program my own smash game from scratch (since that'd be way more enjoyable anyway)

As it was mentioned before, nothing exists for the old characters except a few stripped effect files.
Even if, to simply swap character models won't work. It'd work to an extent that if you were to copy over the old skeleton of the old model so the anims match up, but that involves re-rigging the model, which pretty much means you'd be better off just adding a completely new model in the first place.

zOMGz!!!!! SARAHARP!!! I REMEMBER YOU FROM EMUTALK!!!!!! OH WOW YOU WORK FOR RETRO STUDIOS RIGHT!!!!!!!

I want you to make me Yuna with a mario hat! and mustache!!!!! like this!!!!

and then.. then.. uhh. NAKED SONIC!! YES! GIVE ME NAKED SONIC (because who wants to see samus naked?!? you already see her suitless)

then.. uh.. hm. can you make RICK ASTLEY into it so that I can go around singing "Never Gonna Give You Up???"

danwaigand

Smash Rookie
zOMGz..

Well Yuna is from FinalFantasy X.. or X2? ehh.. never played the games. just did the exportation thing... but the mario hat and mustache.. I think they're from galaxy? I think? and Sonic? I got sonic from this really hawt chick i keep asking out who is finally starting to not just say "lol dan". ah well.. aiming high I guess.

oh.. I just googled Rick Astley. Yeah.

DracoKun

Smash Cadet
Well, funny thing I have all the time in the world. Just no direction or knowledge of these sort of things or else I would do them lol.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Well, funny thing I have all the time in the world. Just no direction or knowledge of these sort of things or else I would do them lol.
Same here. LOl. Still working on the Shadow texture. (-.-) I'm not very good at textures. It,just doesn't look right.

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
I've just learned of this topic in the "Brawl" Peach forums. I only skimmed through this topic ('cause it's so long), but WOW!

You deserve a medal, the Internet, and a lifetime supply of cookies!

Alas, my Wii's not modded, and I don't want to mod it, so I can't do this stuff myself. BUT STILL...WOW.

Anyhow, I've got a request!

Long before Marth was confirmed for "Brawl", I had given thought to what I though his sixth costume should be. One was Roy colors, the other was...

NAKED MARTH!

LOL, just kidding! :chuckle: I mean this:

(Picture Credit: Mobbin)

Can you make my Royal Purple Marth and take some screens of him in-game? I will love you forever if you do. :grin:

This almost makes me want to mod my Wii and do this. Why couldn't they have simply added a custom costume feature instead of trying to advertise games? =[
I think that there should have been a Custom Color feature, too, a la "Soul Calibur 3's"! :)

Feel like Modding your Wii? Good at Photoshop? Don't mind Gecko? Then do it yourself!
Yes by voiding your warranty, you too can see Zamus naked from any angle!

-In hyper fast voice- Note, by being good at photoshop may not allow you to be good at using photoshop. If Gecko is applied to face or mouth please wash with soap and seek a doctor. After modding, your Wii may become temperamental and may try and strangle you with your gamecube controller, please avoid using gamecube controllers even thought they are superior. Only play with items on full and keep the starman and smash balls on at all time even when playing against Sonic.
:laugh:

And why is it that whenever there's a new hack for Brawl, Pikachu's always the first one to try it on?
:laugh:

LONGCHU FOR PRESIDENT!

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
I have a simple request, really compared to any request this is probably the easiest, simply make Falco that has black feathers have his red coat outfit

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I've been WAY too busy lately.

By the way, I have figured out the model format, so importing new models isn't impossible. However it will be quite some work because the format is somewhat complex.

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/8139/dvpsmashsamushu4.png
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3661/brawlzssbb6.png
..etc

Obviously these aren't finished 100% because I still need to find things like materials and such.
Dude...YOU ARE AWESOME!!! Like I said I don't really know much about anything technical, but if there's anything I could help with, just let me know. I was wondering if/when someone would figure out the model format.

http://rapidshare.com/files/129259854/FitPikachu00.zip.html

Yeah...another terrible texture, this time done in pokemon yellow style! Oh well, at least it looks better than my last.
Like I said, I've been pretty busy. I'll take a look at them when I get the chance. Thanks for recompressing them to .tpl format. ;)

Darn. I can't view those files. Did you use photoshop? I'm using fireworks. Only reason I'm asking.
They're the format the actual game uses for the textures.

Naked ZSS would be cool because then Brawl would be on Fox news.
The sad thing is, you're right. :laugh:

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
is this possible in melee?
I would assume so. I mean, its been done in smash 64 and in brawl.

I also have questions: What format are the models in? Is the format the same as Melee, or is it different? Could it be possible to import Melee models to Brawl?

EDIT:

http://rapidshare.com/files/129916237/FitLuigi00.zip.html

Some more textures, this time a monochrome Luigi. All I had to do here was edit the color values...

EDIT2: Can someone get me Kirby's texture? I'm kinda lazy at the moment, but I had a really great idea for a couple of textures.

Fossilized Ursidae

Smash Apprentice
Okay well I probably screwed something up or didn't do something right, but this is something I threw together combining limited time, windows 98, paint shop pro 5, and a laptop track ball.
http://rapidshare.com/files/129918535/Ness_Textures.zip.html
I mostly want to see how the textures come out on Ness, even if they suck.

I think it would be cool if a whole board was dedicated to making skins/models if this catches on. I'd like to make them, even if I can't play them on my own wii.

*If i saved the files wrong somehow Pharrox I'm sorry, and i understand that your busy (i am too), so don't feel rushed to do mine.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Alright, some more questions. I assume Kirby has different models for each of his hats, right? Well, could it be possible to "lock" Kirby to a certain ability, such as Lucario Kirby? And if so, is it possible to do that, but use the model of another hat, such as Meta Knight Kirby?

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
if it is posible in melee would it be possible to replace melee characters like fox with brawl character's like sonic lol. I mean he might have fox's moveset or something but at least it will look cool.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Alright, some more questions. I assume Kirby has different models for each of his hats, right? Well, could it be possible to "lock" Kirby to a certain ability, such as Lucario Kirby? And if so, is it possible to do that, but use the model of another hat, such as Meta Knight Kirby?
No, Kirby's hats aren't part of his actual costumes. They're stored seperately and just pinned on so to speak.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Could it be possible with USB Gecko?
I don't think so.

sorry for all the questions but umm is it possible to edit the soundtracks in the game?
Like SarahHarp said, if someone is able to convert the music. From what I've heard it isn't too complicated, and there is already a program that can play the raw sound format on the computer. It's just a matter of reversing that. I think Wolf Pup said he would take a look at it if he ever has some extra time.

also I wanted to know there's wiiscrubber, is there any other program like it for gamecube iso files.
To do what? The main feature of WiiScrubber is that it compresses Wii iso files. I don't believe there is anything to do that for the Gamecube. As far as file editing (which I assume is what you are referring to), I assume there is something at least similar to it, but I don't know what it is. Wii disks are encrypted and signed, so a special program like Trucha or WiiScrubber is needed to resign everything after editing. Gamecube disks however aren't, so it may just be a simple dump program.

EDIT: Also, if anyone's curious about how modchips work and why things are done the way they are, this video does a really good job of explaining it. The video is a couple years old (it was made only a month after the Wii came out), so ignore the part at the end about there being no Wii homebrew. The first Wii homebrew hack was shown in the 2007 video.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Well, can anyone get me that Kirby texture? Also, can I have Meta Knight's too? Sorry for being buggy(and lazy), but I'm not quite sure how to get them.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
The Kirby texture is actually really bad. Because of the way it is mapped to the model there isn't really anything that can be done with it. Still, since you requested it, here it is:

kirbytex.rar

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
I don't think so.

Like SarahHarp said, if someone is able to convert the music. From what I've heard it isn't too complicated, and there is already a program that can play the raw sound format on the computer. It's just a matter of reversing that. I think Wolf Pup said he would take a look at it if he ever has some extra time.

To do what? The main feature of WiiScrubber is that it compresses Wii iso files. I don't believe there is anything to do that for the Gamecube. As far as file editing (which I assume is what you are referring to), I assume there is something at least similar to it, but I don't know what it is. Wii disks are encrypted and signed, so a special program like Trucha or WiiScrubber is needed to resign everything after editing. Gamecube disks however aren't, so it may just be a simple dump program.
If anyone will please be soo kind as to direct me in the way of a simple dump program :)

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Well...I wasn't quite sure what to name the Mouth, Feet, and Skin textures, so if I saved anything incorrectly, I can go and fix it. Anyways, my newest texture, Kirby Superstar kirby:

http://rapidshare.com/files/130015589/FitKirby00.zip.html

Also, earlier I posted a monochrome Luigi texture. I'll go find it real quick.

edit: Found it. http://rapidshare.com/files/129916237/FitLuigi00.zip.html
The textures must have the names they are originally extracted with (i.e.: tex#00_14.tga). Without that there is no way of knowing what format they need to use in game. Also, I just checked and I can't view your Pikachu texture either. For a second I thought you converted them into .tpl, but the .tga files give me errors when I try to use them.

If anyone will please be soo kind as to direct me in the way of a simple dump program :)
Like I say, I don't know much as far as the gamecube is concerned. I suggest looking around sites like gbatemp or tehskeen. If they don't have it they'll know where to get it.

Fossilized Ursidae

Smash Apprentice
Im guessing from the file name they are jiggs eyes
that is correct. I made Jigglypuff's eyes like a bob-omb's and turned jigglypuff dark blue. I basically removed the textures for her ears and mouth by making them the same as her skin. So now it jigglpuff should be bob-omb colored and have bob-omb eyes. (well my lame imitation of a bob-omb)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom