• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tutorial: Make your youtube videos 60FPS

Zantetsu

Smash Master
We all know Mupen64k has an excellent recording feature. Why not take advantage of it and make our videos top notch quality? In this tutorial, I'm going to show you have to upload high quality, 60 FPS videos on to your youtube account. Lets get started.

What you will need
Mupen64k
K-Lite Codec Pack
A Youtube account

1. Record the video you would like to record. Do this by starting the game then going to Utilities > Record > Start Recording. After that, you will come up to a save page. Name the file whatever you want and click save.

2. Finish your match and stop recording by going to Utilities > Record > Stop Recording.

3(Make sure you are not on Kaillera while doing this step). After you have finished your recording and you're done with your matches, load up SSB and go to Utilities > Record > Start Playback. You will notice that your match you recorded earlier is playing back for you. Now when your at a point you want to start recording, go to Utilities > Record > Start Capture. You will come up to a screen that looks like this.

Here is where you can name the avi file for the match. Just name it something simple that you can remember later on when your uploading the video on youtube and then click save.

5. Once you have clicked save, you should get a screen that looks like this.

Click the drop down menu and then you'll have a list of things you can choose from. Choose XviD MPEG-4 Codec and then click configure.

6. When you select Configure, you should have a window that looks similar tothe one below.

Adjust the 3rd box to be around 5 or 10 and click ok. You will be brought back to the previous menu which you will just need to click ok again.

7. Now you will notice that the emulator is running quite slow. This means it's recording and capturing all frames. Just wait until your ready to stop the recording then proceed to step 8.

8. Now that your ready to stop, go to Utilities > Record > Stop Playback.

9. Once that's done, just go to Youtube.com and upload your avi file. You now have a full 60 FPS video :)

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Same can be done with Project64k with p2p client but its harder because it doesnt record directly to an avi file, you have to convert it yourself with another program.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Why Zantetsu, I like BHLMRO better, it made me wonder what it stood for :lick:
On the other hand, thanks for the advice...now I can get rid of Hypercam (bloodly lag).

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Wow, ive never even recorded a ssb match online before.

Ill have to try this out and start making some videos for you guys to critique! :laugh:

Xelgand

Smash Apprentice
with project64k and the p2p client its about the same.

but you need an external program like FRAPS www.fraps.com/ or hypercam to do the capture step

MattNF

Smash Lord
Wow this is a good guide, good job BHLMRO. I'll be using this in the future.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
BUMP! I followed those steps one by one and (no matter what codec I use) it never records well... my videos are simply a white screen.
Anybody can help to solve this?

House

Smash Journeyman
Don't bother with it. Unfortunately YouTube updated their check system, so 60 FPS videos can no longer be uploaded from now on (They are automatically changed to 30 FPS). Same with .flv videos.

malva00

Smash Master
there's also MEGAVIDEO one time i went there and it said "MEGAVIDEO, better than youtube" as the title

or i didn't go there but it was a pop up from megaupload

Top Bottom