• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The biggest Mindgame/Conspiracy to ever happen to Super Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
ESTICLE

A CT tournament that took place on 8/9/08

Mew2King was there
Mew2King played Meta Knight
Mew2King did not win...

Now, anybody that has been paying attention to these boards knows that there has been serious talk about realistically banning MK from tournaments. And the main responce to this idea has always been, "we cant ban him until he begins to run over and dominate every tournament" which is a philosophy that i whole heartedly agree with. Now, M2K hits the boards just as much as any other person, and sees that: :1. MK is obviously the best character in the game, and :2. if he were to get banned, it would be much harder for him to make his money winning these tourneys...

So what does he do?

somebody widely accepted as the best player in brawl, got 4th at Esticle. He got beat by a Diddy Kong. Because the legendary M2K was playing MK and got beat, this is what M2K has done to cement MK's unwarrented place in tounaments

He threw a tourney, so that there would be no reason for an otherwise justifyable MK ban. he even made sandbagging with MK look like the other player was beating him, if thats not a broken character, than there is truly no hope left for us. M2K may have just confirmed his MK tourney win cashflow for the rest of brawl's lifespan.

If we allow him to get away with this, it will be the GREATEST mindgame ever played. Ive seen the pictures, the picture of M2K after the tourney, winning 4th place, he has a bigger smile than the happiness contained in every other M2K picture taken combined. this can only be for one of two reasons. 1. he got sucked off right after the tournament, or 2. he already knows that he may have just conned an entire nation. im putting my money on the latter

BTW this is in no way meant to be offensive to Ninjalink, everyone knows hes a beast, im just saying that everything worked out a little "too" well for M2K. And im not the only one who thinks this, nor am I the one who came up with this theory, it was brought up to me by a number of people in Rochester, and they are respected members of this community. It's not just one random scrub's opinion, this is a strong theory that many ppl that ive spoken with will cosign too

pls, for the sake of all our souls, discuss this

tl;dr. dont post here
p.s. @memphis, your placing at esticle proves that your sonic is complete garbage

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
M2K Johns.

The community wouldn't base a ban entirely on M2K. Sometimes people just have bad days. Yesterday I beat someone who 2 stocked me last time we faced in a tourney. I mean, yeah I got a little better, but sometimes people just have bad days. It happens, and apparently even to the best of us.

BTW: i do not support the ban of MK

Whats creepier is that you're taking pictures and judging his smile.

10stalkers

Tenki

Smash Hero
Basically, this:
opinion: "MK is broken. If in the hands of one of the best players in Smash, he is undefeatable!"
*'best mk' gets defeated*

conclusion: MK is not broken and shouldn't be banned

and this is the mindgame.

Whats creepier is that you're taking pictures and judging his smile.

10stalkers
and this is true.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
nah dude, I'm not that good against Diddy compared to other important matchups, also NinjaLink is EXTREMELY good, he's just had bad luck in tourneys until now. Both my matches with him were also extremely close anyway. I also used DDD vs Chu since we all split the top 5, I basically gave him the match by going DDD (it was really hard to get a kill move off until like 140 and stuff cuz Chu's really careful and campy). Kirby counters DDD, according to what Chu and Neo both told me, but I was cocky and thought I could win anyway, but I didn't. Oh well. I didn't really care much at all since we were splitting, and I wasn't playing for anything at that point.

Even if MK is the best character (I think Snake is, at least right now, and I think I'm really good with him, but I have never used him in tourney yet because I'm scared to use new characters in tourney and I would never be sure when to use him over MK/DDD), he's not the best by that much at all. Also NinjaLink took Azen to 5th game, and the 1 game that Azen used MK he got almost 2 stocked, and Azen's MK is extremely good, I think he's the 2nd best after mine overall. NinjaLink should have beaten Chu, it went to 5 games, and the games NL won he won by a lot, and the games he lost was cuz of an SD at 20, a Kirby suck up, and Norfair camping (no discredit to chu of course, but NL is better than him).

Weird characters are hard for me, experience is too important. When i fought plank in the tourney, i 3 stocked him in our first match, a MK ditto, then the 2nd match he used his 2ndary Wario, and he BEAT me. Matchup experience is so important in Brawl.

Chillin only posted MK is the best by far cuz everyone in that region uses MK, and just copy each other the whole time so they evolve the character a lot faster. There's still tons of characters unexplored. I use MK cuz I heard he was good, but I also like swordsman and characters that remind me of Melee, and MK is fast. Chillin said Diddy was low tier in his tier list, and after the tourney he said Diddy was top tier. He's extremely biased to his own experiences.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
if i was just as skilled with MK as another good character, like ZSS or Olimar or Pit, I might have an even easier time winning since NO ONE has experience vs these characters compared to the experinece they have vs MK. Regardless of how good a character is perceived to be, if people know what to do it's way different. I have much more trouble with Jigglypuff in Melee than I do a Marth ditto or vs Fox, despite Marth/Fox being better than Jiggs. It's cuz there's so many Marth's and Fox's around here, I learned what to do. Same goes for everyone.

I don't care if you ban MK, I'll just win with a different character. There are PLENTY of amazing characters, I just never tried to explore them because I have no one to play, and it would be too hard to get good fast enough. My DDD and Snake could still probably win big tourneys switching between the two if I couldn't use my main.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom