• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you know how to Chain Grab at zero % in sheik dittos?

Magus420

Smash Master
I dash and hit z at the same time. I should record the difference in the animations..
If you press forward to dash and hit Z at the same time you do a standing grab. Stand still and pause the game, hold forward and Z, and then unpause. You'll do a standing grab. The dash needs to register first before you press Z.

The dust cloud you described before is part of the dash animation but it doesn't appear immediately. If you interrupt the dash early enough it's before that happens which is why you wouldn't see it.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I was able to do it a few times today, but has anyone analyzed its frame data, difference in range etc.?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Grab

Total: 30
Grab: 7-8
-------------------------------------

Running grab

Total: 40
Grab: 8-9
-------------------------------------

To see grab range difference you'd have to look up Seanson's Hitbox System. It's somewhere on the boards, I don't remember where though.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
So jc grab and dash grab come out at the same time. About the hitbox, Sheik leans forward when she does her dash grab, so it gets slightly more range as opposed to the jc grab, and since they come out at the same time, it's obviously a better choice for chaingrabs. Also, you don't have to worry about overshooting because the dash grab hitbox is both in front and behind sheik.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
so boost grabbing is dash attack cancelled grabs, or what? Sorry if I'm sounding nubby, but I'm not sure if I'm understanding the proceedure...

but besides that, the info in this thread is excellent ^_^

dudutsai

Smash Lord
yeah I figured it out a few days ago. You dash attack, then press Z almost immediately. This makes you shuffle forwards and grab with further range. It's hard though

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Boost grabbing can be done with A and R too, which is my preferred method. It supposedly triples Sheik's grab range.

Dunno. Never really found a use for it.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
That means I'm half as good as M2K. XD I love Inui logic so much.

Top Bottom