• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi ATs?

MasterToshima

Smash Journeyman
What are Luigi AT's(if he even has AT's). IF you didn't know, AT stands for Advance Tech. And no, Jab+Punch is not AT(right). Oh and don't name me ATs that every character can do, name me only the ones that are specific to Luigi or Luigi does it the best.

I got one, Taunt Spike, that's an AT, right?

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
It's advanced in the sense that it's difficult to pull off. =)

In the way of ATs, my favorite is the Hyphen Smash. That's the sliding Charged Up Smash during a Dash. It can be done from a Stand-Still before the Dash animation even starts. You can do Reverse Hyphen Smashes, where you turn around just before the Hyphen Smash. The uSmash hitbox behind Luigi is larger. In about half an hour of pure Reverse Hyphen Smash practice, I was only able to do it once from a stand still.

There are Jab Cancels, where you tap Down after a Jab to quickly perform another move (or Jab without Tripple Jabbing).

There's the Fireball Lock, similar to Falco's Laser Lock, where Luigi spams Fireballs on an enemy lying on his back. It's rare because we rarely follow up Fireballs with Fireballs on the ground at close range. I don't know of any dTilt Tripping -> Fireball Locking...

Luigi also has a Zap Jump with both the Fireball and Green Missile. There isn't any height gain, but the Green Missile charges a tad quicker. I Tap Jump so I haven't gotten around to using them to great effect, if even possible.

Let's not forget the Jumpless Rising Cyclone which can save you in a pinch. You can rise out any (first) Luigi Cyclone even without a jump, but you need to have jackhammer fingers. The amount of lift you get from a full Jumpless Rising Cyclone is almost the same as one WITH the help of a jump's momentum, but human fingers aren't fast enough.

Taunt Spikes should count as an AT. Especially a Sliding Taunt Spike where you walk as you dTaunt to extend your range.

Speaking of sliding, you can also do Sliding Down Smashes the same way to slightly extend the range of your dSmash.

AT or not, Luigi also has the nice ability to Tech Land Fast Falls after any Short Hopped Aerial. Short Hop, Aerial, Fast Fall and immediately Air Dodge. It gives Luigi excellent Input Buffer during the Air Dodge.

And the last one that could be an AT is his Triple Aerial Short Hop. I don't know of any other character that can string together three aerial attacks during a single Short Hop. The "TASH" is fAir -> fAir -> nAir. The Sex Kick at the end will always connect Sweet Spotted.

I don't remember/know of any others.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Luigi also has a Zap Jump with both the Fireball and Green Missile. There isn't any height gain, but the Green Missile charges a tad quicker. I Tap Jump so I haven't gotten around to using them to great effect, if even possible.
Yes it does. I tested it. The height gain is at least 20%.

I built a stage with a lot of platforms. He could get to ones by charging a missile that he could not with a regular jump.

You have to start charging at a fairly specific part of the jump, but its easy to do. Its just about 1 luigi off of the ground.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Sorry, I meant any height gain over Jump THEN immediately to Green Missile. That's why I said that comparitavely it charges a tad quicker. Yeah he gains more jump height with a Green Missile, but it does not need to be Zap Jumped.

I didn't measure anything. I just eyeballed it, and it was just like someone else had pointed out in another thread.

MasterToshima

Smash Journeyman
Hoho, didn't know rising tornado was an AT, sweet! PRobably the most known he has.

Y thx guys and btw this wasn't a thread to ask what r his AT's but a thread to show that he has too little AT's but still Rising Tornado is awsome!

kigbariom

Smash Lord
a great AT is when moving as fast as you can without actually dashing, do a down smash. He covers ground while kicking both sides. If it is rolled through it hits them on the loop. Also easy way to get him twice in one kick.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
The "Rising Tornado" isn't necessarily an AT (i don't think we can consider it "advanced")... but a Jumpless Rising Cyclone most certainly is. Go into training mode, change the speed to 1/4th, and try a Jumpless Rising Cyclone while falling. Press the B button as fast as you can and BE AMAZED AT THE HEIGHT YOU GET. Now if only our human fingers could pull that off at normal speed.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
The "Rising Tornado" isn't necessarily an AT (i don't think we can consider it "advanced")... but a Jumpless Rising Cyclone most certainly is. Go into training mode, change the speed to 1/4th, and try a Jumpless Rising Cyclone while falling. Press the B button as fast as you can and BE AMAZED AT THE HEIGHT YOU GET. Now if only our human fingers could pull that off at normal speed.
Jumpless Rising tornado kills my fingers lol, I could never pull that off in a fight.

luigidude90

Smash Apprentice
Jumpless Rising tornado kills my fingers lol, I could never pull that off in a fight.
i can do that pretty well because of melee luigi but your finger hurts afterwards lol. i can only do it about 3-4 times before i dont have the stamina to keep pressing that fast.

Top Bottom