• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Instant Grabbing A Ledge

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
While doing firefox in an UPWARD direction.

CPU Fox. Lvl 1. 4%. 45 degree angle from right edge. Does typical firefox towards stage. Instant grabs ledge. He wasn't close enough to grab out of the stall and wasn't far enough that it was the end of it. It was literally the exact middle.

I've never heard of this before. It was instant, he didn't hit the ledge or edge or stage at all. Incredible.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
While doing firefox in an UPWARD direction.

CPU Fox. Lvl 1. 4%. 45 degree angle from right edge. Does typical firefox towards stage. Instant grabs ledge. He wasn't close enough to grab out of the stall and wasn't far enough that it was the end of it. It was literally the exact middle.

I've never heard of this before. It was instant, he didn't hit the ledge or edge or stage at all. Incredible.
I believe this is in the wrong forum. ;)

I know it's really not, idiots. -.-

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Yes, it was as if it was brawl.

I'm going to attribute it to battlefield, but it didn't appear as if he hit and weird ledge. it was an instant auto sweetspot.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Yes because it's battlefield. And yes because it's a similar situation.

No because it's fox, and no because it's in the middle of his up b.

Let's get Magus in here, he knows something about the situation and the hitboxes and wingdings and the howwho's and whatnots.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
That's pretty **** cool. I want to know moar. Let's get Magus in here.
Was this on Battlefield btw?
Let's remember though, CPU's do weird **** that you actually can't (such as forbidden smash di) all the time. But there has to be some explanation to this, so it's more likely that you can do it.

Magus420

Smash Master
Yeah, it's probably much like Falcon's in that on that stage it's possible to get pushed down from the nearby ceiling surface while also having only the one ledge grab box connect with the ledge area, which meets the conditions needed to grab an edge and so you do.

If it's pretty much exactly like Falcon's you need to hit where the wall and ceiling join just right (you can see this part of the stage in that video) so that you interact with both surfaces on the same frame: getting pushed down by hitting the ceiling for the downward movement requirement, and pushed outward by the wall enough so that only the front ledge grab box is making contact with the ledge (if both the front and rear grab boxes make contact the game prevents you from grabbing it). Being too far into the stage so that they both connect is how you get "Battlefielded".

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Insane. If someone could do this consistently.... wow. So only certain characters can do/have done this?

Top Bottom