• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UMDOW Brawl/ Melee 2 Ann Arbor, MI 10/26

SCOTU

Smash Hero
University of Michigan Digi-Ops Weekly Brawl 2

SBR Certified

A new series of smash tournaments is starting up! Hosted by the hosts of the University of Michigan Biweeklies, at the venue of the previous Digi-Ops Biweeklies, and weekly! This tournament will be Brawl Singles and Brawl Doubles

WE NEED BRAWL/MELEE DISCS

ENTRY

$5 Venue Fee
$5 Brawl Singles
$5 Brawl Doubles (per person; $10/ team)
$5 Melee Singles

TIME SCHEDULE

12:00 NOON Registration for Doubles Begins
12:30 Doubles Begins

-- After Doubles there will be a 1 hour break for lunch

4:00 (or after the lunch break) Singles Registration begins
4:30 Singles Begins

8:00 Melee Registration Begins
8:30 Melee Singles Begins

VENUE
Name: Digital Ops
Address: 525 E Liberty Street
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
MAP

Parking:
There's a parking structure by boarders that should be free. On Sundays most if not all street parking is free, so that's available too.

RULES: BRAWL

General rules:

* 3 Stock (2 Stock for Pools)
* 8 minute timer (6 min for pools)
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* All sets (except winners, losers, and grand finals) will be best of 3s, the 3 finals games are best of 5
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape is banned.
* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Lists

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Green Greens

Banned

All other stages, including Customs

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON

RULES: MELEE

General Rules

* Items are set to off
* The stock is set to 4
* The time limit is set to 8 minutes
* All sets are best of 3 matches, except for winners, losers, and grand finals, which are best of 5s
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose the stage they last won on
* Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
* Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match
* The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
* Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
* Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: FoD)

Set Format (in order of procedure)
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List **
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for this match
**Opponents may instead agree upon a random stage

Random Stage List
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Dream Land: Green Greens
DK Island: Jungle Japes
F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City
Kanto Skies: Poke Floats
Lylat System: Corneria
Planet Zebes: Brinstar

Banned Stage List
DK Island: Kongo Jungle
Eagleland: Onett
Eagleland: Fourside
F-Zero Grand Prix: Big Blue
Hyrule Temple
Infinite Glacier: Icicle Mountain
Lylat System: Venom
Mushroom Kingdom I
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Island
Past Stages: Yoshi's Island
Superflat World: Flat Zone
Termina: Great Bay

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON
* Add F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City to the Banned Stage List
* Add Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams to the Banned Stage List

Additional Rules

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.
* Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overttime. Bowser's suicide klaw is exempt from this rule.
* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.
* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

Vayseth

Smash Master
We forgot to ask if you can do melee too, since some people wanted to do those. Make sure to send this to the guy Scotu! Did you get the e-mail? If not, PM me your e-mail and I'll forward it to you.

dingding

Smash Ace
"cause i kinda got a conflict goin on right now, anther and noj both want to be my partner.. awkward lolz"
-funzo

I loled..

dingding

Smash Ace
"cause i kinda got a conflict goin on right now, anther and noj both want to be my partner.. awkward lolz"
-said by funzo

I loled

dingding

Smash Ace
-said by funzo

I loled

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I can't. I ain't got me mod powers in here. Although I could still give him points for it... :D

Btw, why isn't there another thread on the midwest board?

rofa

Smash Journeyman
nice to see you guys doin' it dirty again. props to scotu, levitas, and all u guys for getting this thing going again. the community definitely has mass respect for u guys, and u deserve it.

i hope i can make it.

Top Bottom