• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm a new Peach user looking for constructive criticism

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Hi all you Peaches out there.
I've been training my Peach quite seriously for only 1 week. How have I come along so far?
(And no, I'm not doing this because Ankoku did). I just discovered I love using Peach. :)
She's my strongest secondary for sure!

Here are 4 videos of my Peach- each video with a different dress color! W00ts all around.

So without further ado, here are my Peach videos for the Peach Board to enjoy and critique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76XwWTXhEsc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPdizF4FO64
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn-AHSjIA3g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF68Ow7DJJY

EDIT: 2 new Peach vids!!! Me vs. the same Marth in both vids. Very fun matches. Enjoy and critique.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvyK97w07zk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb-A72F1E18

Note: Now I have a vid of my Peach in every color dress! Booyaaa!!!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Only saw 2 of them. You have a habit of rolling way too much. And you mostly roll to Dsmashes. It seems you get scared way too easy. In the match with G&W, when you rolled behind him, that was a free hit for you. But rolled again. You get nervous when one is near you that you ether roll or dsmash.

This is all I got for now, I'll watch the others later.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
First things first - how bad was the lag in those matches?

You need to watch your rolling habits. Rolling is great but you can just walk/run away from attacks. This gives you ample time to spring back with something. Habitually D Smashing everytime you get near someone is also a very easy way to get punished so watch your D Smash use

You are very very very grounded. I highly recommend you use Peach's air game more. Her Fair is one of her best killers and Floating Dair is an excellent damage builder (shouldn't be spammed though)

Your use of SH Dairs was nice but you never seemed to follow up with them. If SH a Dair correctly, you can actually Float just before you hit the ground, allowing you to do Floating aerials on the ground to get extra damage e.g. SH Dair ---> Ground Floating Uair

Up Tilt! Make good use of this move. There were quite a few times (esepcially vs Mr Game and Watch) where you could have Up Tilted your opponents agressive Dair attempts

You used it but hardly so yea - learn to Glide Toss correctly. It's an excellent tech and whilst it shouldn't be abused, it improves Peachs approach a lot

I thought you were ok to say you've only used her for a week :) Hope you stick with her

M15t3R E

Smash Master
=/

Ok, I do d-smash too much but that's only because Float > Dair doesn't work very well on everyone. It's hard to figure out exactly what to do at times, especially while under pressure.
That's why I'm asking for your input, guys.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I hate you people >.> just cause I tell everyone to use a great move...*grumble*

Just to clarify, yea I say people should use Toad - on the other hand I don't say people should spam it. You don't even have to use it that much, just as long as you use it correctly is what I stand by.

If you get nervous and someone rolls behind you, trying an Instant Floating Bair. It's an excellent surprise move.

Floating Dair doesn't work on everyone. On the other, it's still a great move that you should try out sometime. It trashes heavy characters and beats out a lot of Olimars attacks (you have to watch out for his Up + B though)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Hi! I'm quite a new peach user as well and I'd love constructive criticism at some point. When I say new, I mean I'm new to the smashboards, not peach. I've played peach for quite some time now and I'd say I've become very decent, but there's certainly room for improvement.

The only problem is I havn't a clue how to upload videos of replays from my wii to youtube, and also I don't know what to do about replays over 3 minutes.

Can anyone help me?

Get back to me guys if you can

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Hi! I'm quite a new peach user as well and I'd love constructive criticism at some point. When I say new, I mean I'm new to the smashboards, not peach. I've played peach for quite some time now and I'd say I've become very decent, but there's certainly room for improvement.

The only problem is I havn't a clue how to upload videos of replays from my wii to youtube, and also I don't know what to do about replays over 3 minutes.

Can anyone help me?

Get back to me guys if you can
SD card. Computer with SD card slot.

OR

Video camera. (the noob way, but better than no video.)

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
First off, you need a lot more floating in your game. Try to learn how to float with a single jump so that you can use your second jump for spacing. Doing an instant double jump and holding it is quick, but you're missing out on potential combos. If you get a D-air in, thats a potential 30-40% combo up for grabs, have a look at our pro peach players and see the kind of floating game that they use and incorporate that in your own playing.

Secondly, always have a turnip in hand. That means you can start playing mind games and also use the very useful glide toss as well.

And lastly, when you're hitting people above you, use U-Tilt instead of U-air because its way quicker and has much more knockback.

Overall though, its good to see you're making good use of peach bomber. You're actually very good at using it.

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
SD card. Computer with SD card slot.

OR

Video camera. (the noob way, but better than no video.)
Um the SD card way doesn't quite work either.. because there .BIN files so you can't really convert .BIN files to videos. Basically Replays in Brawl just rePLAY your battle for you. The way most people do it is a video capture device... I think..

JuniorMints

Smash Cadet
I watched the Oli and Marths.

1. Dont roll too much. break that habit. roll only to give yourself space in a defensive measure. as soon as you lond a attack stay on the offensive for as long as you can.

2. Toad and Turnips. they are your best friends. use them.

3. Peach AT's like glide tossing are extremely useful, if you havent learned them by now learna few ATs glide tossing is a must. It opens up your mindgames and combos.

4. take advantage of your opponants mistakes. such as Olimar being below the ledge is one of them.

either then that for just a week of play its ok. not great but you have room for improvement. your peach could end up your main. =]

Top Bottom