• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omniswell's Filler Tournaments DATE: November 16th? (looking for confirmation)

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Ok guys, since Mking cant host these every biweek like he wants to i will fill in for him when he can't host. I made this topic for FILLER PURPOSES only so no johns about how this thread dosent have set biweeklies.

Date: WILL EDIT WHEN I GET IN TOUCH WITH VENUE its looking like November 16th due to vayseth not being able to host his tourney. (They open at noon, but the owner doesnt show up until like 12:30 feel free to stop by for friendlies!)
Registration starts at 12:30 PM
Tournament starts at 2:00 PM. ( Very little Exceptions will be made due to us taking up space!!)

3073 E Walton Blvd
Auburn Hills, MI 48326-2369

Price:
*Venue fee: $2.50
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles: $10 per person

Payout is standard
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%
*venue fee will be waived when you bring a WII or TV!

General Rules:
- 3 Stock
- 8 minute timer
- Items are set to "off" and "none"
- All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 for finals matches)
- If your gonna john about ports like me ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
- The same stage can't be used twice in a set unless agreed upon by both players. this goes for banned stages as well.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
- If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
- You are responsible for your own controller, wii, bag, money extc. If you get anythign stolen the venue is not at fault.
- Excessive Stalling is banned.
- Double blind character picking is allowed

First offense of the following rules is loss of stock, second offense is loss of that game, third is loss of match.

Stage Strike system is being used.

Starter stages:
-Battlefield
-Final destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Pokémon Stadium 1

They will be picked 1 - 2 - 1 and who chooses first will be decided by RPS.

Counterpickable stages:
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

You may ban one stage from either list after the striking process is over.

Each station will have a list of stages that you may select to avoid confusion. Also, if you and your opponent(s) agree, you may play any stage you want, banned or not. If you have any questions, please let me know before the tournament or before your match. If the match is already in progress you are stuck.

Banned:
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld

Wii+Brawl
1. The Venue has one Wii+Brawl with everything unlocked.

IMPORTANT VENUE INFORMATION
-Most of E. Walton Boulevard is closed for construction. Best way around this is taking University Dr. and going through a sidestreet called Snellbrook Rd. Taking that straight will get you to the plaza.

-The venue itself is, once in the plaza, around the right-hand corner. I too got lost on the way there :p

-Normally, ChillZone charges $3 an hour to use their other equipment. The venue fee only covers playing in the tournament. Other than that, tourney-goers will get a $1/hour discount on normal rates for their equipment. Again: if you want to use stations NOT being used for the tournament, the venue WILL charge you $2/h

NO WEED NO ALCHOL NO PIPES NO BAD STUFF (CIGARETTES ARE OK THOUGH) THIS RULE WILL BE ENFORCED IF YOU HAVE BAD **** ON YOU YOU WILL BE DQ'D

if you dont listen to these i hate you :)

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
1) because im not driving 1:15 mins to host a tourney
2) because there is already tournies in oakland and has been since summer :)

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
yeah its deff alot closer for me and jcav. we're not gunna be going to every ann arbor tourney. hell, outside of vayseth's monthlies and maybe lains, we aren't ever gunna be in ann arbor.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Mk is winning this tournament. unless anther comes :) wait he mains metaknight in pikachu form :)

Vayseth whats worse than mk winning another tourney........ the holocaust.

Edit: i'll Let you guys know when this is by WED (tomorrow) be ready for an update

yeah its deff alot closer for me and jcav. we're not gunna be going to every ann arbor tourney. hell, outside of vayseth's monthlies and maybe lains, we aren't ever gunna be in ann arbor.
when i announce the date i expect 20+ people there so spread the word

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Maybe anthers pikachus father is MK whom invented and gave him the lightball so one day he could overcome his fathers dictatorship in brawl.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Anther's Pikachu has been taking down top tiers since Melee. It's no different now.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
There's tournaments at OU? I go there, but have never heard of them. I saw a few people playing on the friday "gaming day" in the video game room, but they were worse than me, which is pretty bad.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
there are tourneys but the kids here suck. I MM a kid for 20$ because he said MK was bad....then he played sonic against me, on luigis mansion. i msure yo ucan guess how that played out. it was almost a jv 4 i had like 20% on me.

too pro

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anther's Pikachu has been taking down top tiers since Melee. It's no different now.
He used to almost never lose.
Now he never loses.

Small difference statistically.
Big difference financially.

I've personally awarded Anther like $800 in tournament winnings just at my own tournaments.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
there are tourneys but the kids here suck. I MM a kid for 20$ because he said MK was bad....then he played sonic against me, on luigis mansion. i msure yo ucan guess how that played out. it was almost a jv 4 i had like 20% on me.

too pro
Did he pay up? And does the tourney have any payouts?

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Did he pay up? And does the tourney have any payouts?
He did pay up. and the tournaments at OU are really stupid because sometimes the prize is winning "time" in their gaming lounge ive only seen 1 payout but the entry fee was 1$. If they ever do Real payouts its for "spirit cash" or for charity all together.

mostly to sum it up its not worth my time or anyone elses especially since i'm hosting tournaments here and will be giving real money.

XD. Whatcha mean no pokeball?! I has like 9.
xD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrawlBro

Smash Ace

too pro
thats way too awesome.:laugh:

and im usually down for chillzone tournies pending my work sched

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Now he never loses.

I've personally awarded Anther like $800 in tournament winnings just at my own tournaments.
So Marco, you gonna come back up to the midwest for the circuit event?

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Ok i was gonna try for a tournament this saturday but since, theres a tournament in chiago and one on november 1st and it was such short notice i'm gonna hold this off until november. The week after halloween there will be a tournament. So im gonna start advertising around ou to get alot of kids who think there good to come up here. i encourage everyone in this area to come up here and own everyone with me.

i know scotu holds umb's at digi oops but it would be nice to see you ann arbor guys here.

lain

Smash Master
You should reconsider that seeing as how my circuit event is on the 8th, and scotu's is on sunday.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Bro: November is ****ed up.

1st- Chicago
8th- Circuit event
15th- Nothing (I can't go, plans, also Digi ops might be moved to this day)
16th- My tournament
22- OSU game (nothing but I won't be going to a tournament)
23- Digiops
The following week is thanksgiving

Therefore... those are your open days. Sorry man ^^;;

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
I mean, outta respect of the fact that it IS a circuit event, I wouldn't host it then anyway.
WOW im an idiot Haha i dont know why but i totally forgot the circuit event was not out of state for me XD. I'm a scrub

Date changed

Bro: November is ****ed up.

1st- Chicago
8th- Circuit event
15th- Nothing (I can't go, plans, also Digi ops might be moved to this day)
16th- My tournament
22- OSU game (nothing but I won't be going to a tournament)
23- Digiops
The following week is thanksgiving

Therefore... those are your open days. Sorry man ^^;;
Im gonna try the 22nd then. since i know i wont have money to be in ann arbors

Also vayvay are your hosting lains? Let me know k?

Anther

Smash Champion
Now he never loses.

Hay!!! The prizes weren't even half that :laugh: <3.

Oh crap to the 8th....

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Ok vayseth told me he's not sure that he's going to be able to host his tournament on the 16th. If this is so im gonna host one here.

Top Bottom