• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Killing Percents on Meta Knight

Rion Prower

Smash Cadet
I suppose this seems a little bit on the mean side, since Meta Knight is getting a lot of beef lately...

But, I was curious and he is probably Zelda's worst match up so, why not have a bit of killing percent reference?

The killing percents are also listed based on this criteria:

Close to the ledge (Close-KO)
Middle of the stage (Middle-KO)
Farthest from the ledge (Far-KO)

DI'ed
Non-DI'ed

For the distances, I positioned MK slightly further away from the exact close-ledge/middle (Like, about 2-3 steps?) The far-ledge position is slightly closer towards the KO-zone as well.

A few notes!

• All of these % were done in Training Mode. So these are killing % if your move is completely non-decayed.
  • All done on Final Destination. So % will differ on different stages obviously.
  • All of these were done while Meta Knight was on the ground.
  • I DI'ed the best that I could with DI and Aerial Recovery UAir/Dair with Side-B (Drill Tornado). You could technically kill him earlier with some of the moves I listed for DI, but only if you ledge guard him as he's coming back. Though let's not make this too confusing. For all intents and purposes, these are the percents that he'll die for sure (hopefully).
  • For the Non-DI'ed ones, you might be able to kill at earlier %, but the % I list down are the ones where Meta Knight has no "tumbling animation" after being knocked back just to be on the safe side.

If anything seems off or strange to you, please question about it. Any suggestions are also quite welcome. Maybe I should do this for other opponents as well?

= = = = = = = = = =

FTILT (Diagonal)*

FTilt seems to have 2 knock back trajectories: 1 diagonally behind Zelda and one horizontally in front of Zelda. I'll list both of them for viewing pleasure.

Because of the vertical trajectory of Diagonal Ftilt, it's practically the same kill % for any position for non-DI.

Non-DI - 112%

DI'ed
Close-KO - 113%
Middle-KO - 130%
Far-KO - 138%

I'm actually surprised at these percentages. As a Vertical KO move, it's actually not too bad. Not great, but not bad.

FTILT (Horizontal)* (Non-DI'ed/DI'ed)

This one was kind of hard to get DI info, since I have to keep moving Zelda towards Meta Knight while doing the FTilt and getting time to do DI. So for now, it'll just be non-DI percents.

Close-KO - 86% / ???
Middle-KO - 127% / ???
Far-KO - 152% / ???

I have to say, I was quite surprised with the percentages for this one. It's almost as good as FSmash! But trying to get this trajectory all the time might be a bit difficult, since you have to be so darn close for Ftilt to do this trajectory. Once again, if only Zelda would take Ike's FTilt...

FSMASH

Close-KO - 81% / 106%
Middle-KO - 113% / 125%
Far-KO - 132% / 136%

81% - 136%

DSMASH

Close-KO - 97% / 117%
Middle-KO - 113% / 171% (!?)
Far-KO - 150% / 186% (!?!?)

97% - 186%?

I gotta say, DI seriously hinders DSmash if done right and if you're far enough from the ledge. Though DI'ing such a fast attack at the right time would probably be a bit unrealistic... though, you never know.

UTILT*

If you don't DI Utilt, it'll always kill at the same % since you aren't changing the trajectory.

Non-DIed - 93%

DI'ed
Close-KO - 100%
Middle-KO - 119%
Far-KO - 127%

93% - 127%

USMASH*

Well, since this is a purely vertical attack pretty much, there's a little difference with how I calculated this. There's one where all the hits of USmash hit, and one where only the last hit of USmash hits. Because God knows how many times I've only hit opponents with the end of Usmash and it didn't kill like it should.

All Hits Connect - 92% / 105%
Last Hit Only - 109% / 117%

92% - 117%

FAIR

Close-KO - 49% / 67%
Middle-KO - 72% / 84%
Far-KO - 85% / 94%

49% - 94%

BAIR*

Close-KO - 44% / 63% (<3)
Middle-KO - 67% / 79%
Far-KO - 79% / 88%

44% - 88%

It's a little strange because if the opponent is airborne while hit with BAir, the DI can be a bit more effective and Meta Knight can live a tiny bit longer (at least, when I was testing Close-KO). I didn't bother to check this too much more however.

UAIR*

Purely vertical, so no close/middle/far. These were also done from the ground by jumping off the ledge and UAir'ing Meta Knight from under the stage floor.

Non-DI'ed - 80%
DI'ed - 85%

80 - 85%

BTHROW

Close-KO - 114% / 161%
Middle-KO - 177% / 195%
Far-KO - 220% / 223%

114% - 223%

Oy. Throws are ultimately schooled by DI.

UTHROW

Non-DI - 164%
DI'ed - 191%

164% - 191%

= = = = = = = = = =

These should be fairly accurate, maybe give or take 2-3%? If something seems really off, please speak up! Hopefully this'll be a bit useful for you all. :)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
nice info to know... though if you were really ambitious you could throw Ftilt, Bthrow, last hit only of fsmash even nair and din's

kudos to you though.

Rion Prower

Smash Cadet
I was thinking of putting those in, but those aren't normally considered her "main" kill moves.

FTilt takes a lot of % to kill, plus has a bunch of ridiculous knock back trajectories (which I SORELY wished was just like Ike's Ftilt, which she can sort of replicate but only when she's super, super close to the target though it's not nearly as good) It's a little bit wonky for my taste.

Back Throw might be a good idea. I should probably do some throws.

Nair is not usually a good kill move unless you're edge guarding I suppose. Even then, it's a little risky. Maybe though, I might try it.

Din's Fire... well, most Meta Knights will know how to dodge it anyway. Plus the distance power up it has might be a bit confusing to test. Perhaps if I just used the fully powered Din's to calculate with? Though hitting with something like that is not very likely.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I was thinking of putting those in, but those aren't normally considered her "main" kill moves.

FTilt takes a lot of % to kill, plus has a bunch of ridiculous knock back trajectories (which I SORELY wished was just like Ike's Ftilt, which she can sort of replicate but only when she's super, super close to the target though it's not nearly as good) It's a little bit wonky for my taste.

Back Throw might be a good idea. I should probably do some throws.

Nair is not usually a good kill move unless you're edge guarding I suppose. Even then, it's a little risky. Maybe though, I might try it.

Din's Fire... well, most Meta Knights will know how to dodge it anyway. Plus the distance power up it has might be a bit confusing to test. Perhaps if I just used the fully powered Din's to calculate with? Though hitting with something like that is not very likely.
Din's hits meta more than most people only because he CANNOT dodge it if he's gliding... that's the only reason I mention it.

you're probably right about nair though. but I'd definitely do some throws and ftilt :)

Adapt

Smash Lord
I have all of Zelda's kill percentages (non-DI) from the center of FD. This includes all hitboxes as well

here's her throws:
B-throw: 177%
U-throw: 185%
F-throw: 222%
D-throw: 978% (lol)

I'm just looking for some time so I can get all the knockback data and then I'll be able to make a thread like I have in the ZSS forums (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178317)

(edit... those are on Mario.... not metaknight)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Good s***, stuff like this is always good to know. See if you can get the percentages on G&W as well.

Rion Prower

Smash Cadet
Updated with FTilts and Throws! And yeah, Game&Watch is a pretty nasty match up for Zelda too. I'll have to calculate him as well sometime.

EDIT: Ahh, it seems Game&Watch is the 2nd lightest in the game. You can take these percents from Meta Knight and apply them to G&W except slightly lower % to knock back kill! Though I will try to make a list for G&W sometime.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Wow! Great info!

Can someone test Ftilt's angles against meta's tornado? I remember hitting meta out of it with an upwards-angled Ftilt and it would be nice to know if I can do this consistently!

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
I manage to KO MK's with either my u-smash (my most-accurate attack along with the s-smash) or f-air/b-air (although I "unexpectedly" use that move).

Bandit

Smash Lord
I think the most consistent kill move has to be Dsmash due to its quickness and easiness to land.

Kataefi said:
Wow! Great info!

Can someone test Ftilt's angles against meta's tornado? I remember hitting meta out of it with an upwards-angled Ftilt and it would be nice to know if I can do this consistently!
Remember that the priority of the tornado changes on how fast they are hitting the b-button. It is very hard to test this move.

Top Bottom