• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Nope. Sonic. Top tier. Believe it!

Sonic doesn't have advantageous matchups. Sonic players are just too good. They've been allowed into the Steak.

And I BELIEVE I played Steeler if he's the same Steeler on AiB. Granted it was ONLINE but his PT is pretty **** solid. Especially his Ivysaur. I think he's the only PT I've played to take a set from me.

Although this was before ASC and spin cancels. ;)

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
TBH Sonic shouldn't be B rank, it's alot of minor tourneys putting him up there, who I dare say, consist of scrubs...

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I think Steeler's best is Squirtle...>_>
Aye. his charizard is good too, really freaking annoying. Steeler's grab game is a *****.

While I'm busy talking about Steeler, he killed his parents in their sleep and never takes showers! It's true! He smells like a fish hatchery!

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
It's funny how MK's wins are more than the whole rank below him
Just pointing that out...

Browny

Smash Hater
TBH Sonic shouldn't be B rank, it's alot of minor tourneys putting him up there, who I dare say, consist of scrubs...
FFS how many times do I have to explain.

small tourneys with low tournouts and low entry fees result in hardly any points whatsoever. the only thing they skew is the amount of wins. even if you take out my results, which i know you're referring to, he is still easily within B rank.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
wtf is this steeler fan club itt or something

yeah terios i remember playing you. i'm the steeler on aib. ivysaur is my worst, and ivysaur is also a bad character, but he still has some advantageous matchups. sonic could very well be one of them.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
no, i'm just smart enough to know you are gay enough to run around and waste the ******** fatigue timer!

i beat a sonic on saturday, didn't i? ;D

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
wtf is this steeler fan club itt or something

yeah terios i remember playing you. i'm the steeler on aib. ivysaur is my worst, and ivysaur is also a bad character, but he still has some advantageous matchups. sonic could very well be one of them.
I'm pretty sure I just thought your Ivy was good for an Ivy. He didn't really give me problems. Squirtles the one that gave me problems. I just thought you handled Ivy's weaknesses well. And you used him most IIRC so maybe I just had more time to judge him.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
I'm pretty sure I just thought your Ivy was good for an Ivy. He didn't really give me problems. Squirtles the one that gave me problems. I just thought you handled Ivy's weaknesses well. And you used him most IIRC so maybe I just had more time to judge him.
it all makes sense then. squirtle is usually the one that causes problems. :p

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
good, i didnt want to have to shank some body i just got to know...

and kirk...

your moves...

show them to me.

you show me your moves, and ill show you mine

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
totally offtopic, but....
Has anyone noticed that falcon is not so manly when he asks marth to you him her moves???
ontopic.. does the SBR uses this thread to compare and later change the tier list??

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
totally offtopic, but....
Has anyone noticed that falcon is not so manly when he asks marth to you him her moves???
He's only asking that because he wants to laugh in her face.

ontopic.. does the SBR uses this thread to compare and later change the tier list??
Lolno. Sonic is low tier no matter what tournament results post-May have shown.

But seriously, I think the first one is less heavily based on tournament results than the ones after it. I don't know why, I'm just presuming. No way could the first tier list have been made taking this list into account seriously.

XienZo

Smash Lord
Yayz, it finally got stickied!

I think the SBR should take into consideration any major long-term surprises, like if Sonic was to rise nearly to top and then stay there for a few months. A character going up half a tier or a 1 month top-tier Falcon isn't going to change much.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Yayz, it finally got stickied!

I think the SBR should take into consideration any major long-term surprises, like if Sonic was to rise nearly to top and then stay there for a few months. A character going up half a tier or a 1 month top-tier Falcon isn't going to change much.
I'm glad it's been sticked too :)

And the thing is, it's not just been a sudden rise. Other than the first two months where no one played him properly, Sonic has had consistant tournament results, usually ranking near enough the top half of the character list. This obviously merits the 5th bottom place he's got on the tier list.
Hey, if he ever hits high over-used, someday, god-willing, we might make high low tier!

Candide

Smash Apprentice
IC's! Movin' on up on the metaphorical slippery slope, oh yeah...
Small peaches for Princess. Somehow she's taken her horrible modifications and used them to narrow her tier position to ~1/3, approaching her ~1/5 in Melee.
Captain Olimar, what kind of WMD have you been hiding under that spacesuit?

Sharky

Smash Master
This weekend, the 8th. That quote was directed at the_yoshinator however. :o

But either way, the 8th, for sure. :D
booooo

I restate: boooooo

Unless someone feels like picking me up and bringing me back to syracuse, I won't be able to make it. Let alone pay for the tourney.

and besides, MK only? that's no fun lol

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I'm glad it's been sticked too :)

And the thing is, it's not just been a sudden rise. Other than the first two months where no one played him properly, Sonic has had consistant tournament results, usually ranking near enough the top half of the character list. This obviously merits the 5th bottom place he's got on the tier list.
Hey, if he ever hits high over-used, someday, god-willing, we might make high low tier!
err... scrubby tourneys were included tho.

Browny

Smash Hater
err... scrubby tourneys were included tho.
Greenstrret said:
FFS how many times do I have to explain.

small tourneys with low tournouts and low entry fees result in hardly any points whatsoever. the only thing they skew is the amount of wins. even if you take out my results, which i know you're referring to, he is still easily within B rank.
ARGH
:mad:

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
I got 2 tourneys i want to put up.

Palmdale Biweekly4
Number of entrants:61
Entry fee:6
Socal
1. DSF (Metaknight)
2. Meep (Snake)
3. Michael (Ice Climbers)