• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ocala (and Gainesville) Black Friday Smashfest

Ryuukossei

Smash Cadet
So I want to have a smashfest in Ocala on the Friday right after Thanksgiving. Let's make it at 3:00PM. My address is below. I'm not sure if I'm leaving that night for Melbourne or not so don't count on spending the night or anything. Bring a setup if you can because I have only two Wiis. PM me or IM me (AycofSpades) if you have any questions.

[ADDRESS]
10289 SW 84th AVE RD
Ocala, FL 34481

[CELL NUMBER]
(352) 817 - 2245

[CONFIRMED]
1) Ryuu - (Full Setup)
2) Chum - (Full Setup)
3) Anonymous
4) Rust - (Full Setup)
5) Galuuda
6) GodMeowMix
7-9) Dyno2374 + guests - (Brawl and Melee)
10) Bubby
11) Daveeeeeee
12) Spence
13) Mike
14) Tim

I will update this post as necessary. Please let me know if it is wrong (i.e. you are not on it if you are coming, or you are on it and you are not coming). Also, please post if you are sure you bringing a system and/or TV.

Ryuukossei

Smash Cadet
Also, if you plan on coming just say so, that way I have a rough idea of a head count. That might go without saying but meh.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
dude im totally gonna try to come to this, i need some player and match up experience. i hope we have enough for some 2v2

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
dude i dont care ill play melee and some brawl i just need to get used to melee some more i havent played it in a while so my ****ty skills are a little rusty. :p

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
Dude I remember in melee it was so hard to get people to play together, looks like theres some people who wanna get serious in Brawl, where you guys at over here?!

You know what it looks like theres quite a couple of people in ocala that play brawl seriously. i mean if we get together and have some bi weeklies in brawl we could play some serious ****.

P.S. If I come, I can bring a T.V. (small) and a Wii but Galuuda you think you can gimme a ride to this and I'll put it in your car?

P.S.S. If any Gville people play Brawl (HarrietTheGuy? Lio and friends?) and read this thread you guys should come over here too since its only a 30-45 minute drive. Especially if this is definite.

Edit: My bad for the double post, I hope I don't get an infraction for this. I'm just trying to help Ocala out a little bit.

Ryuukossei

Smash Cadet
There will be Brawl and Melee. Gville ppl should come cuz my house is literally on the side of Ocala closest to Gainesville. Also, I went to the PNT tourney but couldn't stay for the actual tourney. Instead, I played everyone before hand and only lost once, I was the blue Kirby if anyone played friendlies with me before the tourney started. I also have a good three to five people I used to play with in Ocala that I am calling to come over if they are in town for the holiday. Bring food and drink or money to pitch in cuz my mom can't feed us all.

Rust

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rustic
Count me in. Strangely enough, winning that tournament (PnT Nov 1st) has only made me strive to be better.

I'd say it worked =D

-will take the day off work tomorrow-

Also, if you need another Wii, I can bring one.

Standard SBR rules? Or are you switching the neutral/counterpicks a bit?

Ryuukossei

Smash Cadet
This is anything you want it to be, I have a copy of Brawl and Melee that I am setting up myself, I suggest to those of you who can bring setups to bring which ever game you want. Bring a 64 for Christ's sake if you want to kick it old school. This is a smashfest not a Brawlfest, we will have it all. Also, bring friends if they play. This is potentially epicness for the Ocala smash community.

Rust

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rustic
We actually have a smash community!? D=

Still... The thoughts of bi-weekly meets is slightly envigorating...

Ryuukossei

Smash Cadet
We actually have a smash community!? D=

Still... The thoughts of bi-weekly meets is slightly envigorating...
Haha no not really but its an effort. I cant make bi-weekly stuff cuz i cant afford the gas (i live in melbourne now for school) but itll be fun going home now that i know i can just play smash with people there

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
Gigs is the day after this btw, is anyone else going?

Btw you should put Gainesville in your thread title too to get their attention cause I know theres at least some people up there who play Brawl and Melee.

Rust

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rustic
Oh, then I suppose I live in that space between Dunnellon, Crystal River, Inverness and Lecanto :embarrass

Top Bottom