• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Brawl Tournament Dec 6th

Gamingwolrd

Smash Journeyman
Come to Gaming World's Brawl Tournament, we will have singles and doubles. And all this will happen on Saturday December 6th, registration will start at 11:00 am and tourney to try and start by 12:30 pm. Come early to be able to free play.

We could use 3 additional Wiis, it would be appreciated for anyone that could bring it.

All In One Collectibles(Gaming World is inside)
490 East Main St. (Rt. 53)
Unit 4
Denville, NJ. 07834
(973)664-0912
visit www.1gamingworld.com
Email- 1gamingworld@live.com

House Fee: $5
Spectator Fee: $5
1v1: $5
2vs2: $5 ($10 in total)

Prize:
Singles
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

Doubles-
1st- 70%
2nd-30%

This is a bring your own controller event, any standard controller is acceptable.

General Rules
* Items are set to OFF
* The stock is set to 3
* The stock time limit is set to 7:00.
* All sets are best of 3 matches except the championship set which is best of 5
* Ties will be broken by lives, then by percentage. If competitors are at the same percentage at time out, then the tie will be broken by a 1 stock on the same stage. In the event of another time out win goes to lower percentage.
If bowser suicide side-bs an opponent and the game registers a tie, the win goes to bowser automatically.
* Excessive stalling is banned.
* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON
* Wireless controllers are discouraged however all methods of play (e.g. classic controller) are allowed.
* Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.
* Random Knock-Out: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the random stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.
* Stage Banning: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the stages available for counterpicking.
* You are responsible to bring your own controller. Wireless controllers are highly discourage, if you can get a wired one bring it.
* Controller mods of ANY kind, except for cosmetic changes, are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.
* Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. Third party controllers or pads that have these features are discouraged. if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.
* Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
* Tactics such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Fox's Shine are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match is banned.

Set Format (in order of procedure)
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match. You may request a double blind pick.
2. Each player may announce their Random and Counterpick stage elimination.
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List, or opponents may agree upon a stage.
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character

Neutral Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpick Stages
Pokémon Stadium 2
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Norfair

Everything else is banned

Gamingwolrd

Smash Journeyman
post thanksgiving tourney, get your gobble-gobble right here, lol

PS- To try and create more TVs to play on and more room. Anyone that can bring 2 TVs and 2 Wiis , it would be appreciated and we'll set them up away from the normal area.

bigmac267

Smash Cadet
Sounds good. I may actually be able to make it this Saturday if I'm not seeing my mom's side of the family that day. Also, is there anything special happening on Friday or is that just the normal noncompetitive tourney?

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
hows ur attendance been man, ill show up to this and help get pple but yea man hope ur doing alright

Gamingwolrd

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good. I may actually be able to make it this Saturday if I'm not seeing my mom's side of the family that day. Also, is there anything special happening on Friday or is that just the normal noncompetitive tourney?
Hey about time, lol. Fridays tourney will be the same but we got a nice turnout last week so we'll see how this week looks.

hows ur attendance been man, ill show up to this and help get pple but yea man hope ur doing alright
not up to par the last couple of ones that I tried doing. But I've been focusing more time on the Brawl Challenge and a Charity Event that I'm helping plan in January. I'm hoping to get more Brawl Challenge info out but I'm having a problem finding a good venue in NYC. But I'm in talks with two places to see if we could get something done.

SephirothKing01

Smash Rookie
I'd like to attend this as my first tourney. I live in NJ (Fairview, NJ), never been to Denville before. Does anyone know any buses that will go around that area? I really wanna go >.<

If anyone has any info, AIM is datsephirothdude

Gamingwolrd

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to attend this as my first tourney. I live in NJ (Fairview, NJ), never been to Denville before. Does anyone know any buses that will go around that area? I really wanna go >.<

If anyone has any info, AIM is datsephirothdude

Only thing I'm sure about is that the Train stops at MT Tabor which is a block away. And the train stops in Denville which is about 1/2 mile away.

To get an idea how many may show, please register here

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3644

SpacialRend777

Smash Rookie
I think I can attend. I just have to check if my parents allow me. If they say yes, then this will be my first tournament. So excited!

SpacialRend777

Smash Rookie
It turns out I can't go. But on the bright side, I can't go because I'm seeing a broadway show! Have fun without me!

SephirothKing01

Smash Rookie
http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=TrainTo

Here's the link to the NJ Transit Train schedule, I'm not to familiar with were you live so hopefully you can find the nearest train station with the schedule and make it. Peace. Let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks a lot. I'll be leaving from Secaucus and it'll take me to Denville. $20 round trip, not too bad. This will be my first tournament..so yea..kinda excited. I'm going. 100% sure.

SephirothKing01

Smash Rookie
Oh, btw..does anyone here have a partner for doubles? I'd like to enter Singles and Doubles, but dont have a partner for doubles. If anyone would like to team up or something..let me know.

Gamingwolrd

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a lot. I'll be leaving from Secaucus and it'll take me to Denville. $20 round trip, not too bad. This will be my first tournament..so yea..kinda excited. I'm going. 100% sure.
glad to help. If you can get off at Mt Tabor it leaves you a block away and it stops there on occasion if they leave you in Denville, just call the store and I'll see if I can get someone to pick you up.

SephirothKing01

Smash Rookie
glad to help. If you can get off at Mt Tabor it leaves you a block away and it stops there on occasion if they leave you in Denville, just call the store and I'll see if I can get someone to pick you up.
Yup, I can get off at Mt Tabor. The only downside is that I'll arrive extremely early (Around 8:45-9am) due to the trains being seperated by big time margins.

BUM163

Smash Lord
hmmm if i go to this, i need to know how to get there, cuz the last time i ask to late and forgot i went there by car. i would have to take the nj transit from 34 penn station. i would also need a teammate

Gamingwolrd

Smash Journeyman
hmmm if i go to this, i need to know how to get there, cuz the last time i ask to late and forgot i went there by car. i would have to take the nj transit from 34 penn station. i would also need a teammate
penn station to denville exit. If you can get off at Mt Tabor it leaves you closer but it doesn't always stop there.

SephirothKing01

Smash Rookie
Im in need of a partner, if you dont find anyone, wanna team up?

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
Ksizzle and I just missed the train that was supposed to get there at 11:30 so the next train should get us to gamingworld around 12:30. We'll definatly be there soo make sure you dont start early :) I'll call as soon as we get to denville. Thanks in advance

Top Bottom