• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic The Hedgehog: Community Matchup thread

What is Sonic's worst match up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Yea, so overall green needs to fix some colors <_<(lawL, "green" fix "colors" hardyharmcharhar)

And lol, you posted about mario JUST as I double edited my post about mario being difficult.

And where are Boxob, KID, and MC? They are my fellow believers of Sonic-Marth Neutrality XD.

EDIT:

And yea, I think anyone D3s size and higher should be neutral at worst. Whatever anyone says, and whatever they can do to you, they just eat Spin based combos too much ^_^

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I've had a room up for a while now..

And Marth. Yeah, on paper he's bad. Whilst playing him though, I've never actually had too much of a problem...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I wonder if we should take like a break to look back at this guide, and rework some of the things.

I KNOW Marth is not a lost cause, I find Wario more intimidating than him. Recently I haven't been having too much trouble with Mr. G&W, I just play hella defensively and all that @#$%. Same thing with LOLimar, just play it safe and he isn't as hard as it would seem (though I can already tell you on paper he would be a 70:30 advantage on us just because a "good" Olimar is suppose to lock-out Sonic on a lot of his options with his attacks and such.)

Also I thought we too agreed that Pizzachu was a 55-45 advantage Pikachu.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So, in the OP, the links from Peach-MK all link back to page 81.
Ness?

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Olimar at 30:70?!

Lmao.

It's 40:60 at worst.

And yeah, good games Gf2tw.
See? This is the type of thing that makes discussing matchups for Sonic so hard. I wouldn't mind calling olimar on paper 75:35 75:25 >_> Only thing Sonic has on him is weight+ gimpage IMO. And a good oli is oh so hard to gimp. Edgehogs are too good though.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Ganon dorfy dorf.

Who else thinks that getting hit with one of Ike's attacks feels like one of the most insulting things in the world? Every hit literally sounds like you were slapped in the face. Or hit with an oar, as per Ike's WCD.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Ganon dorfy dorf.

Who else thinks that getting hit with one of Ike's attacks feels like one of the most insulting things in the world? Every hit literally sounds like you were slapped in the face. Or hit with an oar, as per Ike's WCD.
Getting hit by the f-smash.

You just think,

"How the **** did I let that happen?" *facepalm*

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I just find the FSmash insulting, otherwise Ike has a lot of power behind all of his attacks, ergo his lack of true-combos.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I bet it was diminished or something.

No way you can survive that shizz unless something screwed up happened before.

infomon

Smash Scientist
It was Uair, not Utilt.

And I think the 180 might have meant, that's the damage he had after getting hit by the Uair, not the damage before.

I believe it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
somebody else came into i think the mk sbr decision thread and said that the cpu MK survived a snake up air at 160, its possible

step your di up nubs

Browny

Smash Hater
DONT GET DAIRED

lol heres a recent vid vs my bros ganon (possibly best ganon + sonic in aus :p)... he knows how to play against me, hence a lack of ASC-grab since he will just dair me every time :p
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ICEvJ66Upvs
starts at 3:06. this was a vid to highlighint his ganon so i uploaded his best match thats my johns for not owning him :) Greenie if youd like to have a few matches vs my bros ganon im sure he could help give you a good insight, im quite sure hes one of the best you'll find here in aus

ganon isnt too hard though but he will seriously ruin predictable approaches with a d-air every single time.

will edit later with moar stuff

Napilopez

Smash Lord
He's big. He's heavy. He's Gimp Tastic. He's grab Tastic.

He's TOO SLOW.

He's also incredbily strong, can tech chase you to death, and although he won't be landing many hits on you, just a few of those will get you in killing range.

Watch out for RAR Uairs offstage or as an edgeguard.

Gosh Thunderstorming.

His Dair is like one of the very few spikes that could actually kill you early(I think). This shouldn't be a problem though, because it has significant startup lag in which you can initiate a Uair, which, as always, outprioritizes his dair easily.

Be more concerned about its use at hop level *shivers*. Its like, one of the only moves with actual visible hitstun lolll.

55:45 Sonic worst. I go for 60:40 though.

Be smart about avoiding Flame choke tech chases. ASC is of use because it goes over the grab box.

Blah Blah.

EDIT:

BTW, from the looks of things, Ganon is TOO GOOD in Brawl+ XD. Definitely at least a tier up I'd say.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
F**k Dair.

Invincibility frames on the upB will get you pass it [almost] every time you think you see it coming. Ganon has to be really slick to Dair you.

Otherwise, I would like to believe that Ganon is pretty easy for Sonic. Onstage Dairs are much, much more dangerous in my opinion on this matchup because, like I said, you can upB pass him all the time.

Does the Sparta Kick outrange Sonic?

Napilopez

Smash Lord
F**k Dair.

Invincibility frames on the upB will get you pass it [almost] every time you think you see it coming. Ganon has to be really slick to Dair you.

Otherwise, I would like to believe that Ganon is pretty easy for Sonic. Onstage Dairs are much, much more dangerous in my opinion on this matchup because, like I said, you can upB pass him all the time.

Does the Sparta Kick outrange Sonic?
On the ground, it doesnt really matter much. Even if it outranges Sonic's ftilt, they will clang. Not to mention that Sonic's tilts come out quicker

Browny

Smash Hater
ftilt has deceptively bad range. its his dtilt you gotta be worried about, that thing can outspace marth.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I HIGHLY discussing this matchup, only if you actually played a good Ganondorf. Seriously, Good Ganondorfs are scary as hell, and will completely change on how you view his character.

I may only secondary Ganondorf, but If I hear "Zomg! Hes big and slow, 8:2 lololalllalawllolol!" I'm going to be like all
, then Send Kosk at you

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Mmac, i don't think there will be a single matchup called better than 60:40, so you needn't worry about that.

60:40-55:45 in Sonic's favor feels right personally. We gotta get the ganons in here though.

I played quite a long set of friendlies with Kosk. As at the time I had never faced nearly as good a Ganon, he was pwning me at the beginning. Like seriously, I was totally afraid. But by the end of the set we were going even at worst.

I feel like often people assume the matches are only played on neutral stages when discussing matchups, even though we go through stage choices and such. You have to take into account that Sonic very likely has better CPs against Ganon than the other way around.

Browny

Smash Hater
Ganon ***** on Delfino, tons of areas he can get low % KO's on, gimping is only possible about half the time and it isnt really friendly to sonic in the first place. i got no idea what sonic would cp besides FD lol, my brother pretty much only takes me to delfino

Napilopez

Smash Lord
O.o I think delfino is such an awesome stage for Sonic. I actually played on delfino alot against Kosk, didn't find anything particularly dangerous about it. Ganon is not exactly difficult to land grabs on, and there are too many walk off sections that are bthrow and dthrow KO bait. Gimping is also quite possible everytime the stage is in flying platform mode(whats the official name for this?). Only really thing I see Ganon has on delfino are dair spikes if you get in the water, and maybe low percentage KOs in the areas with low celings. I play ganon's all the time here and have yet to have a problem.

In general, I find delfino to be a favorable stage for Sonic. Uair juggling anytime theres platforms is really good too.

I would CP lylat on ganon. I don't get why some Sonics dislike it. It makes gimping too easy, especially against ganon dorf. Lol @ stage tilting when ganon uses sideB recovery. Also, platforms make Hyphen smash/DAC and Uairs toooo effective. And also allow for all these neat ASC tricksies.

Halberd is a good CP choice imo for gimpage. Iv've gotten a large number of ganons to hit the giant laser beam ^_^. Castle seige, more bthrow goodyness and gimptastic ness.

I can't really think of a stage that favors Ganon over Sonic, except maybe pirate ship and picto chat =/

Top Bottom