• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Them Vs. Us, Alpha. Sunday, December 21st 2008 West Chester, Ohio

jbeeneq

Smash Rookie
When: Sunday, December 21st 2008

Where:Illuminaudi, 7865 Cincinnati Dayton Rd. West Chester, OH 45069

What's being played:

Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection (PS3) 1:00
Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Wii) 12:00
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike (PS2) 2:00
Marvel Versus Capcom 2 (Dreamcast) 12:00
Guilty Gear Accent Core (PS2) 2:00
Super Street Fighter 2 HD remix (PS3) 4:00
Soul Calibur IV (PS3) 4:00

Post Meridian

If there's enough interest/time, we will run CVS2 or JoJo's.

ALL GAMES WILL BE STARTING ON TIME! If you wish to participate in a game and think you may be late, PM me for my phone number and you shall be given it. If you call ahead I might be will to make exceptions.
Entry:

$10 venue fee and $10 per game entry.

General Rules:

All tournaments will be double-elimination; 2/3 matches; 3/5 winner's/loser's finals; 4/7 GF.

This is a BYOC (Bring your own controller) event. You and only you are responsible for your property and that goes for everyone. If you do not own a controller do not expect one to be provided for you by the organizers.

The following game rules apply:

If the start button is hit or a malfunction with your equipment occurs, causing the game to pause or reset during a match within the first 5 secs, the match WILL be restarted. However if after that point then your opponent will have the opportunity to take the 1st win or reset the match, advantage or not.

Button mapping is allowed. Having 2 or 3 buttons combined into ONE is banned
(e.g. No 3x punch/kick mapped to L1, etc.). GG/Tekken are exempt from this rule.

3S -- Winner keeps the same character, but can change super art. Loser can change everything. JUDGEMENT CANNOT DECIDE A MATCH!!

MvC2 -- No game-breaking glitches (you know what they are); Juggs' glitch allowed. Winner keeps the SAME team/SAME order. Loser can change everything.

T5:DR -- Players must agree on a stage. If not, random stage select will be in effect. Winner keeps same character, loser may change.

SF2 HD (PS3) -- None known as of yet.

SCIV -- - Format PS3
- Double Elimination
- 3/5 rounds all matches
- 2/3 matches winners and losers
- 3/5 matches winners, losers, and grand - finals
- no pausing or soft reset. or u forfeit match. check button config BEFORE u select characters. THIS IS YOUR WARNING! micro mapping allowed.
- Vadar and bonus characters banned
- Voldo side related glitch is banned.
- Algol is banned.

Smash Brothers Brawl --Wii

SINGLES + DOUBLES -- standard SSBB tournament rules

Brawl Maps:

RANDOM STAGES
FD
Battlefield
Yoshi’s story
Smashville
Lylat cruise

COUNTERPICKS:
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Pictochat
Castle Siege
Corneria*
Rainbow Ride
Green Greens
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1
Distant Planet
Onett

BANNED:
Everything else.

Last year this tournament was call "Winter Bashing" in Kentucky, had a great turn out and I had a hell of a time and was told by most of the participants that they too had a good time. I expect all participants to be at the top of their game but mainly want everyone to have a good time, meet some new people and maybe make some money :wgrin:. Anyway... HYPE!!!

jbeeneq

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I leave it up to the smash players as to what they want to do. I personally don't play the game but am more than happy to include it for those that wish to play it.

If you wish to speak to people in your circle, I can modify things to make them work.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Maybe... if I'm teaming with Q.

I hate 3S on the PS2.... love the Xbox so much more simply cuz I don't have a stick. :(

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
WOW....I think I wanna enter the Tekken Tournament...Tekken is My Poop...But I thought Tekken 5 dark resurrection was only for the PSP...that's troublesome cause I don't have a PS3 Controller...Guess It's Brawl for me for now....Y.b.M.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Tyr teamsies

Bob would want to come to this probably but I mean I figure Lucas/Marth or Lucas/Falco wouldn't be too bad. Unless you wanted me to play one of my crappier characters like Peach, Ike or MK.

jbeeneq

Smash Rookie
Dear Smash Players attending Them vs Us, Alpha

I need Wiis with Smash Memory and if you guys want to run melee, GCs with the corresponding memory and the game.

Being that I do not check this often, please email me any info you think helpful to joshqueen@gmail.com or if you have AIM, message me at jbeeneq. I apologize in advance but I'm more of a 2d gamer and only run Smash because so many people that arent me love it so much. Once again, please update me with what you may be able to bring. Some of those who bring systems will have their venue fee waived.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Did not go to this. Seemingly low turnout + $10 venue fee = me saying "GO FOR IT Q!" and coming home to upload videos and play starcraft

KeybladeMarth

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure what place I got, but the two I lost to were Quivo and Tyr.
I went by SMRAI, the black marth, btw
first tourney:)

Top Bottom