• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cruxis' Brawl-Based Quest [-Worldly Revelation-]

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Link to original post: [drupal=797]Cruxis' Brawl-Based Quest [-Worldly Revelation-][/drupal]

Opening Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4YULOYjYuc

An epic filled with suspense and darkness...

A compressed universe gone corrupt...

An experiment destined to obliterate all...

Where is the answer that we seek? It may be closer than one would think. But if it is found, will that knowledge aid us, or destroy us? Some things are better off concealed...

Chapter I: To Unveil Those Forbidden and Lost

-------------Prologue: Dark Endeavors [-Black Conference Room-]

A dark citadel hidden in the foggy lands. An individual of pure heart wouldn't stumble upon such a devilish place, let alone even glance at it. One would say this citadel is a cliche'; the generic "evil-doer" headquarters. But what is to come can both change AND destroy one's mind. Villians always did have poor taste in home interior. At least there were no torture chambers or graveyards.

A conference room in an evil dwelling. Organization is key, even in world domination, universe rather. More seats than villians. Quality over quantity is what I say. What are they plotting? Should we wait further into the story to reveal it? Create foreshadowing for the protagonists? THAT, my friend, would be the cliche'...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sinister Voice: Is Soot X Machina progressing smoothly?

Scientific Voice #1: Well, it is progressing, but I am not so sure it means well.

Sinister Voice: What do you mean?

Scientific Voice #2: He means that "he" is unsure if the black substance is working on the machines properly.

Scientific Voice#1: So are YOU, you bumbling fool!

Wacky Villianous Voice: Maaaybe if you let my little SIS do the work, we would have figured it OUT by now!

Scientific Voice #2: Please! I am a pure genius! I wouldn't let a little girl meddle in my work! There are no dolls here!

Whimsical Voice: Oh come now, you three. Putting your minds together SHOULD be enough to do something so simple.

Wacky Villianous: Watch it, freak show! This makes our brains hurt!

Scientific Voice #1: Speak for yourself, dreck. Listen, your dark, alien blood is having abnormal transformations on our machines. We can't tell if it is having a positive effect. It is nothing that I have seen before in my life.

Sinister Voice: I ask you to trust my flesh. As long as the "abnormalities" come forth, then all should be well.

Whimsical Voice: Yeeesss. What a glorious sight that would be! Tee-hee-heee!

Unidentified Aircraft Approaching...
Whimsical Voice: Oh, how joyous! We have company.

Scientific Voice #2: *checks the monitor* It appears to be some yellow ship.

Wacky Villianous: H-hey!!! It's-it's THEM!

Sinister Voice: You know whose ship this is?

Wacky Villianous: Do I!? I know that yellow piece of scrap metal from ANYwhere!!

Sinister Voice: So I trust you know how to deal with them?

Wacky Villianous: Uhhh...well..err...S-sure!! "Easy" match...! With your almighty power, you can--

Sinister Voice: --Then deal with them, Tiesel...

Tiesel: ...

INTERMISSION

-------------Act I: Not Another Crash Landing [-Skies of the Terrestrial Ruins-]

A glorious, clear blue sky in the lands of mountainous terrain. It seemed to be the home of an ancient people. Hieroglyphics, skull rods, and ruins. Seems a great place to find treasure. This setting is only a little ways off to the "dark side", but let us a keep a more happy atmosphere...for now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Girl voice: Woooow. Look at this place. There is bound to be some rare refractor gems here. Oooh! And look at those skulls! Kinda creepy. Oh my goodness! Ancient writings all over the walls! Isn't that great, Rock?

Rock: Uhhh-uhh. S-suuure. But, uh...I'm trying to focus on steering this thing, but....

Squeaky voice: No, no, Megaman! Let me show you how to do it!

Rock: D-D-Dataaaa! Get out of the waayy! Oooh COME ON! ROLL!

Roll: *giggles* What's going on over there, you two?

Rock: Why don't you ask Data? Gee, this is scary...

Roll: Ok, Rock. I will take it from here. ;)

Data: Awwww...

Rock: Whew. Thanks. Well, I'm up for some digging today. How about you?

Roll: As always! Tee hee!

Suddenly, the blue sky slowly begins to dim...

Roll: Eeek. It became night really fast. Rock, can you turn on the air lights for me?

Rock: Sure. *clicks the air light switch*

As the light shines ahead, a green fish-shaped ship can be seen approaching from the dark clouds.

Tiesel: Well, well, WELL! If it isn't the BLUUUUUEEE guy and his blondie GIRLfriend?!?!

Rock And Roll: The BONNES!?

Tiesel: Thaaaaat's RIGHT! The pirates are back in action! And there is nothing you and your little buster can DO about it!

Tron: It's been awhile, Roll. I hope your not being too much of a burden for Rock as always!

Roll: Tron! It seems you haven't changed a BIT! What do you want now?

Tiesel: Hah! All we want is for you to go DOWN! We know of the treasure in this area, and it is good as ours! We aren't gonna get beat by YOUUUU again! We're with the BIG boys NAO!!!

Bon: Baaaaah-BOOOH!!!

Rock: We won't let you! Roll! The roof hatch!

Roll: Right!

The roof hatch begins to open, and Rock climbs the ladder leading to the top of the Flutter.

Tiesel: Bwahahaa! Just give up! We won't lose this time, soooo....

Mission #1

Bonne Fire Reunion

Playable Brawler(s): Rock & Roll
Enemies: Reaverbots
Stage: Top of Flutter
Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEbM9EuVR18

The Bonne Family has gained control of the maverick "Reaverbots". In this mission, Rock & Roll must defeat all Reaverbots that land on top of the Flutter. The Reaverbots not only attack you, but they also attempt to bring the Flutter down. The Flutter's damage meter will appear in the top left corner of the screen. As the Flutter loses health, it will sink lower and lower toward the abyssal Blast Zone. Once the meter empties, it will crash into the Blast Zone, resulting in a Game Over. There are six types of Reaverbots, but only two of them are one-of-a-kinds. From left to right:

Zakobon - the weakest of all Reaverbots. These simply slide across the ground, ramming into enemies and causing them to trip. [4%]

The Colossus - the largest Reaverbot. This one can simple walk up to the Flutter. It only delivers a beam cannon that can give devastating, electrical damage. (makes more than one appearance in this SSE)[26%]

Guruguru - these Reaverbots like to charge at bursting speed to knock their opponents away. They have an armored plate, and cannot be damage unless grabbed and thrown on their backs. You can simply ride on their backs to avoid its attacks. [6%]

Hanmuru Doll - these large heavy hitters use their club-like arms to bash enemies into the ground and shoot them out like rockets. They have very high stamina, but are extremely slow and predictable. [12%] [14%]

Sharukurusu - these Reaverbots use their arms and legs to perform various combo strikes with great flexibility. They are incredibly fast and strong, though very clumsy while running. At times, they will trip while they are running for an attack. [4%]

Jaiwan - this one of a kind Reaverbot is big in size, almost half the size of the Flutter itself. It will attempt to slap away enemies with its flailing arms, and also smash the ground with both of them causing a shockwave, damaging the Flutter along with the player. [9%] [15%]

INTERMISSION

-------------Act II: An Early Infiltration [-Soot La Chateau-]

The Black Conference Room mentioned in the prologue was just one of the many dark interiors in "Soot La Chateau". A silent, cold, and ghastly citadel that can only shelter denizens of the dark. Normally, infiltration of the bad guys' secret dwellings would take place pass the climax, but there are a few heroes that have a way of "making that first step", even better than the villians themselves...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A back door opens with a quiet, creaky noise. Two human-shaped shadows can be seen blockading the full moon's shine into what looks like a library. The figures walk in, observing their surroundings, as cautious as they can possibly be.

Carefree Male: Hmph. Typical, huh?

Intelligent Female: Well, the interior isn't anything we haven't encountered, but rest assured, there will be conflicts ahead of us.

Carefree Male: Heh. Shouldn't be a problem for us. Let's go.

The two continue to examine the dusty library. The young lady takes out various books, skimming through them like over-detailed movesets. The young man kicks fallen chairs out of his way, and the lady turns around quickly with a fingered "hush-hush". Suddenly, a book shelf begins to tremble at a low magnitude. The both of them halt their current actions to stare it down.

It stops.

...Then begins again, but at a Magnitude 6.0. SOMETHING IS BEHIND THERE.

The man takes out a broadsword and snaps into a battle stance...

The lady takes out a magical book, pre-reading any spells to prepare for combat...

Johnathan: I'm gonna make it plain and simple for you: You're going down...

Mission #2

Mummy Melee Mayhem

Playable Brawler(s): Johnathan & Charlotte
Enemies: Mummies
Stage: Sooty Library
Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3mW3TlyxMQ

In this mission, Mummies will repeatedly burst through book shelves and walls. They cannot be flinched, and are extremely powerful with high stamina. The idea is to keep up with the waves. If too many are on the stage at one time, the player can become overwhelmed and wiped off the stage. The Mummies are weak against Charlotte's magic, so switching to her is your best offense against them. The Mummies are very slow and predictable, but can kill at a moderate damage percentage. They will attempt to grab and bear hug, increasing your damage percentage at an rapid rate. Fortunately, you can wiggle your way out of it by pressing buttons consecutively. They also perform wild arm swings that give great horizontal knockback. [8%] [15%]

In the library, there are only a left and right Blast Zone, so staying alive can be a little bit easier. However, it is very small, and with the number of Mummies coming out, it can get crowded and difficult to battle. It is wise to stay in the middle and destroy the thicker groups of Mummies with Charlotte's book spells. Johnathan is better for defense in this case.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Thanks. I realized this, but it is only for now. I actually want to do a seasonal thing, where I can use the characters from MYM4 for this season, do a season finale, then continue from there in MYM5 and its characters. Which is EXACTLY I didn't include 50 characters in here. I have been procrastinating for a bit, so I plan on doing two updates per week. I have a good idea of where I am going with it, and it won't be rushed at all.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I'm reading this, too, and I'm really liking it so far. The first chapter is seriously one of the most intriguing things I've ever read in a BBQ, I've been trying to figure out who each of the characters are, and really having fun with it. Great characterizations and unique presentation, just like in your movesets! I look forward to the rest!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Yay, a move set that I'm familiar with. So overall it was nice considering how small your updates are.

Just one irk though: I think you should only list the Chapter title at the beginning of the chapter, not before each new act. It made me think that the Tron Bone thing was still part of the prologue when I saw "Chapter !" above this new level.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Yay for comments.

It is wise to make daily posts because people WILL forget. Short they may be, but atleast people can tolerate. They can read and go. Every day. I do it cuz I'm epic like that, too. lol jkjk

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
*Goes to remove Dexter from my SM roster*

Are you always going to update in these tiny chunks?
I had planned to do it daily, but i got real life assignments to do so no it wont be short like this.

@Tornadith: Thanks alot. And to answer your question, I dont' do the whole request thing. I put in characters that everyone makes because I want it to be a secret as to who makes it in. Just PM the characters you make and I will decide. :D

Top Bottom