• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha NE FFC this weekend DEC 7th

cue

Smash Journeyman
thats right FFC tourny this sunday the 7th come one come all.

Smash Bros Brawl Tourney

* All matches will be three stocks, eight minute time limit
* Each set will be best 2 out of 3, with winners, Losers and Grand Finals being best out of 5
* Double Elimination Bracket
* Double Blind picks available by request
* Each player may ban one stage before the set begins. That stage is banned for random and counterpicking.
* Counterpicks: Loser chooses stage, winner chooses character, loser chooses character
* Tactics that excessively stall out a match are banned, and will be considered on a case-by-case basis
* Bring your own controller, all standard controller setups are allowed (no turbo/modded controllers)
* No items
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the sudden death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the neutral stages listed below.
* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked. If the new stage has been previously reset by either player during the same set, that stage is reset again. (random stage reset)
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game.
* The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and 4th/5th if applicable). if there is one (Advanced slob picks).
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule).
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose on counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked. You may not ban neutral stages.
* Counter mods, clitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.
* Wobbling is not banned.
* Best 2/3 double elimination
* 3 stocks, 5 minute time limit
* Gamecube or classic controller used only.
* ALL MELEE STAGE RULES APPLY AS WELL
* Any form of cheating, including but not limited to intentional disconnects, server crashing, etc., will result in immediate disqualification of the competitor. Any competitor or team accidentally utilizing ANY exploit or bug in a map or game will forfeit that game. Competitors are responsible for their actions in regards to known map or game bugs/exploits. Any competitor or team attempting to use ANY exploit in a map shall be immediately disqualified and may be removed from the event. If you have a question regarding a particular tactic, ask a tournament official prior to the match.
* In the case of a TV or Wii malfunctions, the game will be restarted if less than 5 minutes has passed. If more than 5 minutes has elapsed then the tournament referee will make an informed decision based on the scores at the time of disconnection.

Stages

* Neutrals:
o Battlefield
o Final Destination
o Yoshi's Island
o Lylat Cruise
o Smashville
* Counterpicks:
o Luigi's Mansion
o Delfino Plaza
o Castle Siege
o Great Sea
o Frigate Orpheon
o Battleship Halberd
o Skyworld
o Green Hill Zone
* Banned:
o Mushroomy Kingdom
o Mario Circuit
o Bridge of Eldin
o Rumble Falls
o Norfair
o Pokemon Stadium 2
o Port Town
o Wario Ware
o Distant Planet
o New Pork City
o The Summit
o Pictochat
o Shadow Moses Island
o Donkey Kong Arcade
o Spear Pillar
o Mario Bros.
o Flat Zone 2
o Electroplankton

Tyser

Smash Champion
Ive known about this for the past month but didnt post it because I dont play Brawl no more :S

Uli

Smash Champion
i wish, but you guys should come
it seems like some of you might, razor said he wanted to meaning joker would tag along then idk who else

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I should, so you and me would nerd 3rd Strike all day, but I gotta study for a Final that night.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm going, need to make up for lost time. I'm the black kid with the blue santa clause jacket.

cue

Smash Journeyman
i'm thinking about running melee with it too. doesnt look like turnout is gonna be that great so there will be more then enough time. I'll beat you in both games. yeah you.

Uli

Smash Champion
i'm thinking about running melee with it too. doesnt look like turnout is gonna be that great so there will be more then enough time. I'll beat you in both games. yeah you.
Oh MY!
i <3 you david :3

cue

Smash Journeyman
same place same time as last

you all gonna get ****!

Tyser

Smash Champion
But other out of state people wont know where to go if theyre new comers is where Im getting at with the location and time thing :S

Tyser

Smash Champion
Results from our itty bitty tournament

Melee singles [9 ENTRANTS]

1 JBM (Marth) [Beat: Yosh, Tyser, x2 Smeesh / Lost: Smeesh]
2 Smeesh (Falcon) [Beat: Ian, Secks., Tyser / Lost: x2 JBM]
3 Tyser (Samus) [Beat: Uli, Big Burnan, Secks. / Lost: JBM and Smeesh]
4 Secks. (Falco) [Beat: Big Burnan / Lost: Smeesh and Tyser]
5 Uli (Falcon) [Beat: Yosh / Lost: Tyser and Secks.]
5 Big Burn (Falcon) [Beat: Dekline / Lost: Secks. and Tyser]
7 Dekline (Falco) [Beat: Ian / Lost: Smeesh and Big Burnan]
7 Yosh (Yoshi) [Beat: no one / Lost: JBM and Uli]
9 Ian (Marth) [Beat: no one / Lost: Smeesh and Dekline]

Only first and second place got paid (bullshit):
1st - $65
2nd - $27

Brawl singles [10 ENTRANTS]

1 Tyser (Nia) [Beat: Josh P, Uli, x2 Smeesh / Lost: no one]
2 Smeesh (Peach) [Beat: Nate L, Big Burn, Darryl / Lost: 2x Tyser]
3 Darryl (Pikachu) [Beat: Yosh, Uli, Jason / Lost: Big Burn and Smeesh]
4 Jason (? ? ?) [Beat: Ian, Big Burnan / Lost: Uli and Darryl]
5 Big Burn (Pit) [Beat: Darryl / Lost: Smeesh and Jason]
5 Uli (MK) [Beat: Jason / Lost: Tyser and Darryl]
7 Yosh (MK) [Beat: Nate L / Lost: Smeesh and Darryl]
7 Ian (Marth) [Beat: no one / Lost: Jason then forfeited tournament]
9 Nate L (? ? ?) [Beat: no one / Lost: Smeesh and Yosh]
9 Josh P (Link) [Beat: no one / Lost: Tyser then forfeited tournament]

Only first place got paid (YAY):
1st - $30 worth of tokens! FUCK YES!

There were no doubles for anything because Nebraska doesnt believe in doubles.

Yeah, itty bitty. Hopefully the tournament wont be on such short notice next time folks.

TWO THOUSANDTH POST! I'd like to dedicate this post to Melee because Brawl sucks big fat donkey chode. All Brawl mainers are fucking lowly ass scrubs who need to get on my level. All Brawl mainers are also fags because God said so in the Bible.

SHOUTOUTS:
JBM - Good shit.
Smeesh - Good shit.
Secks. - Good shit. You know you love UpB, quit calling me a fag you asshole.
Uli - Good shit.
Big Burnan - Good shit.
Yosh - Good shit. We **** teams.
Dekline - Good shit.
Ian - Good shit.
Samus - Babies? Si, please.

Uli

Smash Champion
Hopefully the tournament wont be on such a short notice next time
i ROFL'd at this! maybe if its melee we will post it earlier!

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
**** I'm wasn't able to show up yesterday cause I had no friends to go along with. I was pissed and this fails.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Despite whether the next monthly is Brawl or what not, Ill post it ASAP. I knew about this tournament over a month ago but I didnt post it because I dont care for Brawl.

Top Bottom