• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

magnet pulling

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
as in pk fire -> ps magnet.

ok, I know how to do this. I use it for recoveries whenever I get sent far and high. I also use it for surprise attacks (sorta)

Now, how do you do a FORWARD slide? As in the magnet is facing forward. Is this even possible? I know that if you do a pk fire one way you can turn around and magnet pull slide the other. But I have no idea how to get the magnet to face forward.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
You can do it using B-Sticking. It's hard to explain with the control stick because I just do it after messing around with quarter-circle movements on the directional pad. Maybe I should figure out how its done... hmm.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong because I'm in class, but to do it while B-Sticking, you need to launch the pkfire, hold the control stick in the direction you want to face, and then press down on the C-Stick in a diagonal direction opposite of the way you want to face. It should launch you. Just experiment with that. Haha.

Levitas

the moon
It's a turnaround Bsticked Psi Magnet.

iirc here's the steps. PK fire back. Hit toward and then down b quickly for the reverse psi M (hold towards and flick down c if bsticking). If you do nothing at this point, your momentum will reverse and you'll do a magnet pull facing the right way away from the stage. So IMMEDIATELY after hitting down b, hit flick the analog stick back in the direction you pk fired in.

I'm like 80% sure that's the correct input for that particular magnet pull.

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
It's a turnaround Bsticked Psi Magnet.

iirc here's the steps. PK fire back. Hit toward and then down b quickly for the reverse psi M (hold towards and flick down c if bsticking). If you do nothing at this point, your momentum will reverse and you'll do a magnet pull facing the right way away from the stage. So IMMEDIATELY after hitting down b, hit flick the analog stick back in the direction you pk fired in.

I'm like 80% sure that's the correct input for that particular magnet pull.
Thanks.

Greatly appreciated.

Also, you can just turn around mid-pull. Psi-M is neat like that.
Yeah, I know. I said that in the opening post.(I think)

And your avatar is ****ing scary.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
Someone correct me if I'm wrong because I'm in class, but to do it while B-Sticking, you need to launch the pkfire, hold the control stick in the direction you want to face, and then press down on the C-Stick in a diagonal direction opposite of the way you want to face. It should launch you.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this, with b-stick

Top Bottom