• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
there were 32 apparently. it was three people tied at 30th...

but yeah, when i have the videos but as for recording.... yeah, it's gonna take awhile >.>

dont expect all these videos up any time soon

Clowsui: set it for the 20th. we wont be able to make it on the 19th.

Speaking of which, awhile back we were talking about a trip to cincy (which coincidentally S2D isnt having a tournament that day)

It would be good for us to know exactly who's going. I'll give last minute invites to those that dont get on here next saturday at the weekly. But if you think you're up to going, let me know.

wangston

Smash Lord
Congrats tactical. I wish I could have been here. To think It came down to the last game of the grand finals last week when I was there. booo stupid college why does it have to be all the way in utah.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
wangston you should've been there... didnt get your chance to face him. Perhaps he'll be there when we go to cincy.

but you need to face equi's wolf before he goes back to florida....

wangston

Smash Lord
I don't want to fight wolf, I've fought dai-a wolf and that was already enough. How the heck can some one shine so many attacks. Not only that but space all his air attacks and his smashs perfectly every time. Wolf is a punk.

lol triple elimination with 30 plus people. haha How long did this take???

wangston

Smash Lord
Jiano was busy owning at a melee tournament. A game that takes skill.... hahahha i said, it's true don't lie to your self and say it doesn't.

End any melee brawl discussions right now.

neji32

Smash Lord
I don't want to fight wolf, I've fought dai-a wolf and that was already enough. How the heck can some one shine so many attacks. Not only that but space all his air attacks and his smashs perfectly every time. Wolf is a punk.

i lost to him twice, light also lost to him, we both used falco on him. Did you use falco on the wolf you fought?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Jiano was busy owning at a melee tournament. A game that takes skill.... hahahha i said, it's true don't lie to your self and say it doesn't.

continue any melee brawl discussions right now.
how right you are.... how right you are...

i miss melee >.>

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
AUGH!!!! I can't believe I let several victories get away from me so easily. I'm definitely vetoing Battlefield for sure. Battlefield+Zelda=Death. Oh well there is always next week and on the plus side my Wolf game went up a couple of levels.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero

It took a little over 7 effin hours!!!

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Yeah, I choked and SD'd versus Tac.... and just ask Equi about our match. LOL.... He was dead, falling to his doom... then Roger the support ghost cames up and he downsmashed as it was rising and kills me. Was incredible. Was tough playing ROB in the tournament, but I did alright.

Rowan was by far the best person I saw there though, skillwise. He adapted very well and would have been the only person there I would have had even slight difficulty with had my character not been banned a few days before the tournament. I really hope you start traveling, Rowan. You might need a secondary to pull out for Peach's less than adequate matchups, but you've got the skill to do very, very well.
I said this back in July when I met him the first time :D

Rowan you're **** good man.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm you should had gotten first -_-
Yeah. I didn't step it up enough to make up for the "luck" factor... little goofball mistakes and random stuff happening. :(

Doesn't matter though. S'ol good.

wangston

Smash Lord
About the Louisville & Cincy smash fest, the 20th is my dads birthday. So what I think I'm going to have to do is just take all the smasher in La Grange, me, arbys, mushpie, lvl 0, and Joe. I live only an hour a way from cincy, so really don't want to drive 20mins in the opposite direction to meet at s2d. Also I'm going to have to leave at like 6:00 so I can get back to my house in time to celebrate my dads b day. This is the only way I'm going to be able to go. I say we all try to get to cincy by 12 so we can get this show on the road.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
so... on the louisville tournaments when is the next one? the op says weekly but the dates between the last two dont add up to that? anyway let me know maybe i just added it up incorrectly

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
the tournaments are weeklies, however the tournament on the 20th is going to be cancelled due to a magic tournament.... but that's cool, since we'll be in cincy anyways.

wangston, so we'll be splitting into two groups? one that leaves cincy at around six and one that stays until whenever?

Group 1: you, mushpie, arbys, lv0, joe (no luke?)

Group 2: Me, Crash, tactical, hoboz, equi, calic, paladin, spec, protein, JKip, Rowan

....wow....16.... i'll make sure this is alright with clowsui's max person cap. If we DID end up bringing this many, we'd have to use three car groups. Probably you, crash, and either paladain (who said he'd like to drive) or tactical.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
the tournaments are weeklies, however the tournament on the 20th is going to be cancelled due to a magic tournament.... but that's cool, since we'll be in cincy anyways.

wangston, so we'll be splitting into two groups? one that leaves cincy at around six and one that stays until whenever?

Group 1: you, mushpie, arbys, lv0, joe (no luke?)

Group 2: Me, Crash, tactical, hoboz, equi, calic, paladin, spec, cr4sh, protein, JKip, ROWAN

....wow....17.... i'll make sure this is alright with clowsui's max person cap. If we DID end up bringing this many, we'd have to use three car groups. Probably you, crash, and either paladain (who said he'd like to drive) or tactical.
17, fixed :p

wangston

Smash Lord
btw mush pie is luke, but now he goes by speed racer. but mush pie is he original name. The cap for people is due to clowusi providing a pot luck dinner type deal. But I'm going to be leaving before then so I don't think my 6 people will effect the cap.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hilt, I'm addicted to your 'theme song'!
Awesome job being the TO btw. Hooray for us first-timers!
Is the Cinci tourney a crew tourney?
Where is the thread for it?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Hilt, I'm addicted to your 'theme song'!
Awesome job being the TO btw. Hooray for us first-timers!
Is the Cinci tourney a crew tourney?
Where is the thread for it?
It's not a crew tourny, but there's going to be a crew battle.

(btw kyari, why dont you show up here anymore?? havent seen you in forever.)

on another note, for those of you that dont know, I, Protein, and Tactical are going to start running the tournament for the most part from now on. Which means tio is going to continue to be used.

also, I wanted to check up on the stage list, if anyone thinks something should be changed. Reaper complained about Pirate Ship, which I...think should be legal. However, in the interest of fairness, I guess it should be brought up >.>

also, protein mentioned that lylat should be a neutral stage. And i dont like stadium 2....

Taylor you should probably put something in the first post about meta knight being banned. Josh said he'll keep the ban active for awhile to see how things go, but if there are complaints he'd lift the ban. (so far the only person to even slightly complain is protein lol)

ps: and yes eric that song's frikkn amazing ^.^

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Posting cause its possible i go to some of these in the future. this is my oppinon!

Neutrals
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (brawl)
Lylat Cruise (hate this stage to death but yeah its somewhat neutral, it ironically sucks to be a space animal on this stage)

Counterpicks
Luigi's Mansion
Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon (tethers love this place- not - the right side sucks for you tether guys here. CP it is!)
Pictochat (fun stage to bring mk too but if he is banned I'm sure i can find something else to use it for)
Pokemon stadium 1 (screw this stage being neutral it can be a CP)
Pokemon stadium 2 (its give or take really, i find it to be a wonderful counterpick against some characters... and yummy at the wind part its a juggle fest.)
Rainbow Cruise
Pirate Ship XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (die! yeah pirate ship can eat one, sucks to be anyone here and the ship is just way too random at times)
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Yoshi's Island (melee) (wonderful CP for character with less than good recoveries to benifit from. i.e ike loves to play here.)

not much of a change but i did list my thoughts on some of them. anyway take it for what its worth!

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
I personally enjoy the expansion of the CP stages; Especially since Kirby doesn't have a lot of bad stages.

I always enjoyed a little bit of random in my soup of smash. I mean, come on, when we first started out, FD and BF all the time was getting boring >.>

neji32

Smash Lord
Posting cause its possible i go to some of these in the future. this is my oppinon!

Neutrals
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (brawl)
Lylat Cruise (hate this stage to death but yeah its somewhat neutral, it ironically sucks to be a space animal on this stage)

Counterpicks
Luigi's Mansion
Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon (tethers love this place- not - the right side sucks for you tether guys here. CP it is!)
Pictochat (fun stage to bring mk too but if he is banned I'm sure i can find something else to use it for)
Pokemon stadium 1 (screw this stage being neutral it can be a CP)
Pokemon stadium 2 (its give or take really, i find it to be a wonderful counterpick against some characters... and yummy at the wind part its a juggle fest.)
Rainbow Cruise
Pirate Ship XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (die! yeah pirate ship can eat one, sucks to be anyone here and the ship is just way too random at times)
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Yoshi's Island (melee) (wonderful CP for character with less than good recoveries to benifit from. i.e ike loves to play here.)

not much of a change but i did list my thoughts on some of them. anyway take it for what its worth!
I dont think lylat could be a neutral. Its turns can gimp some and the stage is slanted alot along with the all three platforms being really low.
As for battle field, i am never cpin that stage again. I wasnt supposed to but after that bom omb death by rowan i was just confused what was what lol. Vgg rowan, i'll be sure to use pika on you next time xD

Delvro

Smash Ace
Nice job on 8th Cr4sh
Everyone knows that the REAL winner is the one who gets the most shoryukens.

Also, I think this is a good time for Kentucky to lead the nation in the Meta-Knight ban!
Both me and *I think* Mayling are OK with banning him in Lexington for our February tournament, although some of our friends won't want us to

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
i would be going to these for sure, but i'm currently unable to attend tournaments right now... my circumstances are complicated. i promise that i will return to the tourney scene as soon as my circumstances allow. hopefully february of 09.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Nice job on 8th Cr4sh
Everyone knows that the REAL winner is the one who gets the most shoryukens.

Also, I think this is a good time for Kentucky to lead the nation in the Meta-Knight ban!
Both me and *I think* Mayling are OK with banning him in Lexington for our February tournament, although some of our friends won't want us to
I'm actually beginning to side with it...

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
So whats yah's take on possibly having a Brawl + tournament once a set list of codes come out? It might be a nice alternative to switch up with every once in a while. It would also be easy to implement since all the wiis there are already hacked.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Okay, the tournament at clowsui's on the 20th has a cap of 30 by clowsui's parents. Currently, other than our group, there are thirteen people for sure going to show up. That leaves 17 spots open, and wangston's group takes it from seventeen to twelve.

now, here's the thing. I'm going to first check with everyone that was originally wanting to go. We've had this thing planned since....like early november it think. it's been awhile lol. I'll check with everyone that was originally planning on going, and if there are spots open, there will possibly a couple others to invite.
so if we run out of room, and arent able to take someone... I apologise.

also, setups. who would be able to bring TVs/Wiis?

CR4SH

Smash Lord
CR4SH's stagepick opinions (Ignore the FD, It's plain bias
even though I really truly do believe it.
).

Neutrals:
BF
KK slider concert
Yoshi's island.

CPs
Castle Seige
FD
My mansion
Halberd
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
PKS1
Frigate
Norfair
Brinstar
Delfino
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
That melee kirby stage who's name I can't remember
Lylat
Big Blue (for the lulz)

Philosophy
Neutrals: Simple stages, that don't move. They have one main flat stage, and a simple arrangement of platforms.
CP
:Any stage with a relatively simple layout, that won't actively kill you. The exceptions being stage kills that require you to walk into them in some way. Ledgekills on FD,Fire on Norfair, Lazers on halbred, monsters on distant planet. Not bombs the stage fires AT YOU and give you only a very general idea where they're going to land.

Why not FD? Because it's the only stage without any manner of platform. Even bridge of eldin gives you a hole in the middle. The only reason FD doesn't have platforms is because they would make master hand too easy to kill. That's what the stage is for. This is no reason to ban the stage, but it is by NO MEANS neutral. Plus it kills you.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
i see where you're comming from on most of your stage list crash, but i doubt many would agree with you. Too many people like FD and are use to playing on a flat stage. And plus, regarding the SBR stage list, FD is not listed as 'Neutral/Counterpick' but just 'Neutral'.

Personally i dont think the stage list should change, other than the possibility of removing stadium 2, but no one picks it anyways.

and crash, are you still good to drive on the 20th?

neji32

Smash Lord
if anything, fd is my only safe heven against campers due to no platforms....i just wish there was another neutral like it, cause every time i need it it gets striked =(

Top Bottom