• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ORIGINALS-Last of the dying breed

Deez.

Smash Lord
Postprac Ch 4.5!!!!

Hey, Everyone This is Deez. Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm having a smashfest this friday at my house in my basement. OOS ppl are welcomed.

INFO:
12 Schindler Ct
Silver Spring MD 20903

I will be having Draft Crews here if people are up for it. I will choose the Draft Crew Captains depending on who shows up. :ohwell: I can also house people who call in advance... for those people who dont have my number my cell is (301)-213-5918.

Doors open around 5:00pm... come through the back door and just knock.those of you taking metro and would like to get to my house easier ask Yoster to give you a ride to my house since he live 5 mins away from Forest Glen metro and is coming over at around 7:30pm.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Kadaj.

You're an honorary Original for the same reason you're an honorary member of Squirtle Squad. We respect you and your skill, and it's cool when you show to tourneys/fests and we all get to chill [speaking on behalf of SS and Originals, based on my assumptions, sorriez if misrepresenting], but that doesn't make you part of the crew.....

Oh wait lemme make this easier to explain: if you lived anywhere close to the Originals and played them at least as frequently as you and I play, then it'd be something for them to consider (I'd add that you have to vibe well with them as a friend but that already seems to sort of be the case). Even then it's not a guarantee. I mean, do you know how many people in SoVa said they were members of Squirtle Squad back in the day? There were like...6 of us but probably 10 more honoraries/wannabes. And most of them would always be like "oh how do I get into SS? I'll play someone for their spot! I'm better than ____!" Gah I'm tired, I hope I made some sense here...

And yeah Re: SoVa's Brawl scene.

It's pretty much dead.

The only (really good) people who would really be active live 25-65 minutes from eachother. And there are very few of us :( Everyone else either lost interest due to scrubby attitudes, quit Smash altogether because of scrubby attitudes, or have to deal with real life commitments and never get to play (SlashTalon is a prime example).

The worst part is that now SoVa's back to where we were when Melee was picking up around her a couple years ago. A handful of good players who tried to travel for tourneys and such, but were 2-3 hours away in any direction from any sort of great competition. Meanwhile, regions like NoVa/MD flourish and improve at crazy 3rd world country population growth rates and SoVa's skill is reduced to some Chinese 1-boost-in-skill-per-tourney-every-6-weeks bull****.

Pegachris

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Everyone This is Deez. Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm having a smashfest this friday at my house in my basement. OOS ppl are welcomed.

INFO:
12 Schindler Ct
Silver Spring MD 20903

I will be having Draft Crews here if people are up for it. I will choose the Draft Crew Captains depending on who shows up. :ohwell: I can also house people who call in advance... for those people who dont have my number my cell is (301)-213-5918.

Doors open around 5:00pm... come through the back door and just knock.those of you taking metro and would like to get to my house easier ask Yoster to give you a ride to my house since he live 5 mins away from Forest Glen metro and is coming over at around 7:30pm.
Blahhhhh

I would've came to this since i live down the street but I had to work. Have one this week though

boss8

Smash Hero
Blahhhhh

I would've came to this since i live down the street but I had to work. Have one this week though
there is one this week...wtf on friday...

wtf kadaj is in the crew anyone that says honary is allowed to participate in crew battle as long as if the starter isnt present......for example....

me
korn
beaker
candy
ck

thats the line up right now...and if we need a 6th we would use an honaray....

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Kadaj.

You're an honorary Original for the same reason you're an honorary member of Squirtle Squad. We respect you and your skill, and it's cool when you show to tourneys/fests and we all get to chill [speaking on behalf of SS and Originals, based on my assumptions, sorriez if misrepresenting], but that doesn't make you part of the crew.....

Oh wait lemme make this easier to explain: if you lived anywhere close to the Originals and played them at least as frequently as you and I play, then it'd be something for them to consider (I'd add that you have to vibe well with them as a friend but that already seems to sort of be the case). Even then it's not a guarantee. I mean, do you know how many people in SoVa said they were members of Squirtle Squad back in the day? There were like...6 of us but probably 10 more honoraries/wannabes. And most of them would always be like "oh how do I get into SS? I'll play someone for their spot! I'm better than ____!" Gah I'm tired, I hope I made some sense here...

And yeah Re: SoVa's Brawl scene.

It's pretty much dead.

The only (really good) people who would really be active live 25-65 minutes from eachother. And there are very few of us :( Everyone else either lost interest due to scrubby attitudes, quit Smash altogether because of scrubby attitudes, or have to deal with real life commitments and never get to play (SlashTalon is a prime example).

The worst part is that now SoVa's back to where we were when Melee was picking up around her a couple years ago. A handful of good players who tried to travel for tourneys and such, but were 2-3 hours away in any direction from any sort of great competition. Meanwhile, regions like NoVa/MD flourish and improve at crazy 3rd world country population growth rates and SoVa's skill is reduced to some Chinese 1-boost-in-skill-per-tourney-every-6-weeks bull****.
****...now I feel bad about making fun of SoVa all this time

edit: time to move on and talk **** about some other unfortunate region

Honto-E-Lawl

Smash Journeyman
you guys are too good XD

request:
any of you not going to that tourni this weekend and is up for MELEE festage in arlington? (basically **** random scrubs....well...one of us is sorta good...)

Top Bottom