• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic The Hedgehog: Community Matchup thread

What is Sonic's worst match up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Pit - Character Matchup 24

Introduction

He's gay.

A character with a bad reputation attached to him due to his common use one wifi. Spamage. Arrows, mirror like shield, forward B, forward smash. He's a spam machine casual gamers...

Behaviour:

watch out for arrow loops and wingdashing,

and if he knocks you off and up bs on the stage, than slides across the stage and than flys out to try and hit you, he can use his wings again in the air, its sexy as hell.
It sucks hard when you lose your momentum if the Pit player happens to get lucky or something... because once they do, it takes sometime to get back the momemtum, and that's assuming it's a training dummy, usually Pit is going to start to gain the momentum.
More information guys...

:/

Commonly Used Moves:

Arrows

Sonic's Spin dash roll travels under Pit's arrows. However don't relie on it since a down tilted arrow should be able to reach you in 1/4 of Final destination or less. How ever, it they miss, you're free to tak e advantage of the lag with a free spin roll combo

Nair

More information guys...

Down tilt

Normal used as a combo stater and a shield poker. Tilt your shield diagonally towards and below him.

I variate everything, you use ur B moves to make people guess what you may do,where you might go, i might Wingdash and change up my movement, and either move up or back off, using an arrows or F-tilt or something...
At 1st i thought Pits Dair was useless but it is a good combo starter for getting someone off the ground into the air, Some of his attacks may seem uselss but its just something you have to adjust to...

How to Win:

More information guys...

Recommended Stages:

More information guys...

Matchup Summary:

:sonic::pit:
50:50 Even

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
No. 12?

Anyway I think while Greenstreet is done, we out to take the time to go and look back on some of the matchup write-ups that aren't managed by him.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I edited it while you where typing :(

Could someone make a thread in the Pit boards for me? Thanks a lot!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'll go do it.

Also about those matchups, I mean Kirby and Fox.

Napi left some things to be done in the Kirby write-up, and as for Tenki... I need to go read it to really decide.

Edit: Actually, Tenki's write up seems fine, it's just Napi's Kirby write-up that needs work.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
im saying ridiculous in the sense of "cant believe that character can do that, its so gay". for example...shuttle loop madness is HIGHLY punishable but most ppl just get awe-struck with how retardedly good it LOOKS and mindgame themselves. the tornado is pretty punishable...but most ppl have this "OMG the tornado is broken there is no way past it" mindstate so they get wrecked by it and frustrated that it is hitting them, thus making them play worse.

edit:
once again at the HIGHEST levels of play....which is what im basing the matchups off of. I do not believe the matchups i spoke about are even. If you have a video of a good sonic beating a good rob or DK IN A SET or peach or G&W please show me. Every1 here has some sort of tourney win or some high placing yet we believe that its some ODD coincidence that no1 can name themselves beating a notable player for any of these characters?

Napilopez

Smash Lord
im saying ridiculous in the sense of "cant believe that character can do that, its so gay". for example...shuttle loop madness is HIGHLY punishable but most ppl just get awe-struck with how retardedly good it LOOKS and mindgame themselves. the tornado is pretty punishable...but most ppl have this "OMG the tornado is broken there is no way past it" mindstate so they get wrecked by it and frustrated that it is hitting them, thus making them play worse.
Lol, this is true. Sonic especially counters those two moves very well.

Like, do you know that so long as you have time to react with an UpB, you will ALWAYS hit MK out of shuttle loop if he uses it on you in the air? Its simple logic. If he's on a trajectory to hit you with Shuttle loop, the spring will come out from below you and hit him because he has like no priority whatsoever after that single invincible startup frame. Eventually the MK will learn to stop using shuttle loop against you, while removes one of his most important tools. All you need to do is react to it as quickly as possible. And it usually combos into a dair to boot.

HA>>> Tornado, unless there's platforms, enough said. Not to mention other spring setups and stuff.

The rest is just a matter of quick fingers an being a better player.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
edit:
once again at the HIGHEST levels of play....which is what im basing the matchups off of. I do not believe the matchups i spoke about are even. If you have a video of a good sonic beating a good rob or DK IN A SET or peach or G&W please show me. Every1 here has some sort of tourney win or some high placing yet we believe that its some ODD coincidence that no1 can name themselves beating a notable player for any of these characters?
Well the fact of the matter is, how many of these chars have Sonic's even faced? I haven't even heard of a Sonic Vs. DK match in a tourney other than you Vs. BUM. Same for a peach. Only a couple of G&W matches, not even full sets. We don't face those characters as much, so we can't really make an assessment on it other than like, online experience for the most part, which isn't exactly the most accurate data. So we have to go by what we know.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
If you look on the first page of that linked thread, if you 'Ctrl F' Sonic, then it'll take you down to their little write up, where there's quotes you can use.

The only thing not really covered was stages. Go go Lylat.

:093:

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Has anyone noticed how absurdly good Green Hill Zone is for Sonic? It's Spincharge galore, and you can do attacks out of the SDR. I once did an U-tilt out of a full speed SDR up the hill. Plus the checkpoints are great. Super speed Sonic can hit them, but also SDR beneath them. Go to your home-stage.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I hate Green Hill Zone.

Also, the thread that I linked on here I also linked on the match-up export on the Pit boards, but the link isn't broken there.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Can we move on. I don't want a bunch of arrogant Pit mainers with their heads far up their *** in here.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@malcom

Xiivi plays a mean peach and i play him and Jesiah more than just about anybody...

So i play xiivis peach a good amount for a kid that doesnt own a wii, and we pretty much trade sets at this point. i think peach has a minor advantage, but i beat him plenty.

does that count?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well the fact of the matter is, how many of these chars have Sonic's even faced? I haven't even heard of a Sonic Vs. DK match in a tourney other than you Vs. BUM. Same for a peach. Only a couple of G&W matches, not even full sets. We don't face those characters as much, so we can't really make an assessment on it other than like, online experience for the most part, which isn't exactly the most accurate data. So we have to go by what we know.
Ther'es Anth3r and Samulai in that one video.

After it before on their write-up saying that Sonic has no priority so is no problem at all, I took it upon myself to help out.
From here, it's about 5 pages long.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...174796&page=25

Agreed neutral.

Chis should remember, lol.

Broken link is broken.

I suggest we move on to another character now.
Chis really hates Pit for some reason.

You're never going to live this down, are you? The last time we played was like, July or something.

Speaking of which, we should play again.
Oh crap I just saw red and then the first thought was "okay, who got banned 'NOW?!...'".

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Kinzer, check the link on the Pit boards export thread, it's not broken there for some reason.

And Ryoko has Dogbert as his avatar.

Sexy.

Tenki

Smash Hero
You're never going to live this down, are you? The last time we played was like, July or something.

Speaking of which, we should play again.
1) probably not :laugh: you're still the only Sheik/Zelda I know to pull it off

2) xD it'd be fun to play again - but my connection feels alot worse than it did over the summer. People who were blue connection previously are like, green/yellow now, and people who were green connection are almost all yellow connection now D:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
so for the sake of trying to save this thread

sonics spindashes go under pits arrows, so no matter where he is, if you are both on a main platform, and he shoots an arrow, he should be getting hit.

I think sonic really wins this match but i havent played a pit in forever.

and if he knocks you off and up bs on the stage, than slides across the stage and than flys out to try and hit you, he can use his wings again in the air, its sexy as hell.

Basic SC might be one of your best approaches in this match, I really wan get inui in here and get his opinion since i honestly havent played this match in ages.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Don't you mean shouldn't? And you do know Pit can control the trajectory of his arrows... right?

Tenki

Smash Hero
so for the sake of trying to save this thread

sonics spindashes go under pits arrows, so no matter where he is, if you are both on a main platform, and he shoots an arrow, he should be getting hit.

I think sonic really wins this match but i havent played a pit in forever.

Basic SC might be one of your best approaches in this match, I really wan get inui in here and get his opinion since i honestly havent played this match in ages.
nooooooo.

down-tilted arrow should be able to reach spindash up to 1/4 FD, if not less.

if you try to do a pure grounded SC approach, SH D-air will kill your SDR/low SDJ type approaches.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
when was the last time you got hit by an arrow, while moving at sonic speed?

i know its never happened to me...

they try to curve it down and hit me, and they miss, and i get a free spindash combo...
cause you are hitting them while they are still in arrow lag i think

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It sucks hard when you lose your momentum if the Pit player happens to get lucky or something... because once they do, it takes sometime to get back the momemtum, and that's assuming it's a training dummy, usually Pit is going to start to gain the momentum.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Pit's gay, and really easy to fight.

Terrible pit players and good pit players are easy as hell, they both do the same ****.

Just **** them.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I dun c wha he did thar... tel may!

But no seriously, if we're ALREADY DONE with Pit, can somebody help me eat up the posts to the next page?

Conti

Smash Ace
I Main Pit and My Freind Mains Sonic, We Play twice a week and do multiple 1v1's... Based on our fights and skill levels (we arent bad at all [but im not amazing]...) id say it is 50-50... Alot of our Fights comes down to the last stock with both at 100% damage, we both pull alot of mindgames and such on eachother, every fight is good [he wins id say 3outta5 matches cuz he is a better player]... Im not gunna be biased and say Pit>Sonic cuz thats wrong, i do believe pit is a more Technical character then sonic but not saying he is absolutly better....
What do yall think?

Top Bottom