• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

69 Percent

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
I feel very stupid posting this, but I couldn't help it because this happens all the time.

Somehow, during my matches, when I or my opponent does some a KO, a crazy spike, a death combo, or one of us die from a very unlikely environmental hazard, the one who remains unharmed is, 6/10 times, at 69% damage.

At first when I started noticing it I was just like "lol", but it's happened so many times that I had to be freaked out. To be sure I wasn't just noting the percentage for its connotation, I picked 70% as a random test percentage to see if it came up as many times, but it didn't

Am I crazy? Is chance just playing a joke on me? Or did the makers of brawl decide to make an algorithm that makes opponents of players at 69% have a higher chance of ******?

Again if this is just by chance I am deeply embarrased. And of course I say all this with an unblemished record of heterosexuality.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
You should be deeply embarrassed.

Though, my friends tend to point out when either of us are at Nintendo 64% or 69%

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
[FONT="Unown™"]ESCAPE[/FONT]

[FONT="Unown™"]OUR WORDS SHALL REMAIN HERE FOR THE AGES[/FONT]
[FONT="Unown™"]unown[/FONT]

"The strange Pokemon you saw in the Ruins? They appear to be very much like the drawings on the walls there. Hmm... That must mean there are many kinds of them..."

[FONT="Unown™"]Background[/FONT]

Unown is a Psychic-type Pokemon introduced in Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal. It first encountered in the Ruins of Alph. In the Ruins, there are four stone puzzle tiles.

[FONT="Unown™"]STATS[/FONT]

Size: 2-3/10: While some are smaller or larger than each other, each Unown is generally around Pikachu's size.
Weight: 1/10: All Unown are extremely lightweight.
Power: ???/10: Unown's power can vary greatly from very weak to moderately strong when placed in different situations.
Jumps: 2
Jump (1): 3/10: Unown has a poor first jump, not sending Unown very far, but better than jumps like Ganondorf's.
Jump (2): 7/10: Unown has a great second jump, it propelling Unown little over twice as high than the first.
Speed (Walk):
Speed (Run):
Traction:
Speed (Attack):
Speed (Falling):
Range:
Crouch:
Crawl:
Wall-Kick:
Wall-Cling:
Glide:

[FONT="Unown™"]ANIMATIONS[/FONT]

Idle:
Walk:
Run:
Crouch:
First Jump:
Second Jump:
Shield:
Spot Dodge:
Roll:
Air Dodge:
Frozen:
Asleep:
Dizzy:

[FONT="Unown™"]SPECIAL ATTACKS[/FONT]

Neutral Special - Hidden Power

Side Special -

Up Special - Helping Hand -

[FONT="Unown™"]STANDARD ATTACKS[/FONT]

A

[FONT="Unown™"]SMASH ATTACKS[/FONT]

B

[FONT="Unown™"]AERIAL ATTACKS[/FONT]

C

[FONT="Unown™"]GRABS AND THROWS[/FONT]

D

[FONT="Unown™"]FINAL SMASH[/FONT]

E

[FONT="Unown™"]PLAYSTYLE[/FONT]

F

[FONT="Unown™"]EXTRAS[/FONT]

G

[FONT="Unown™"]TROPHIES AND STICKERS[/FONT]

H

[FONT="Unown™"]EVENTS[/FONT]

I

[FONT="Unown™"]STAGE[/FONT]

J

[FONT="Unown™"]MATCHUPS[/FONT]

storm92

Smash Ace
I just notice that 69% is a very common number to pop up on damage meters.
Pure chance, probably. You just don't notice a random number like 17 or 32, but when 69 pops up your mind is like AH CONSPIRACY!

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
Am I crazy? Is chance just playing a joke on me? Or did the makers of brawl decide to make an algorithm that makes opponents of players at 69% have a higher chance of ******?

Again if this is just by chance I am deeply embarrased. And of course I say all this with an unblemished record of heterosexuality.
You can 69 without being gay y'know...
I see this percent a lot too. Perhaps I simply notice it more than other numbers, or perhaps Sakurai has a weird scence of humor.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
LOL

this happens with my smash friends all the time
its really weird how much this happens
people may think your joking but this seriously happens to me and my friends
but mostly with captain falcon

Ange

Smash Lord
THE NUMBER 69 PRETTY MUCH HAUNTS ME, although I dont mind.

That neverb really happens to me (maybe cause I dont notice it), but somehow I always seem to die or KO people at 99%, or something that ends with 99, like.. 199%. q_p

Top Bottom