• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Wall Infinite? - Yeah I said it

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
OK so listen, I was playing Dogma's marth (or was it Omega's, I don't remember) at the last Ann Arbor tournament and we were playing at Delfino plaza. The part of the stage with water in the middle (but you can still walk) and small walls on either side of the water when it began.

Marth was against the wall and I auto-cancel fAir'd him (the 'gimp' knee), then jabbed, then fAir'd him, then jabbed and continued this trend for around 40-50% before the stage started to change. I then ran around the room excited asking if anyone had seen this and a few people were laughing and saying yeah maybe you found a falcon infinite.
It looked like he was hit-stunned the whole time...

I don't know if the same results can be achieved with a simple jab lock, but I'm going to work on uploading a video and testing more on this...any help would be appreciated, including telling me I'm dead wrong or that this is useless.

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure you could do two or 3 jabs but I would jab him once, then gimp knee (he never tripped but I don't think it would matter if he did)).

I'm about to try it out as well, but the best way to test is to have a friend try to DI out of it, although marth couldn't even uB out of it, which is why I considered it a lock. Research!

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
I'm sure you could do two or 3 jabs but I would jab him once, then gimp knee (he never tripped but I don't think it would matter if he did)).

I'm about to try it out as well, but the best way to test is to have a friend try to DI out of it, although marth couldn't even uB out of it, which is why I considered it a lock. Research!
hmmmm.....

It looks very escapable after you have done the jab then you go to do the Flub'd knee. Not definite, but it looks it :S

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
OK I haven't tried replicating it since because I forgot it happened but I'm going to try it again...one sec

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Well, see if the frame count renders it inescapable. my progection is that it is escapade. Also i bet you could DI out of it.

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
OK I tried it at Shadow Moses and if the enemy trips they can't get out of it, if they don't trip it looks like they have a few frames to act (which would allow marth to do his uB) but I don't have another person around to test out if they can react.

If you auto-cancel the knee you may jump too high to hit them in time, so try not auto-cancelling in (fast-falled) onto them with it, I believe that's actually how I did it in the tournament. Anyone else interested in this or does it plain not work?

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
Well, see if the frame count renders it inescapable. my progection is that it is escapade. Also i bet you could DI out of it.
Thank you, I've been hoping someone who can count frames can help me out although, unfortunately, I believe it's escapable as well ! We'll see.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Terf needs to get over here so I can test this out, but hopefully Darxmarth is on it!

Ahh! about that. I have no idea how to count frames. And i can't test this out because my hand i broken in three places.

I'm guessing that this will only work untill about 45%.

Sorry man.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Saw this from the smash lab thread and decided to do some frame stuff myself.

The short of it is, this is NOT an infinite.

CFalcon's jab --> anything is not a true combo as they can jump/shield before anything else. Although, the weak knee(trip or no trip), if auto-canceled, does combo into the jab.

If you want more specific data just ask.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Saw this from the smash lab thread and decided to do some frame stuff myself.

The short of it is, this is NOT an infinite.

CFalcon's jab --> anything is not a true combo as they can jump/shield before anything else. Although, the weak knee(trip or no trip), if auto-canceled, does combo into the jab.

If you want more specific data just ask.
really, does it have to be AC to combo?

and also can it combo into anything else, like Ftilt or grab?

Kirk

Smash Champion
really, does it have to be AC to combo?

and also can it combo into anything else, like Ftilt or grab?
If the knee is not auto-canceled, the landing lag will make the window too large for Falcon to followup with anything.

Upon quick inspection, a grab does combo from a weak knee but an Ftilt does not.

Keep in mind this was tested against a wall, regarding the OP. Also, the character will have a slight factor...namely their size/weight, which might make them able to jump or escape the 'combo' quicker.

Roager

Smash Ace
Ayaz: I would expect a flub AC Knee (FACK?) to wall-combo into grab, but I'd question Ftilt, unless they tripped. But, a FACK wallcombo to grab, to fthrow, then SH bair... I dunno. Just spewing things now, but it raises some questions.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
To further the thread, against a wall, the following is a true combo at low percents.

1. Auto-Cancelled Weak Knee
2. Grab
3. Fthrow
4. Re-grab
5. Repeat

It stops working at higher percents because the opponent will simply bounce off the wall or be able to tech. To give you an idea, this works on Bowser until the late 40 percent range, and does not work on Jigglypuff.

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I was gone for a while guys.
Keep in mind to start the "combo" with a knee.

I'll try this against every character tomorrow with a friend but alas I don't don't time tonight!!! Thanks everyone for commenting on this idea, peace until tomorrow.

Ayaz: I would expect a flub AC Knee (FACK?) to wall-combo into grab, but I'd question Ftilt, unless they tripped. But, a FACK wallcombo to grab, to fthrow, then SH bair... I dunno. Just spewing things now, but it raises some questions.
---Yeah, I think that fTilt comes out too slow but again, it will be tested tomorrow : )

Top Bottom