• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashFest/Tournament In Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldGeezer666

Smash Journeyman
Hello There UK Smasher's

Myself,Willz And Probably Brado Will Be Doing A SmashFest/Tournament In Glenfield Leicester During Summer Holidays(Date To Be Confirmed)

We Hope To Get Maybe 20 To 30 Smashers There

Pricing Will Most Likely Be £5 To Participate In Each Tournament, So:
£5 For Brawl/Melee Singles
£5 Each For Brawl/Melee Doubles

We May Also Sell Some Food And Beverages at reasonable pricing

Housing May Be Possible In The Same Village As The Tournament But We Don't Know 100% As We Can Get It

There Are Bus's Running Every 15Mins From Leicester City Centre To Glenfield at the cost of £1.00(i think)
The Train Station is a short 7-10min walk to the bus stop

Being as this will likely be held at Willz local churches owned hall I will expect for you guys to be respectful and nice and keep the hall clean. Anyone messing about will be warned and maybe asked to leave if you fail to ignore the warnings.

bring your own controller (obv)

Updates,Dates And Address Of The Tournament Will Be Up Soon

NO JOHNZ

If There Is Any Questions Email us Or Add Us On Msn
pinni_@hotmail.co.uk
willzeh@hotmail.com
Willz Helped With Teh editing

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Shift is your friend Callum.

I will try and get this to be a two day event, with Brawl being one day, Melee being the other day with doubles tournaments for each game on the days.

Pricing will most likely be £5 to participate in each tournament, so;
£5 for Brawl/Melee Singles
£5 each for Brawl/Melee Doubles

Foods and Beverages will be reasonably priced.

This will most likely be held at my local churches hall in Glenfield. Glenfield is just out of the city of Leicester. You can either catch a short bus ride to Glenfield from the City, or take a Taxi from the train station (assuming most people will come via train) from up to £15.

B.Y.O.C! (Bring your own controller!)

Being as this will likely be held at my local churches owned hall I will expect for you guys to be respectful and nice and keep the hall clean. Anyone messing about will be warned and maybe asked to leave if you fail to ignore the warnings.

We should have 3 Wii's and 2 Gamecubes. If anyone wants to use Wiimote + Nunchuk I will be able to supply.

I'm hoping for this to be big!

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Ah, only 2 gamecubes? I can bring a set up if you like, Birmingham to Leicester isn't far at all.

Expect me to be coming to this, I've got Brado on MSN so i'll chat to him about it.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Ah, only 2 gamecubes? I can bring a set up if you like, Birmingham to Leicester isn't far at all.

Expect me to be coming to this, I've got Brado on MSN so i'll chat to him about it.
Brad doesn't even know about this yet haha. And he is hardly on MSN. So it would probably be better to contact me or Callum about this. :)

Kone

Smash Master
Willz and co - this clashes with a large UK smash tournament that ill be running in the easter holidays. Which will run the 11th or 19th weekend. Its a two day event,brawl and melee, with hosuing available for three nights. A thread already went up but was put aside until after the tournament coming up in birmingham in jan. Anychance u guys want to host another time? or possibly we sort out not hosting the same weekend :)

ps - its normally polite on these forums to wait till after the recent tourney thats currently posted had finished. Not having a go at u guys just letting u know why mine isnt about ^_^

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Yeah I just read about that in the Brawl thread Kone. I would rather do this in the Summer holidays as I believe more people will be able to come. So yerrrr.
I will try and come to yours as well Kone. =D

Kone

Smash Master
No problem man, summer slot is free so its all yours :). We usually have tournies every holidays and as i say its all free :). Glad your thinking of making it up to mine ^_^

Tamoo

Smash Master
If I can find transport from London to Leicester, I may think of coming to this.
Cant confirm anything until closer to the date tho, more specifically until after EDSter.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Once you get you get a date finalized I'm pretty much confirmed. I can also bring 3 setups for melee and 1 for brawl if you're struggling.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Once you get you get a date finalized I'm pretty much confirmed. I can also bring 3 setups for melee and 1 for brawl if you're struggling.
That would be pretty good, thanks :chuckle:.

One problem I may face though, is TV's. I only have 3 TV's I could spare at the moment (one being a 25" HDTV, an SDTV and an older one that might not even use SCART lol). I'm unsure if my Grandparents, Callum & Brad might be able to supply more TV's.

Urgh I'm getting way ahead of myself, this is half a year away, and not even 100% confirmed. :psycho:

Kone

Smash Master
This is along way away but im happy to see others willing to host tournaments in the UK. Good going, tis what the community desperately needs!

Kone

Smash Master
As has been discussed i think that any tourney that the UK warrans as being large enough for the smashboards community to attend in force should be melee and brawl. Serves the communitys longterm better

edit - charles if your closing other threads this maybe one that needs that? not being rude to willz etc but this tourney can be put as a up and coming tournament in the UK Thread like my own lol. Then remake a thread just after edster is done :)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
i agree with kone, we don't need to know before you haven't confirmed too well and it's a mile away. I say wait till you have just about 100% confirmed things then post it just after another tourney is finished. And keep it in the UK thread as upcoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom