• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sonic Glitch/Tech/Non-obvious move list & Gimp Guide *updated 2/16*

Browny

Smash Hater
In other news, I made an amazing discovery

We all know the 'You're too slow!' taunt has sonic smiling during the first part, then pulling a seemingly angry face during the final moments of the taunt. This is the same if you face left or right.

But If you face LEFT while doing the taunt, there is a single frame where he pulls an 'I am not amused' face

Browny

Smash Hater
nooo youre doing it wrong! you only need the face.

I WAS going to make it my signature... but my current one is too good :)

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Rofl

Cheers, I'll try it out when I can find the avatar I'm using atm on the avatar selection thing in case I want to change back

Edit: Hmm...I'm not sure if I like it or not

Another Edit: Changed my mind, I'll just stick with the original one xD

Regarding Dair, it's a good stage spike but it's also good for catching people off guard and making them accidently DI horizontally. It's a very good surprise edgeguard kill

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I saw your name, I thought this was locked O_o
--------------------------------
So I want to discuss. How come I never get punished for my Dash Attack. I always can juggle an opponent with it 3 or 4 times untill they realize they have to block. We should use Dash Attack more.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Fight better opponents I'm telling you.

The reason you can't get punished out of it is because your opponents are incompetant.

Let me break it down for you.

DA has a set distance for it's hitbox, the starting frames being the strongest, and the later frames being a weak hit.

If you do it when you're in front of them, they'll be too far away to punish you... however if you're doing it right next to them, they should've grabbed you.

Now apply it vice-versa, and you get the same results if you try to hit with the weaker hitbox... you either end up in front of them or behind them when DA finishes, and then they can follow up with a grab...

DA is good, but not something to be used often.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
It shouldn't be used as a direct approach against good opponents, but more as a punisher when you've baited something out.

Kinzer...Sonic looks so sad in your picture. :(

:roymelee:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Roy, these boards are not what they used to be I'll tell you that much.

I am also begining to think that Sonic only succeeds as a character because nobody besides Sonic mains want to take the time to fully analyze him, therefore he is in a good place... for now.

I even see posts that say some junk about ASC being a "punisher" move, and not as an approach?

One more thing... G2's Sonic kind of has that "...idiot..." expression while mine is just what you described Roy.

Try to stay on topic, or we'll get *****.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
That discovery phinzy mae is so epic. How early/late into it does is this frame?

Browny

Smash Hater
... i found it

anyway its in the very last frame before he turns around. so he smiles, looks angry, pulls that face and then resumes facing left again

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
You can stage spike with anything :x
I'm not going to add to everything "this is how you would stage spike with it." It's too intuitive :x

BTW: I think we should give a name to this newly discovered easter egg. Unfortunately, the only things I can think of at the moment are combinations of swear words and "steak."

Tucker!

Smash Rookie
Nice job twinkle toes, the thread is really nice and has helped me out alot, i owe alot to you man because i wouldnt know alot of the stuff i do if you hadnt put this thread together, keep up the good work brother

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
It was a lot more fun back when there was more to be discovered. But I'm glad it's still helping new Sonics out.

Browny

Smash Hater
ah yes... the good old days where there was a new AT every day

Wave smashing
dash throwing
dash walking
wave waveing
wash daving

it just kept on going :/

Tenki

Smash Hero
this just reminded me of that old thread that was posted during a wave of 'new techniques'.

The amazing twice-jump technique.

Browny

Smash Hater
OMG 2 posts ago my post count was exactly the same as tenki's, reversed

also Sonic needs a new AT to compete with the FLAMEDASH , something so amazingly awesome and useless at the same time, but enough warrant questions during matchup discussions when we disucss the power of such a technique....

or maybe not

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
ah yes... the good old days where there was a new AT every day

Wave smashing
dash throwing
dash walking
wave waveing
wash daving

it just kept on going :/
You forgot dash waving.

EDIT: And I forgot waving good-bye. I'll never forget the day I discovered that tech. I think I was 3 at the time. Brawl wasn't even out which is the most confusing part. Even more confusing is that it wasn't a tech, it was just a normal hand gesture. What the fuck were we talking about again?

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
I remember reading about Sonic's N-air -> jab lock, but I can't for the life of me find the info. While looking for Kirby's Falco costume lazer lock info I found M2K's thread on Falcoboards where he also lists Sonic's data soo while I know this is all repeated stuff if others are having as much trouble finding it as I did then I guess it's worth reposting it =/

also I might as well say this here too; here are the %s for Mario's Nair, and Sonic's Nair, to knock people over (Mario on left, Sonic on right)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's the %s for Mario's Nair, and Sonic's Nair, to knock people over (Mario on left, Sonic on right)

45 43 Bowser
44 42 DK
44 42 Snake
43 41 DDD
43 41 Charizard
43 41 Ganon
42 40 Samus
42 40 Wario
42 40 Yoshi
42 40 ROB
42 40 Ike
41 39 C.Falcon
41 39 Link
41 39 Wolf
40 38 Lucario
40 38 Ivysaur
40 38 Mario
40 38 Luigi
39 37 Sonic
39 37 Pit
39 37 Ness
39 37 Lucas
39 37 Diddy
38 36 Toon Link
38 36 ICs
38 36 Peach
37 35 Marth
37 35 Zelda
37 35 Sheik
36 34 Falco
36 34 Olimar
36 34 ZSS
35 34 Fox
35 33 Pikachu
35 33 Metaknight
35 33 Kirby
34 32 GW
34 32 Squirtle
32 31 Jigglypuff
---------------------------------------------
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162322

thespymachine

Smash Ace
I don't know if this has been stated already.
But if you start to dash and stop it right away, you can do a dash attack from the time you started the dash till the time Sonic stands completely upright. Which is a long time.

Just something I just noticed.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Orange_Soda_Man: data looks good, I'll have to experiment with Nair combo setups..... rawr.

and holy crap your initials are OSM which can be pronounced OSSOME.

caKe: yeah, both the initial-dash, and the "grind" (Sonic has his arms out like he's surfing lol) foxtrot state let you dash-attack, so you can also do DACUS as well, it's pretty sweet sometimes because they think you're all slowing down and then you zoom forward again.... miiiindgaaaamezzzz

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Yeah. MINDGAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMZZZZZZZZZZ.

Edit: I received an infraction for this? I was adding more mindgamez to infzy's mindgames. lol. Oh well.

Tenki

Smash Hero
it's some edge scraping thing.

Wolf sometimes does it with his side-B, where he like, side-B's, reaches the edge, but doesn't lock on and falls down while still being able to do any move.

That's basically what happened to you - you up-B'd by the edge, and the placement was right so you scraped the edge that certain way, and you got your up-B back.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
I've been playing with Sonic's DACUS for a couple of days now.

Back in the day, I thought it was worthless.

Now it seems otherwise.

I LOVE it.

I think it covers ground faster.

Right now, I can nail it with a 2/3 success rate.

Once get it as consistent as Instant Edgehug, I'm gonna abandon Hyphen smash completely.

DACUS moar.

Do it.

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I've been playing with Sonic's DACUS for a couple of days now.

Back in the day, I thought it was worthless.

Now it seems otherwise.

I LOVE it.

I think it covers ground faster.

Right now, I can nail it with a 2/3 success rate.

Once get it as consistent as Instant Edgehug, I'm gonna abandon Hyphen smash completely.

DACUS moar.

Do it.

I've been doing this since the start. DACUS right when the match starts can throw an opponent off.

Although, admittingly, DACUS and hyphen smash both have apps that forces you to choose between which ones to do.

I use DACUS for long range, HS for miniscule ranges and the like.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
I always do that in the first match of a set. lol

Yes they're both suited for different situations.

But I find that if the opponent is close enough for HS, then there are actually better options (spinshot > bair/spring, ASC, Grab).

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
It looked to me like he could HA too, which is the same damage but with more followup possibilities.

Top Bottom