• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas on the new tier list...

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
lol i forgive u kev...
sorry about getting so worked up.. i dont even main lucas lol.
and i'm not responding to anymore mario/lucas arguements and thus wont respond to judge judy (you brought up good points by the way)
i think it's dumb to argue who's the better bad character =]
and yes lets change the subject: where has livan been?? he's pretty good at defusing these kind of situations
EDIT: wow livan has alot of friends lol

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Mario may be better in the matchup, but Lucas is a better character overall.

Better projectile game, better anti-projectile game(this is against the Top and High Tiers), much much better recovery. Mario has better air priority.

Their killing ability is ability seems about equal.

Lucas is a fundamentally better character.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Better projectile game, better anti-projectile game(this is against the Top and High Tiers), much much better recovery. Mario has better air priority.
You're going to have to explain this to me because you can cape all projectiles, fireball is good for controlling approach and can directly setup other moves, and FLUDD is weird.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Mario may be better in the matchup, but Lucas is a better character overall.

Their killing ability is ability seems about equal.

Lucas is a fundamentally better character.
his anti projectile game isn't better. Psi magnet startup lag is bad. he can't absorb falco's lasers fast enough or wolf's blaster, fox's blaster, and pit's arrows effectively. He also can't reflect any non-absorbable projectile, without using fsmash. That is a problem, as it causes him to diminish his most valuble killing move. fsmash also can't handle the likes of TL/Link projectile spam. He can't fsmash grenade after it bounces once, because it will blow up in his face. i don't agree that his anti-projectile game is better. mario can just cape crap.

projectile game seems pretty equal. fireball can be used for, spacing setups and gimps. pk fire for spacing and recovery.

For everything else, I agree.

Edit: funny how Judge judy and I both disagreed with you on the same points.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
NO!

No more nitpicking over which one's better. Seriously, what end game is there in this situation? Neither party is going to sway their opinion.

Seriously, someone get the Bat Livan Signal up in here.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
NO!

No more nitpicking over which one's better. Seriously, what end game is there in this situation? Neither party is going to sway their opinion.

I agree; we've quarreled enough as it is anyway.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
NO!

CANT U GUYS SEE THIS FIGHTING IS TEARING US APART?!?!

Anyone who comes onto this thread and reads this post listen up: No more Lucas v Mario posts please.
anyone who posts something regarding Lucas v Mario will hav to deal with the Wrath otherwise known as Rope Snake

lil cj

Smash Lord
This thread got busy today...lol
The point of it was to show Lucas' tier placement and figure out why he dropped:)

livan

Smash Apprentice
..a guys ..well please stop to fighting for that ....sigh....listen every character have a good and bad things is just to see the good things than you like to use your character and how you feel with that in some times will be lose but if you enjoy the time to play and to use the character and the friendly match you ...don't be feel bad if you lose because you have a fair and good friendly match and you enjoy it no matter who win i feel all won for that so be happy guys o...i forgot ...the important of the thread is for that for talk to the character but please don't say a bad things about others characters ok you won't win anything with that ok ...come on please end with that ....sigh...ok
n_n

livan

Smash Apprentice
..a well i see that all have calm is good that i don't like to you guys fight , im happy for that you calm down ok and thanks Neon Ness
n_n

M-GOD

Smash Rookie
.... How THE HELL is Mario higher than Lucas. Who plays Mario!? If there was a Dr. Mario in brawl sure, but plain old mario... he seems to average to me.

Lol at C.Falcon

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
^^^
its not trolling if its true

and M-GOD, this discussion ended awhile ago. but mario combos better, survives a bit longer, and can gimp either MotherChild easily.

lil cj

Smash Lord
.... How THE HELL is Mario higher than Lucas. Who plays Mario!?
lol...thats what I thought too....but Mario is actually quite popular and more people play him than Lucas...Lucas is at the bottom of list when it comes to people that use him.
Its sad but true:(

Cloake

Smash Cadet
Hey gaiz, I hear that portly italian plumbers are better than the indigo children, is this true?

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
please read the previous pages before posting a mario/lucas comment. we've already spoken about this.
mario is a better fighter, lucas has a better recovery.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Lucas also has better hair.

:sonic: :lucas:

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well...Ness and Mario would have massive hat hair.
Hat hair = no good.
But Lucas...his hair is like a majestic lion mane.

As for the tier list at hand...Ness should be above Lucas for sure, but that doesn't mean Lucas is trash...
I think he's just immensely held back by the "Deadly 4".

As for Mario...well...I won't go into that here. Let's just say...

:mario: MAMA MIA!

:093:

Cloake

Smash Cadet
Is Lucas just gimped too easily by them or something? I find it hard to believe that Lucas can't win tourneys.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
i'm not touching on Ness vs Lucas either.

Cloake: Lucas and Ness are to easily gimped by mario's down b.
Also, look at the deadly four thread. those are one of the many reasons lucas cant win tourneys

Cloake

Smash Cadet
i'm not touching on Ness vs Lucas either.

Cloake: Lucas and Ness are to easily gimped by mario's down b.
Also, look at the deadly four thread. those are one of the many reasons lucas cant win tourneys
Ain't that what zap jump is fer?

I read the other thread you mentioned, and it just seems like there's not enough Lucas players learning the meta is all.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
zap jump helps, but mario's down b still pushes you away. if u try to PKT, he can hit u with a few u-airs to get you away and then get u with his down b again.
and i think his nair might make PKT dissappear.

you hav a postive outlook=]
but the deadly four's game just shuts us down right now.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
zap jump helps, but mario's down b still pushes you away. if u try to PKT, he can hit u with a few u-airs to get you away and then get u with his down b again.
and i think his nair might make PKT dissappear.
FLUDD can also "out prioritize" (FLUDD's priority is wacky...) the PKT projectile when it's about half charged.

livan

Smash Apprentice
...a well maybe can't won a tourney for the moment but they are a good characters so maybe if they will be use it to a diferent form can won so is a don't give up and try it no metter what so animo lucas user's animo ness user's animo for all characters user's animo animo animo ok
n_n

Top Bottom