• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UW MELEE all Dailee Regional tourney-SEATTLE FEB 28

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
"unfortunately, our original choice of UW venue has been canceled due to this tourneys non-UW affiliation. We can no longer hold the tourney at the UW, with or without entry fee. We will be moving the venue to pierce college (sylers location), as it is the quickest and cheapest way to solve this issue. the times will be changed to 12-10pm. We apologize for the large inconvenience we know this may cause some of you, but we still want to have a great tourney. if you can no longer make it, please let us know"
9401 Farwest Dr SW
Lakewood, WA 98498
February 28th Noon-10PM *CONFIRMED*
Rules
Type: 1v1, 2v2, low tier
Time Limit: 8 Minutes
Items: Off
Stock: 4
Pause: Players' Choice

Tournament Format:
Double Elimination: 2/3. 3/5
Pools: Random(if large enough turnout)
Bracket: Random(or pool ranked seeded by location)
Losers Bracket: Random
Tie Breaker: Stock->Percentage->Sudden Death

Dave's Stupid Rule 1v1,2v2, low tier: Cannot select the last stage that you won on in any given set

1v1
Entry: $5
Pot Prizes: 55, 25, 10-10 to venue

Neutral Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshis Story, Dreamland, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams
Banned Stages: Hyrule Temple, Onett, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Venom, Yoshi's Island, Mushroom Kingdom I, Mushroom Kingdom II, Termina Bay, Yoshi's Island64

2v2
Team Attack: On
Lifesharing: Allowed
Entry: $6(team)
Pot Prizes: 55, 25, 10-10 to venue

Neutral Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshis Story, Pokemon Stadium, Dreamland
Banned Stages: Hyrule Temple, Onett, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Venom, Yoshi's Island, Mushroom Kingdom I, Termina Bay, Yoshi's Island64, Mute City, Fountain of Dreams

Low Tier
Entry: $2
Pot Prizes: 80, 15-5 to venue

Neutral Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshis Story, Dreamland, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams
Banned Stages: Hyrule Temple, Onett, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Venom, Yoshi's Island, Mushroom Kingdom I, Termina Bay, Yoshi's Island64
Selectable Characters in Low Tier: Link, Pikachu, Young Link, Roy, Zelda, Mr. Game & Watch, Ness, Yoshi, Bowser, Mewtwo, Kirby, Pichu

Procedure
1. Players need to come to an agreement of chairs, controller slots, character color(dittos/teams), initial character selections, and banned stages, and whether the pause option is turned on or off.
1a. Each player selects one stage from the neutral stages and one from the available counter picks. Neutral stage bans must be declared before the start of the first match but counter pickable stages may be declared after the first loss but before the winner selects their character.
1b. If the players cannot come to an agreement on any of the above things then they will be decided with an official coin toss done by a referee(except character selection).
2. Each player selects their character.
2a. Initial character selection can either be honor based or either competitor can call for a double blind in which each person secretly tells their character to a referee.
3. Players agree upon an opening stage or select random if even one player of the possible 4 calls for a random stage selection
4. The match begins and players play until all stock is gone or time runs out.(tie breaker)
4a. Players may not use tactics that immobile another player by keeping them from operating their character(metwo's soul stunner, wobbling, unplugging their controller, etc)
4b. Excessive stalling will not be tolerated(peach bomber, rising pound, ledge infinites, etc) and will result in immediate disqualification of that match; however, they may be used for recovery purposes and avoidance of damage for short periods of time.
5. After the match the loser may ban a cp stage, declare the next stage that is not on the ban list, and then the winner selects their character and the loser follows.
6. This format is followed until the appropriate number of matches are won by either team/player with the exception of banning a stage after you have already done so.
7. Players shake hands, give dap, show respect for their opponent, proceed to report the winner to a judge, and if necessary their next match.

*Cheating of anykind will not be Tolerated*
Suspicion of cheating may lead to disiplinary actions

Cheating consists of doing anything to gain an UNfair advantage. This includes controller mods other than cosmetic, sabotage, reporting false winnings, bribery, asking other players to sandbag to better seed you in the tournament, threatening other players, action replays, gamesharks, hacks of anykind(other than wave :-) dashing)​

General Rules and Regulations
1. During scheduled warm-up periods the winner stays and the loser must get up, unless no one else tries to get nexties.
2. In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed, unless it was almost over and there was a clear winner.
3. Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion.
4. Play your tournament matches before friendlys so the tournament is not waiting on you
5. Judges have the right to DQ anyone who is not present when its time for their match to begin; let an official know if you have to go somewhere. (5mins after match announced or DQ)
6. Be On Time-We are gonna try and do this tourney in set rounds.

Inspiring Words from KAOS​
1. Be Respectful-Respect everyones' space, feelings, skill, and personal belongings.
2. No Johns-Nobody wants to hear you complain about anything. It takes away from the matches and makes you look like a little *****.
3. Have Fun-Melee is about sitting down, having a good time, and getting better.
4.Perform at your Best-Try your hardest that way you have no regrets.

AIB Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=4578

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Official Thread-REGISTRATION @ 11!! Closes @ Noon!!!

Please confirm your entry ASAP so we can get numbers
Confirmed List
  1. Eggz%
  2. Toph
  3. ThePrime
  4. NGTM
  5. RAJA
  6. Dusl
  7. Emel
  8. KCID
  9. Ka-Master%
  10. Zerostar.hx
  11. Dj-Combo%
  12. 1080
  13. Jmlee337
  14. Kaos
  15. Rohins
  16. Syler
  17. Banana
  18. Silent Wolf%
  19. Vista
  20. Aftermath
  21. Zel
  22. Emo$
  23. Master C
  24. Help!
  25. Alvin*
  26. Bladewise%
  27. EoGrim
  28. Grunt
  29. Ppa0
  30. Keeper*
  31. Kamaji*
  32. C!Z
  33. Hennerz*
  34. Onisseshomaru
  35. Vulcan55
  36. EHX
  37. J.B.
  38. DPS
  39. Jnet
  40. Chip*
  41. Deva*
  42. CSBrokaw
  43. Derick*
  44. Oreo
  45. Derilink%
  46. Erk
  47. Jumpfreak
  48. L33T
  49. Brian the Lion*
  50. Carlos*
  51. Zeionuts(brother)
  52. Juce
  53. Mars*
  54. Baloon%

* Have expressed interest and will most likely attend!!!
Orange Out of stater
% Beast Mode(High chance of placing)
Please help with tvs, vcrs, setups (gc, mem card, melee)
Equipment Issue

Kaos-1 Full, 1 tv, 2 vcr
Toph-3 Full
Sylar-1 Full
Dj combo-1 Full
Eggz-1 Cube

Contacts
Kaos-(253) 306-0912
Vishous-(206) 819-3452
Toph-(808) 352-1086
Syler-(360) 485-2075

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=4578

Eggz

Smash Hero
put the date in the title and edit the ruleset to first post.
dont have a $4 entry.
choose something theres a bill for.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Good **** it's about f**king time you goes threw one. Oh and i like the double banning on netural and counterpick stages i always wanted to try that out :p.

Dusldorf

Smash Rookie
yo, everybody come to this. I WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE WHEN YOU LOSE TO GANON.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Cept me when i kick your ***!!! you and everyone at uw... cept for Prime cuz he's a f**ker with samus and idk how to fight her x_X (yeah i called all you at uw at wanna fight about it!?) lol

I'll be there fo sho, but you probably already knew that.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
wat about 2 $2 bills
ummm so like is that a serious question lol. I was making the previous amounts cheaper just so ppl will come and play for the sport of the game. They did make a two dollar bill and they do exist smartass lol. but just give me two ones lol. I dont think that the side tourney should be as much as the main ones so well leave that one at two.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
haha m3 is not afraid of ganon at all lol. break yo self foo. but real **** tho dusl ill mm your ganon either in a "tourney" set or a set character random stage best 3/5.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Cept me when i kick your ***!!! you and everyone at uw... cept for Prime cuz he's a f**ker with samus and idk how to fight her x_X (yeah i called all you at uw at wanna fight about it!?) lol

u little ****. ill money match ur *** too lol. m2 fox/falco/falcon lets go best 2/3 1$

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
<3

If i got the money i'll mm all of fdt

and we need a crew battle x_X
thats legit haha. We will probably do crews if we have crews there u kno.

can u believe these moderators and **** this ho came thru gave me an infraction for double posting on my own thread about my ****ing tourney. just like the ****ing police. mess wit the black ppl while white ppl are robbin banks and ****

Syler

Smash Journeyman
They would do that wouldn't they lol

Btw i think i already know who's going to be in my crew o_0 should be like 4-5 of us hopefully and we're going fdt, to fdt (mike haze pun)!!!!

Eggz

Smash Hero
kline stop triple posting. it makes you look like an idiot, and people don't come to tournaments where the director is an idiot.
add the date to the title.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
WE have the room waitlisted for feb 28 noon-midnight

im meeting with the RD to confirm tomorrow so I should kno by 2 30pm tomorrow.

Im gonna call dominoes to see if we can get them to pretty much sell all the pizza to us. If we got a deal on larges maybe we could ****ing like sell them a dollar a slice and it would just pay for pizza and $0.50 for soda. I think this can be hot mayne

Dusldorf

Smash Rookie

Good thing our MMs aren't online or you wouldn't be talkin' **** mmmmmToasty

Eggz

Smash Hero
pick a new date kline, Overture 2 is on this date and I'm going to that. (as is most of BC. They won't come down cuz they already have a tourney on this date)

ThePrime

Smash Lord
It's either we have it feb 28th or march 7th. March 14th is the weekend before finals week, and march 21st is in spring break where people are going to be doing other things. In terms of a turnout, I'm sure some that some random students would enter too because of the date and this would add to the $ pot.

I would REALLY like it to be on the 28th. Besides, kline, didn't you already have the room registered for 28th anyway?

Dusldorf

Smash Rookie
I've got jungle jape johns =/

Anyways i haven't seen your *** in a while where the hell have you been?
ive been around, but not on fridays typically. usually i show up at the place between monday and thursday. lol @ jungle japes.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
It's either we have it feb 28th or march 7th. March 14th is the weekend before finals week, and march 21st is in spring break where people are going to be doing other things. In terms of a turnout, I'm sure some that some random students would enter too because of the date and this would add to the $ pot.

I would REALLY like it to be on the 28th. Besides, kline, didn't you already have the room registered for 28th anyway?
I have it waitlisted and meet with the RD tomorrow to confirm the room booking. so its pretty much set. It would be nice to get responses from ppl when u ask about dates. after the 7th wont work at all cuz uw is busy with finals and stuff and then break is bad timing as well.

Id rather schedule the 28th for tomorrow. try to do something about changing the date of overature 2 cuz Flatzone is the 7th so same problem.

Mutant Mell

Smash Rookie
Posting in an epic thread.

Hi FDT! Hi Smash Boards! Why don't you come to our fun little tournament! We'll bribe you with candy if it comes to that!

Top Bottom