• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The worst represented character?

The L Man

Smash Cadet
Which character in all of the Smash Bros games would you say has THE worst representation of what they should be? I'm gonna have to go with Samus above every other character since she is so classic and very important to Nintendo's character line-up.

REALLY? Who designed Samus for these games? Have they even played Metroid?! I want to seriously cry about it... It's not that people can't wreck with her, it's that NONE of Samus' moves are faithfully represented from her games... When does she really use a flame thrower? When do you ever use so many melee attacks in a Metroid game? When does she jump up and use an inverted drill kick? That looks ********! Why can't she use ball form more like she can in her games? When does her charge beam EVER look like it does in Smash Bros? Why are her missles so useless? Why don't we get ice beam or nova beam or ANYTHING FROM HER GAMES? Come to think of it, WHY DOESN'T SHE HAVE HER PED SUIT OR ANY OF HER SUITS FROM HER GAMES!!!!???? Link, Zelda, and Gannon all have their Twilight Princess look, why doesn't Samus have her Corruption look? It's a simple costume change! Why can't she use Phazon??? Her grapple beam should damage shields like it actually does or even drain energy like it actually does. Her final smash should be Hyper Mode if anything!

HOLLLLY CRRRAP I CAN'T STAND IT!!!! WHY IS SHE SOOOOO SLOW????? WHHYYYY???!!! Have you ever played Super Metroid? She's so fast that she can RUN THROUGH WALLS! She's also very acrobatic, especially in the Prime series! I mean, she wears an organic suit of armor built by the most powerful race of beings in the universe!!! Why would it make her slow? She has Chozo blood and Metroid DNA in her body and she has the X Parasite and she's freakin laced with phazon!!!

Nintendo, WHY? I'm gonna write and publish a book just about how annoyed I am with Samus NOT being Samus in Smash Bros... I mean the game sells more than anything on earth, you could at least rep your characters right...

The L Man

Smash Cadet
HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! Wow.... That's... that's on point...

Seriously... why can't Gannon use magic? You know, like he does?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Design a moveset for Samus which features Aerial attacks, then we can talk about mercy again.

They had to make up moves for pretty much every character featured in Smash Bros., a series which is NOT meant to be canon. It's meant to be a game featuring the most iconic characters from Nintendo.
Look at Captain Falcon. If he was like he appears in his games, then he'd always be in the Blue Falcon and only leave it for Victory Poses.
Look at Zelda. If she was like in the games, she'd NEVER DO ANYTHING.
Look at R.O.B.. If he was like he really was, he'd only staple up blocks and spin gyros.

The L Man

Smash Cadet
Design a moveset for Samus which features Aerial attacks, then we can talk about mercy again.

They had to make up moves for pretty much every character featured in Smash Bros., a series which is NOT meant to be canon. It's meant to be a game featuring the most iconic characters from Nintendo.
Look at Captain Falcon. If he was like he appears in his games, then he'd always be in the Blue Falcon and only leave it for Victory Poses.
Look at Zelda. If she was like in the games, she'd NEVER DO ANYTHING.
Look at R.O.B.. If he was like he really was, he'd only staple up blocks and spin gyros.

Yeah I hear ya. I mean, they didn't do a terrible job, I just think they could have tried harder after three games and still not getting it right.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I think they kept Samus similar to what she was in Smash 64 because if they changed the moveset too much, they'd have to get a replacement for her old 'set - otherwise the fans would be upset.
Think of it, the most major change to any moveset before was a handful of single minor moves (Peach's UTilt, Bowser's SideB, Kirby's Dash Attack). The only major change happened to Mario, who got the FLUDD as his Down B and the Mario Tornado as DAir instead. Otherwise, the characters are pretty much the same as they were in their first appearances.

Besides, I think it's good as it is, because like this, the characters aren't that bland. If I already know what a character does because everything is like the games they appeared in, it's imo slightly boring.

Also, about "Gannon":
http://gannon-banned.com/#gannon

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Jiggs- All she really has is sing...
ROB- He's a stupid NES add-on. All he could do is rotate and move gyros.
Ice Climbers- Sakurai just slapped on this moveset. You can't represent Ice Climbers at all when you think of it.

Geist

Smash Master
Because if Samus was faithfully represented, she would snack on metaknights.

Alot of characters are poorly represented, but that's because a lot of Nintendo characters don't actually do anything.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Metroid has one of the fastest game play I've ever seen.

And then you have Samus with SLOOOOW AS **** aerial horizontal movement and you just facepalm.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: *gasps* :laugh::laugh::laugh:

That is hilarious!

Overall worst represented character hmmm?

64: Link. He was terrible: couldn't save himself even when he tried...

Melee: Mewtwo. The most powerful Pokemon of them all is one of the worst characters in the game?! What's up with that?! Mewtwo in the Pokemon games and in it's movie is stronger than Chuck Norris for crying out loud!

Brawl: TP Ganondorf. Sure, OoT didn't give much material for Ganondorf's moveset outside of 2 energy attacks, but TP gave a wide berth for making Gonodorf his own character, and it was ignored, making his sword into a taunt to frustrate the player. (See Picture above...)

Overall, I'm gonna have to say Mewtwo... at least Gonondorf is STRONG...

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I think the only one that could be represented fairly are PT and pikachu. Since they are already meant for fighting, finding moves for them shouldnt be too hard

Riku00

Smash Ace
I don't remember Zelda ever being playable in the series. And dins fire, nayru's love, farores wind were all moves that Link used on his quest to save Zelda.
I also don't ever rememer Link Kicking in the LoZ either.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I think the only one that could be represented fairly are PT and pikachu. Since they are already meant for fighting, finding moves for them shouldnt be too hard
This. Read the description on Mewtwo's Brawl trophy. Something about "Radically hightened combat abilities..."

Too bad Sakurai didn't have time to finish Mewtwo and add Sonic...

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Ummm Ike

No contest.

In Fire Emblem Ike is faster than guys on dragons. When Ike does Aether in Fire Emblem he gains health with the both hits. Ike doesn't ever ever ever do eruption or great aether. Ike doesn't have his lord costume. And IKE DOESN'T FIGHT FOR HIS FRIENDS!!!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I understand that moves have to made up when resources run dry, but when there is plenty of stuff to use and it's ignored, that ticks me off. Best examples of this are Ness, Lucas, Samus, Toon Link, Ganondorf (as we all know), and Ike.

Kais3000

Smash Cadet
Think of it, the most major change to any moveset before was a handful of single minor moves (Peach's UTilt, Bowser's SideB, Kirby's Dash Attack). The only major change happened to Mario, who got the FLUDD as his Down B and the Mario Tornado as DAir instead. Otherwise, the characters are pretty much the same as they were in their first appearances.
I point you towards Falco, good sir.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Samus is actually pretty well represented, compared to Falcon or the space animals.
Well the latter four can be justified since there wasn't a whole lot to derive from.

Ice!

Smash Apprentice
I think Samus, in comparison from the real one, she's nothing in the Smash series.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
If Zelda were represented properly her Dtilt would be "summon Link to kill people," her Side-B would be "send Impa to summon Link to kick a$$," her Nair would be "call Link in a dream to come defeat bad people" and... well you kinda get the picture.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Definately Mewtwo and Luigi.

Since when did the best pokemon in the game become so... sucktacular? And for christ's sake, he weighs like 200 pounds, how is he light? :s He doesn't even learn Teleport >_>. Should've gave him Psychic for his b-up, at least it makes sense >_> .

Luigi's jump doesn't produce fire and he can't do anything related to being a missile. And since when do Luigi and Mario throw fireballs and jump so high?

If anyone can't tell, I'm being sarcastic O_o

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Speaking for my main, I have to say Roy (yes I know this is the GBD but oh well suck it). None of his moves are represented, besides the fact that he has a sword that can go on fire. there's none of his healing abilities in there, and lol @the sweetspot coming out of a game where you don't even control how the character fights. I mean at least C. Falcon has Falcon Punch (which was from all of one anime show) LOL. But seriously, the worst are Roy, C. Falcon, Ganon, Marth, Luigi, ICs, and Jigglypuff. The spacies are pretty bad too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I remember before Brawl came out the (Melee) Ganondorf mains were thrilled to find Ganondorf with the same moveset as melee...

I wonder if they are still just as thrilled with him in Brawl...

I really wanted him to gain his own moves, etc. Maybe he should be the heavy swordsman instead of Ike.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't remember Zelda ever being playable in the series. And dins fire, nayru's love, farores wind were all moves that Link used on his quest to save Zelda.
I also don't ever rememer Link Kicking in the LoZ either.
Obviously some moves HAVE to be made up. And technically, Zelda does fight in the old T.V. show as well as the CD-i games, not to mention she almost did some fighting in Twilight Princess.

Zelda was always a spellcaster, so giving her the OoT spells was actually a nice nostalgic move. I thought she was represented well enough considering the available tools, being not much. Atleast her Final Smash is quite appropriate. I'd just rather Sheik had her own(like Zero Suit Samus does).

The Falcon Punch originated in Smash and was then used in the Anime, people. In addition, some of the space animals moves were appropriate representation of normal abilities from the game. All their Side B's were basically Boosts. The Lasers should be a given. The Reflectors are more or less Silver Rings...atleast for the first two games. Wolf's is a bit more original, using a backpack emitter.

While a lot of moves aren't used in canon by Samus, her special moves seem accurate enough for me. There's no question that the Charge Shot is a bit different, but the rest work fine. I admit that the Flamethrowers are a bit wierd, but they give her more versatility. Not to mention, her kicks are more or less about her being raised by birds. Talons are pretty much human feet, so it makes sense to have some strong kick attacks.

Ness and Lucas can be the biggest offenders, since even their final smash is a terrible representation of their abilities. I also move that some of Pokemon Trainer's moves could've been a bit better, but they work.

For those who said Jigglypuff can only sing, that's not true. The only move that she has that makes no sense is Rest, since it doesn't have that kind of super knockback and heals her instead. Other than that, she knows Pound and Rollout, and learns them naturally(well, Rollout's not in the first games...of both Pokemon and Smash, huh.).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
While a lot of moves aren't used in canon by Samus, her special moves seem accurate enough for me. There's no question that the Charge Shot is a bit different, but the rest work fine. I admit that the Flamethrowers are a bit wierd, but they give her more versatility. Not to mention, her kicks are more or less about her being raised by birds. Talons are pretty much human feet, so it makes sense to have some strong kick attacks.

Ness and Lucas can be the biggest offenders, since even their final smash is a terrible representation of their abilities. I also move that some of Pokemon Trainer's moves could've been a bit better, but they work.

For those who said Jigglypuff can only sing, that's not true. The only move that she has that makes no sense is Rest, since it doesn't have that kind of super knockback and heals her instead. Other than that, she knows Pound and Rollout, and learns them naturally(well, Rollout's not in the first games...of both Pokemon and Smash, huh.).
I think Samus' flamethrower could've been replaced by the ice beam. Basically, it'd act like it does now, but there's a chance for a freezing effect.

Ness and Lucas are indeed one of the biggest offenders. Ness uses only one PSI move he actually learned, Flash, and Lucas doesn't learn any of the stuff he uses either. Ness and Lucas could probably be replaced, with some modifications, by their partners Paula and Kumatora because of the stuff they took from them.

As for Jigglypuff's rest, I think that was meant to be lethal joke move. You're supposed to think it's useless.

.CMW.

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf.

"Hey guys, who cares that Ganondorf has tons of games to base moves off of, lets take Captain Falcon's moveset (one we completely made up anyway) and give it to a bearded man that has gained 300 lbs and has Alzheimers. AMIRITE?!?"

Whatthehell?

.CMW.

mith132

Smash Apprentice
I would say the space animals. Seriously, the only games where space animals go on foot (as far as i am aware...and im not that aware) is Star Fox Adventures, and Assault and Fox used a staff! The only "matching" move would be the blaster.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
In Fire Emblem Ike is faster than guys on dragons. When Ike does Aether in Fire Emblem he gains health with the both hits. Ike doesn't ever ever ever do eruption or great aether. Ike doesn't have his lord costume. And IKE DOESN'T FIGHT FOR HIS FRIENDS!!!
The first 2 sentences are true. However, wasn't aether also a long range move too like as in you could attack an enemy who was 1 space away from you like those units who wielded magic? Technically, they should have made it something like Kirby's ^B move. With your third point, they only did that so they could supposedly 'settle down' angry Roy fans. However, that didn't work. Actually TBH, I think Roy fans are STILL angry and now Ike fans are angry as well because of moves like that which don't represent Ike at all. Also, since when did he use any fire based moves? I thought that he was of the Earth/Ground affinity. I know that doesn't affect moves in FE, but still, Ike doesn't have the fire affinity so how can he do that? I think the producers tried too hard to dress Ike up into Roy for this game which failed completely. Doing that only made more people angry on both ends.

I don't ever remember Link Kicking in the LoZ either.
I don't remember Link being able to jump at ALL in LoZ series. He could only do it by walking over ledges, he could never do it on his own free will.

If Zelda were represented properly her Dtilt would be "summon Link to kill people," her Side-B would be "send Impa to summon Link to kick a$$," her Nair would be "call Link in a dream to come defeat bad people" and... well you kinda get the picture.
I lol'd. :laugh: However, she still should be able to wield light arrows though. That's probably the only attack she'll have. Too bad it's in the form of her final smash so she practically useless in battles where there are no items allowed. Although, didn't she have a sword in Z:TP? Meh, that sword would probably become a taunt as well. Like Ganondorf's sword did. Man, how dumb could the producers possibly be? This is a question even I can't answer...

Top Bottom