• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Falcon Championship

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
From OUGA, the creators of the Ultimate Falcon Match and Ultimate Falcon Match II...
THE ULTIMATE FALCON CHAMPIONSHIP

The world's (possibly) first Captain Falcon only tournament!
Presented by http://originalupholdersofthegamingarts.com.

Date: February 20st, 2009. (The night before Love's Last Stand)

Location: Ohio University, Athens OH. Morton 127. Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....097032&spn=0.008383,0.019312&z=16&iwloc=addr

Hotels in the area: http://hotel-guides.us/colleges/ohio/ohio-university.html

Mission: To see who is the greatest Captain Falcon player in all the land.

This tournament will be held the night before OUGA's Love's Last Stand tournament in the same location.
LLS thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217635

The Ultimate Falcon Rules:

* Captain Falcon only!

* 3 stock double elimination

* 8 minute timer

* Items set to "off" and "none"

* Bring your own controller. Those who do not comply will be forced to use the Wii Wheel.

* Stage selections will always be random

* Matches best of 2 of 3. Winners', Losers' and Grand Final are best 3 of 5.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be decided by Falcon Rock - Falcon Paper - Falcon Scissors.

* In the event of a dispute, Captain Falcon costume colors will be decided by Falcon Rock - Falcon Paper - Falcon Scissors.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned. Also, Metaknight is banned.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. After eight minutes, Captain Falcon himself will hunt the player down and personally Falcon Punch him into oblivion.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

* Stalling is banned. Any legal infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the Bowser player will be disqualified for not playing as Captain Falcon.

* I am NOT to be held liable for your horsing around, if someone is injured or there is some form of altercation I am not responsible for either party. Just because Falcon knees people in the face doesn't mean you should.

* Drugs and Alcohol are prohibited. Captain Falcon says drugs are for losers.

Doubles Rules

* Team Attack set to ON.

* Life stealing is allowed.

Stage list (always on random)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Mario Circuit
Green Greens

Registration starts at 9pm.
Singles tournament starts at 10pm.
Doubles starts later (if we have time).

Entry fee: $0

Prize: See next post...

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
The winner of the Ultimate Falcon Championship shall receive...
THE GOLDEN FALCON! (made of paper)

Golden Falcon crafted by Framerate.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
While it sounds like fun, I don't think Falcon dittos will decide who the best falcon is :(

T-800

Smash Apprentice
I have seen and held the Golden Falcon in person, and it is just as fantastic as you all have dreamed.

This event is by far the best thing we at OUGA have ever done or will ever do.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Dude, WTF? I totally printed out that sonic u have thar and I couldn't make it...

Also, that brown capt. falcon thing looks alright too.

Most likely one of my cars will be there for this.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Important rule:

should one falcon player go above 300%, he is allowed to turn the gamecube off, kick his opponent in the chest, and walk out. This will be referred to as a win.
another one that should have been in there:
should any falcon player use a taunt other than "show me your moves", he will be instantly DQ'd".

Top Bottom