• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*New date for Hamilton Ontario*, Single & Double SSBB - CASH TOURNEY. February 16th

KingAce

Smash Ace
he had to face culex 2nd round, lost a close set then played hype's mk i believe on delfino and lost on that coutnerpick.

Drekken

Smash Cadet
1: KingAce ($222.00)
2: Culex ($111.00)
3: Jasuke ($37.00)
4: Fool
5: AvariceX
5: Carter
7: Guru
7: Dl6
9: Hype
9: Phiddlesticks
9: Ulevo
9: Stix
13: NickCam
13: Joker
13: CoconutCommander
13: Shifu
17: PHO
17: Sliver
17: SRTM
17: Joey5
17: Zod
17: Iliad
17: DAN
17: Myst
25: Full Metal Wolf
25: :p
25: Razing_Zozo
25: Aztek
25: Drekken
25: Zero

I don't have doubles yet , I have to ask Zozo Doubles results.

Shoutouts:

Illiad: Thanks man for the help you provided me before the tournament, you were a big help sorry jasuke killed you... again rofl

Culex: You were our only hope :( but I am still going to make a killing on the Culex merchandise. Maybe you will allow me to make an action figure of you to sell in the centre??

Pho: your anguish sustains me

Jasuke: I hate statues because of you, god i hate statues...

KingAce: One of these days I will play you :/

:p : looks like we got to share 25th lol

Razing_Zozo: Pownz FTW ;) next time we will win rofl you can use the prize money to buy a controller.

To all participates: Hope you guys had fun , sorry it started late but i blame people calling to wait for them :p next time we will start earlier

P.S will make official results soon lol ; Next Tournament March 14th 2009

Ulevo

Smash Master
Pho, I understand that you're frustrated with how Fool played. I'm quite sure most of the players there were. But you have to understand that a tournament is play to win. Sometimes fun will be sucked out of it because it is play to win. You should be doing anything within the ruleset that you feel gives you the best chance for victory, and for your own reasons. If that happens to be doing nothing but SHDL to Phantasm (repeat), then so be it. Yes, it is frustrating, because aside from a few tactics a small handful of characters have, or counterpicking stages, there is literally nothing to stop it. But do what you can, alright?

Take it from the guy who got 2-0'd by him on an HD TV and came back to knock him into losers bracket, amirite?

Anyway, I'm going to assume there will be a results thread, if there isn't one already. So I'll post shout outs there. I'm going to bed, what a weekend. Night.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Shout outs, Lol.

Phiddlesticks: I hate you. If I had beaten you, I would have been able to beat Carter and then have a better chance for moving through losers after KingAce stomped me. Regardless, your Bowser is intense and really reminds me of a melee gimpy fish lol. That Up B out of shield was spot on and almost done to perfection. Next time you're getting rocked :D

Pho: You improved a ****load. But I still make people cream their jeans when we play our matches. PS, don't get angry at fool. Spammers are going to be all around, there's a diff between fool and erix. Erix literally did nothing but press B. Fool did spam, but he knew how to fight when the battle came in close. In higher levels of play (and trust me, you'll get there eventually) this is commonplace. So you need to not let this **** phase you so much. GGs in pools.

King Ace: LOL, having the #1 in ontario as my coach for some of the matches was dope. Def woulda lost against myst if you didn't suggest the character change. And you even had me win against Phiddle first match. And then, you left. And then, I got knocked into losers, LMAO. Grats on getting first, the crowd may have been cheering for Culex, but none of us doubted your win. We'll finish that Ganon vs ROB money match one of these days.

Jaske: THIRD ****ING TIME. Pownz is cursed. I -would- hate you, but I can't after watching you do that to Fool. GGs, next time there'll be less QQ and more pew pew.

Stix: You have a **** good snake and falco. Nothing flashy or stunning, straight ownage and to the point. I made a good choice for a doubles partner, and I'm looking forward to playing you/with you again (Maybe in brackets?) That brinstar Neutral Air was something out of Ally's movebook. So sex.

Myst: I didn't wanna play your metaknight, I was sincerely hoping for marth dittos in brackets. Unfortunately, life doesn't always give you what you want and I was stuck with an MK. For the record, you would have won the set if not for the nervous SDs in the first match, and I feel the pain there as I've done the same thing. Next time we play, we'll both be at top form and I'm looking forward to it.

DL6/MIK: Your ness makes me ****. I two stocked you the first match in pools, assumed you were bad. And then paid for it in the blood of smash characters. Lol. Next time, you won't be so lucky >.>

Culex: Cu-lex, Cu-lex, Cu-lex's the smasher for me, for me! Cu-lex, Cu-lex, Cu-lex's the smasher for me!

@ Ulevo, no results thread bro. This was never posted in Tourney Listings, so no Tourney Results thread

*Edit* Oh and I forgot.

Nickcam: Good matches in pools, especially Rainbow Cruise. That map was feeling more and more banworthy as it progressed lol. **** your armor frame wario fsmash, I totally thought I had that match.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Just wanted to give Phiddlesticks a big shoutout for doing so well at his first tourney.

Good games everyone. Sorry for lack of friendlies, i wasnt feeling well and really tired.
Nice tourney Pownz, great staff.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong. I know when I lost when I see it. But how can you consider yourself skillful, when you short hop double laser and forward B for 70% of your game? I've played Falco's that have beaten me serverely, but I respect them because THEY DIDN'T DO THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I'll accept your friendly when you admit your Falco game is spammy.
Lmfao, good thing I was sick yesterday...or you would have REALLY been pissed off. But seriously, good players get around "spam" or else at top level play there would just be Falcos and MK's just doing 1 move over and over.

EDIT: Mississauga brawl tourney might be back on? http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221861 Please post and show support.

DLSix

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know who Dl6 played? And did I mess up any of those characters? I want to add this to Ankoku's character rankings thread.

Shoutouts later.
I play Ness, also to Iliad, I wasn't playing anywhere near my best in the pools, thanks a bunch for the compliment. This was a fun time, I should come out to tournaments more often. :bee:

Jasuke annihilated me with ice climbers because I've NEVER faced a human controlled pair before... good experience. I learned a lot yesterday.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Shoutouts!

Pools

Ulevo - wtf 3-stock by PT. That was too good...luckily I got wise to how it happened before brackets.

CoconutCommander - I wanted to rep Ness for at least one game... but then I ran into a full-charged fsmash. GGs.

Fool - You play gay but who cares; you win. Everyone who wins plays gay, don't listen when people complain about it. GGs and grats on 4th.

Sheep - It sucks that you didn't make it through; our pool was kinda tough, the results were really close and honestly you probably would have made it out of any other pool. Also, don't counterpick Dedede to rainbow cruise >_>

Stix - I hate Snake dittos so much >_>. GGs though. C4 Sticky to double sticky switch on my D3 was too good.

I probably mixed a couple people up; I suck at remembering people.

Brackets

:p - Sorry I don't remember who you played first game. I'd recommend not picking Falcon against Snake though; sorry I camped so hard >_>.

Joey5 - You are incredibly chill. Seriously, I know you didn't have much experience but you have the perfect attitude for competitive play. I only wish I could be that cool after losing. I'm always stuck over-analyzing stupid mistakes I made during a game, but you just focus on the cool stuff which takes a lot of discipline to be that relaxed even after a loss. Pick up Snake; you said he was cool or something and honestly if you find him fun he's really good anyway so might as well play him. You had me scared with those spikes in the first game; good job getting as far as you did and GGs.

Ulevo - Those were some epic games. I'm so glad I managed to calm down and just play without getting frustrated when things went wrong. I feel kinda bad for camping so hard in game 2 but I did what I had to ><. The double taunt and crouch instead of down-b mistakes were dumb; I want to play that matchup against you again in friendlies without the free utilt + fsmash.

Culex - I took a game; I'm happy :). It felt weird having the epic crowd reaction to something I did for once...feels kinda good lol. I didn't know you played Falco, Now I know to ban JJ >_>. No experience with D3 on JJ + no experience vs Falco + you having a sick Falco = me getting 3-stocked. GGs, I'll try harder next time.

Fool -
You play gay but who cares; you win. Everyone who wins plays gay, don't listen when people complain about it. GGs and grats on 4th.
You've convinced me to refine my IC's. My D3/Snake are never going to get through that wall. I probably should have just stuck with Ness like I did in pools. GGs.

Everyone else

Pho - Fool plays gay but who cares; he wins. Everyone who wins plays gay, don't complain about it. It was cool talking to you though.

KingAce - Grats on another win - we still have never played friendlies, this needs to change. Ness vs D3 MM was tight; thanks for the pointers afterwords.

Guru, Zen, and Joker - You all suck, place higher next time.

G U R U

Smash Lord
Great tourney again Pownz. GG's to everyone I played.

I still can't believe Jaske made it that far. Nothing against him, it just surprised me when I 3-stocked him first round of brackets, then find out later that he still placed so well.

I'll beat KingAce one of these days. I have to train extra hard cus I'm not asian XD

Hype

Smash Lord
GG's everyone. I had a lot of fun and I'll be going to future events.

Edit: where do I find the videos (when they are uploaded). like what is the youtube account.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Over all this was a decent tournament. Not the best, not the worst, but there was certainly nothing overly wrong. I got there too late, and I had to leave way too early, however the staff were very accommodating. They allowed me to arrive later on time, and helped me out when I was being picky with television set ups. For that, I am very grateful and appreciative. I wish some other players could have stopped by, but then again I may have not made it out of brackets before leaving had that been the case. Anyways.

Fool: With some practice, I believe you could be a better Falco. You use an effective strategy, however you seem to rely on it. Either way, you do what it takes to win, and you took what Pho said pretty well. Good games, boring games... but still good. I'm glad I got off that HD and had my chance to knock you in to losers. I wasn't feeling that optimistic after being 2 - 0'd in pools.

Avarice: Good games man. You were probably the fourth Snake I had to fight, including when we fought in pools. You didn't make winning easy, and I underestimated you when I went Pokemon Trainer. Next time I'll remember to not fumble up on my mistakes, and have a clearer and more consistent style.

Illiad You sir were Dojo'd. By like... the whole pool. :laugh: But it was nice to talk with you, and I can tell your Marth is solid. I'm very experience with Marth, so if you need advice I may be able to give you a tip or two. Nice to meet you, see you at the next tournament.

Stix: Thank you for the ride to the station. It made my ride home go smoother, and I do appreciate the help.

Pho: Learn to not get so aggravated. I understand your frustration, however you need to be more collective and clear about how to win, rather than focusing on how "gay" your opponent is. He did what he had to, so did you, and he won out in the end. If the tactic is that absurd, it would be banned right? Hope to see you in the next tournament. Keep that Toon Link up.

KingAce: It was nice seeing you again Phil. I'm disappointed we didn't get to play doubles again, and I would have liked to have fought you in a pools or bracket match. We also didn't get that money match in... Probably for my benefit too, I was terribly inconsistent. You played well as you always do, and I always appreciate seeing and talking with you. I'll do what I can to come down next weekend alright?

Anyone else I forgot, good games, and hopefully I'll see you sometime in the future.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Pho: Learn to not get so aggravated. I understand your frustration, however you need to be more collective and clear about how to win, rather than focusing on how "gay" your opponent is. He did what he had to, so did you, and he won out in the end. If the tactic is that absurd, it would be banned right? Hope to see you in the next tournament. Keep that Toon Link up..
This!

You will go a loooongg way.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Iliad I'm very experienced with Marth, so if you need advice I may be able to give you a tip or two.
I c whut u did thar.

Honestly bro (no offense intended) I don't think I need advice on my Marth. I got nervous played sloppy, and I just need more skill with the game engine to improve.

*Edit*

@ Hype. PownzGamingCentre is the youtube account.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I wasn't saying I can help you based on criticism. I barely saw most of the matches you played. I just mean that I'm knowledgeable with the character, and if you at some point need another Marth main to talk to regarding match up advise, tactics, et cetera, I could probably give you a point or two.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Johning and whining again, eh Pho? That's what you get when you play Brawl, take it or leave it.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong. I know when I lost when I see it. But how can you consider yourself skillful, when you short hop double laser and forward B for 70% of your game? I've played Falco's that have beaten me serverely, but I respect them because THEY DIDN'T DO THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I'll accept your friendly when you admit your Falco game is spammy.
Pho... aren't you a Toon Link player... isn't the basis of TL to spam projectiles like its goin' outa fasion?

But that's a standard Faclo strat. When you play them enough its not a big deal. All good Falcos pretty much work the same way, get used to one and yer usually set. TL has the speed to get around it, just gotta get used to the timing and spacing of the laza spam.

AvaraceX props for 5th :p Sorry I didn't come... pretty sure I always owe you frienly matches ^^

Pho

Smash Journeyman
I choose to stop the conversation about Fool, and everyone else continues to talk about it.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
It's from Kingdom Hearts II. It's Riku with the headband around his eyes.

Top Bottom