• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scyphozoa

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, sorry for my brief absence. I've had a ton of work to do. I promise to work on Porygon some during this week.

If anyone hasn't done Amaterasu from Okami, I call dibs.

Also, anyone like my cute new avatar?​

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
MYM Preview Man was win. Very awesomely satirical. I notice Kawasaki's in there... although, in my defence, that's not a random preview, it was a question to everyone about what you all thought of the mechanic. I was considering cancelling him at the time. :p

Brawk-a-thon? BRAWK? Sweet! I'll be sure to get in on that.

...Although it's not really a tournament or something of the sort. More of just setting a date for all us MYMers to Brawk at the same time. Eh, awesome anyway.

EDIT: GOD ****ING DAMMIT THEY DISABLE OUR SIGS IF OUR POST ISNT A ****ING ESSAY EVERY TIME NOW

*blows off steam*

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
MYM Preview Man was win. Very awesomely satirical. I notice Kawasaki's in there... although, in my defence, that's not a random preview, it was a question to everyone about what you all thought of the mechanic. I was considering cancelling him at the time. :p

Brawk-a-thon? BRAWK? Sweet! I'll be sure to get in on that.

...Although it's not really a tournament or something of the sort. More of just setting a date for all us MYMers to Brawk at the same time. Eh, awesome anyway.

EDIT: GOD ****ING DAMMIT THEY DISABLE OUR SIGS IF OUR POST ISNT A ****ING ESSAY EVERY TIME NOW
What cha expect of Dancingfrogman? Do you want my name in blue? :laugh:

But yeah, I guess I could do a tornament, but I want this for fun. I have no idea of starting one off for starters (and I have never been to a Tourney ever).

I bet my sig gets shown up when I post nao :bee:

EDIT: haha, it shows up :p

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I really want to agree a lot with you on this, I honestly do. It's one of the main reasons why I haven't posted as much as everyone else in the past. But the speed of the thread, and the amount which I want to say on a deep moveset/topic, works against me too heavily.

I remember trying to pass a review on something, but breaking it off half-way because it was late at night. I come back the next day, and we're seven pages away from that moveset, thus rendering my thoughts on it irrelevant to the topic at hand. That I'm a slow reader and that I want to make absolutely sure that I fully understand the moveset which I'm reviewing. Hence why I come to simply appreciate that people acknowledge the moveset is there, even if no constructive critique is actually given.

Look on the bright side - there's always the odd chance that someone will come back and look at the moveset again like I'm doing with Cortez right now.
I get what you mean- I've missed tons of movesets over the Christmas period, so I'll have to read them before voting time arrives.
If you're a slow reader, or if you, or anyone for that matter, misses a moveset out, then I guess could make a blog to review them.
I know Spadefox had a blog were he would put his reviews on different movesets on the thread, and that is something I might end up doing.

Or you could just bring it up in conversation later on and tell them what you thought of it, like I've done many a time :laugh:.

@dancingfrogman- That's what I thought the plan was, but I was just making sure lol.

@K.Rool- Watch out, my Mewtwo is sick :p
I put Kawasaki in because he was the best down B preview- and a whale with pots and pans is just too good to give up on XD. I even made a new search for Kawasaki. I searched preview, got the majority of the moveset, then I typed in Kawasaki just to find your preview :laugh:

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, sorry for my brief absence. I've had a ton of work to do. I promise to work on Porygon some during this week.

If anyone hasn't done Amaterasu from Okami, I call dibs.

Also, anyone like my cute new avatar?​
DID YOU SAY AMATERASU!? *super vote* I'll look forward to your take on the wolf.

That avatar's pretty cute. Fear not, trolls shall fap.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
What cha expect of Dancingfrogman? Do you want my name in blue? :laugh:

But yeah, I guess I could do a tornament, but I want this for fun. I have no idea of starting one off for starters (and I have never been to a Tourney ever).

I bet my sig gets shown up when I post nao :bee:

EDIT: haha, it shows up :p
Yeah, of course. Maybe I phrased that poorly, I wasn't suggesting having a tournament, I'm anything but competitive. I was more just clarifying for everyone what exactly is going on, since a few people seem confused.

Watch my sig not show up...

Akiak

Smash Ace
That's why mine isn't showing up.
I have a Link Up Space ready. May I post it?

Btw DFM is using items so strange? I battle lvl 1s with Items on High on freaky custom stages with spikes and conveyor belts. :laugh:
But yea I'll join. VM sent.
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Sorry, I want to see my sig.

EDIT: Yay! There you are :grin:

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
That avatar's pretty cute. Fear not, trolls shall fap.
Not as cute as dancingfrogman's :laugh:.

I probably won't get Infernape done in MYM4, due to me being busy until Thursday night
YAY....*sigh*
but she is at the top of my to do list.

Or rather, she is my to do list :p

Quick quiz, what is this from? =P

It is required of every man that the sprit within him
should walk abrod his fellow men.
And if that spirit goes not forth in life, he is condemed
to do so after death
To witness what he can not share, but might have shared and
turned to happiness

Baloo

Smash Ace
I know, Jimnymebob, but only becasue I looked it up. :p

So I won't tell.

Will my sig show up? I wonder...

EDIT: YESH!

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
That's why mine isn't showing up.
I have a Link Up Space ready. May I post it?

Btw DFM is using items so strange? I battle lvl 1s with Items on High on freaky custom stages with spikes and conveyor belts. :laugh:
But yea I'll join. VM sent.
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Sorry, I want to see my sig.

EDIT: Yay! There you are :grin:
Dude, please don't do that. This thread has too much spam as it is. I don't want to have to go through walls of pointless rabble just to find something worth reading.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Yea multiple entries are allowed, but they end up messing everything up.
Seeing 2 movesets of the same character makes one tend to vote only one of the two, I think. Plus the creators can be influenced by the other set.

lolwut2274

Smash Rookie
hi here is a moveset

waddle dee

aaa: three punches and they all do 5 damage.

dash a: jabs with his spear 19 damage

f tilt: he slaps and does 14 damaeg

u tilt: pokes up parasol 18 damge

d tilt: kick 21 damage

f smash: he hits withh is fluff thing 29 damage

u smash: he jusmp up 16 damage

d smash: he spins around like kirby 30 damage

nair: fluff spin 17 damae

fair: kicks 17 damage

bair: like fair

uair: spear poke like tlinks 19 damage

dair: parasol poke 21 damage

b: he trows a spear 39 damage

<b>: fluff he takes out his fluff adn can float and it does 18 damag to anyone he toches

^b: parasol like peaches

vb: he gets in the cart and can ride around diong 37 damage

final smash: he becomes a giant golden spear fluff parasol cart painted waddle dee and if any1 toches him they get 82 damge and die

grab: he grabs lol wut else

pummil: he slaps for 16 damaeg

f throw: spear poke 15 damage

b thrwo: he spins 18 damage

u throw: fluff or parasol it's random and it only does 12 damage so its uselis

d throw: he sits on them like dedede for 40 damage and it's a chaingrab

wat do u think??????????????????

Baloo

Smash Ace

Wow! That's the best moveset I've seen! Chef Kawasaki, Shine&Bright, Dimentio and Gemini man might have to leave my Super Vote list, becasue I'll be super voting it all six times!

I'm sorry, but that moveset is terrible. Bad organization, broken as **************, generic spears and punches and whatnot. The d throw is hideously broken. Redo it now.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
...He's not a noob. He's a wiseguy. A joker, see? Seriously, PPL... :ohwell:

And so much for Akiak and his little link-up space. Not sure why you'd need the first post on a page for that, anyway.

lolwut2274

Smash Rookie
Good? *laughs til he pukes* Please, someone direct this n00b to the stadium. That's where the good sets are.
wut like chef kawasaik and kumatora and dimentio and stuff? those arnt as good as mine, be nice! stop being mean!

Wow! That's the best moveset I've seen! Chef Kawasaki, Shine&Bright, Dimentio and Gemini man might have to leave my Super Vote list, becasue I'll be super voting it all six times!

I'm sorry, but that moveset is terrible. Bad organization, broken as **************, generic spears and punches and whatnot. The d throw is hideously broken. Redo it now.
HEY! dont make fun of my set! itm akes your kumatora look terrible.

lolwut2274

Smash Rookie
...He's not a noob. He's a wiseguy. A joker, see? Seriously, PPL... :ohwell:

And so much for Akiak and his little link-up space. Not sure why you'd need the first post on a page for that, anyway.
wut are you saying that my moveset is a joke? stop being mean, what do u mean im a joker?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
stop being mean!
Hyperhopper?!:laugh:

I can't believe some of you guys thought this poster was being serious :ohwell:

Anyway, I will list all the movesets that have 100% chance of being completed in MYM5=

Infernape
Ripper Roo

Those two will definitely be done.

These two have a slim chance of being made=

Levant (I'd love to make him, but it'd take to long, and I'd have to play through Jade Cocoon for a third time, and I can't be bothered doing that lol)

Hitmontop (This will basically be a rewrite of the work I lost on the Hitmontop set that would have been with Tyrogue)

Kingler and Gen 1 Water PKMN (I don't have the ability to write a six in one moveset. However, if other people are planning to do first gen water types then maybe a joint set in the style of the Halberd crew could work?)

I have one other moveset that I will probably end up doing, but I'm not going to announce it just yet.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'm not sure what to believe. Hyperhopper was serious, I think Donkeykongwii was serious, Goldwyvern and PPL were serious before they became normal. I almost think this guy is real.

Are you?

EDIT: Oh, and K Rool, how did you know "someone" was me?

Akiak

Smash Ace
-.-

....Beat me to it... Guess I'll post it tomorrow.

Jimny Hitmontop is one of my favorite Pokemon! Use Triple Kick well and that other attack that is stronger if he is weaker (Whats it called?)

Crag yah later. (cookie to who gets the reference)

Baloo

Smash Ace
I think he's serious. Dude, your set makes Bagel look good. And That's like saying bull**** is as pretty as a diamond, not that Bagel is good.
are you saying Bagel was bad? I consider it better than a lot of my sets from before Marx. It really isn't that bad, if I wanted I could make a serious Bagel set. By MYM2's standards it could have won.

lolwut2274

Smash Rookie
STOP!!! stop saying im joking, wuts rong with u? im just maknig moveset, & u all call me a joek and stuff.

whos hyperhoppre

Akiak

Smash Ace
AKIAK'S MYM LABORATORY​

Stickman

This isn't my best definitely, but I had some wicked ideas for Specials. Make sure you check those out, as they're highly detailed (too detailed) and fun compared to other moves in the set, which are not so good at all.
Sirkibble's Review
I think this moveset has a lot of potential, but really needs to capitalize on creativity and fix some detail problems. The fact is, a lot of the moves are boring, and those that aren’t are made to sound boring. The Specials are really the only intriguing part of this moveset, despite the subject character being so versatile. Not bad, Akiak, but I think you can do better!

Dexter

I highly recommend this set to any fan of the Boy Genius, as there's a lot of nostalgia for the cartoon we all used to watch. This is a BIG improvement over my other sets and even Warlord says so in his review. Yes, that's the "bad reviewer" in person. Anyway the only big flaw here is the generic wrench moves, but I fixed those.
Master Warlord's Review
This is a gigantic improvement from your previous works to the point I can’t even recognize that the person who made those movesets and Dexter are the same author. This is all very good and is almost to the standards people have come to expect. Really. . .There’s not much if anything that needs to be done on this set besides weakening the smashes and bolding the attack names (fixed), all the rest of the commentary is more or less nit picking. It’s a shame most people passed this moveset up.

Wynaut

Dexter is still better than this, but this is still a nice set. The organization has improved from Dexter and there are many versions of counterattacks taken directly from Pokemon. Less originality I must admit.
Master Warlord's Review
Overall: If you didn’t get the gist of it throughout this review, Dexter outdoes Wynaut in every possible way, and Dexter had less to work with then Wynaut, as your most interesting moves (And most broken) were just directly translated from Pokemon. This moveset has potential and this is an excellent base to work on, but it’ll need serious work if it wants to outdo Dexter. I like this moveset and it’s still far better then your movesets besides Dexter, so don’t feel too bad about this. The reason I’m being so harsh on you now is because I’ve seen what you’re capable of with Dexter and want you to reach your maximum potential.

Electroplankton

This is definitely by best set ever, as it improves from my previous in almost every way. It's considered a top contender by many and the organization is even more improved. I'm very proud :grin:
Chief Mendez's Review
I was very pleased. The most amazing thing is that, if this were any other character, a lot of the given moves would have been incredibly boring and generic. But because I had this beat system in the back of my mind while reading, and because there’s such a variety in the ‘Plankton–and since nearly every move changes to a different one…it all works, perfectly.

There’s nothing bad I can say here. I love Electroplankton.
OTHER STUFF

~∆~MYM 3~∆~

~∆~Sig Lab~∆~

'Nuff Said

Baloo

Smash Ace
Hyperhopper is a terrible moveset maker, although his sets are a lot better than yours, who made a roomba set and then kept asking how to improve it.

And Akiak, he beat you again. Xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom