• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
Emergency and Meadow: Stop it. Humility is nice and all, but there's no need to overdo it. You're both super-awesome. Leave it at that.

emergency

Smash Journeyman
Emergency and Meadow: Stop it. Humility is nice and all, but there's no need to overdo it. You're both super-awesome. Leave it at that.
Too tru
10trues
:| You are awesome too, then!

In upcoming news, I've been receiving hints and so for my works for MYM5.

Hero Prinny is something that I hope ends out well.

Many alliences with collaborations.

I'll be adding twists to upcoming events.

I will also repost a Pleinair Full. Just to expand on details for practice.

I also heard of a new special group, only for the MYM chatters, applications will be out. Heh. I wonder who will catch my drift.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
ok, sorry. All joint movesets should be done through PM's then. SirKibble should make that a rule.
Yeah, sure. Gimme a second, I'll add it to the OP.

Here is another MYM5 Plan I have : Worms!

I have so much idea for those little guys! Can't wait to do it. ( Might be fourth moveset, second being Dr. Mario, and the third one being Kingler )
Ooh, I did a moveset for Worm Soldier in MYM3. I'll be interested to see what spin you give it.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Hey everyone. I've been lurking on this thread for a while, and i've been making my own movesets for characters since melee came out, so imma have a shot at making some for MYM5. Expect to see Zant, MM Link, BK (swapping or unswapping to be decided at a later date), Gruntilda, various Pokemon and Digimon, amd probably more. And if my brother feels like helping, there will prolly be a Cloud and Sephiroth moveset as well.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Hey everyone. I've been lurking on this thread for a while, and i've been making my own movesets for characters since melee came out, so imma have a shot at making some for MYM5. Expect to see Zant, MM Link, BK (swapping or unswapping to be decided at a later date), Gruntilda, various Pokemon and Digimon, amd probably more. And if my brother feels like helping, there will prolly be a Cloud and Sephiroth moveset as well.
Welcome to MYM! *Gives a muffin giftbasket*

Don't spam and you'll be okay with us. That's about it. If you read the first page (which I'm sure you've already done) you'll find a list of general rules as well as a link to The Stadium, where an archive of all the movesets are kept. Just look there and check out some of these movesets to see the general standard:

-Chef Kawasaki by KingK.Rool
-Jonathan and Charlotte by Spadefox
-Black Doom by Hyper_Ridley
-Mega Man by Chief Mendez
-Cortex and Tiny by MasterWarlord (Actually, this one's very long compared to most sets.)
-The Joker by MasterWarlord (There we go.)
-Super Star Helpers by SirKibble
-Pokey by The Trophy Master
-Roll by Meadow
-Maria Renard by Me
[/shamelessplug]
-Pretty much anything else by any of the Sandbags. Or Spadefox or Hyper_Ridley.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
Expect to see Zant, MM Link, BK (swapping or unswapping to be decided at a later date), Gruntilda, various Pokemon and Digimon, amd probably more. And if my brother feels like helping, there will prolly be a Cloud and Sephiroth moveset as well.
@Zant: Second best LOZ villain IMO. Check out the set made for him in MYM3 if you need ideas.

@MM Link: YES! Someone's finally making him! I hope you do well.

@BK: Who?

@Gruntilda: From Banjo-Kazooie right? Never played the games.

@Pokemon and Digimon: Pokemon=Overdone. Digimon=Needs moar representation

@Cloud and Sephiroth: Together or seperate sets?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the chat is dead, where do we go to chat?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
@Zant: Second best LOZ villain IMO. Check out the set made for him in MYM3 if you need ideas.
Oooh, i didn't know there was alreadya a Zant! Imma have a looksie, even though i've pretty much got the basic ideas for the moves down already lol.

@MM Link: YES! Someone's finally making him! I hope you do well.
Thanks! :D So far it's going okay, i'm working with the basic Down-Special rotates through the masks in the order Normal Link -> Deku Link -> Goron Link -> Zora Link -> Normal Link, with Fierce Deity Link for the FS.

@BK: Who?
Banjo and Kazooie. Like I said earlier, the mechanics of split up (if i do it) need to be sorted out, cos in the games, the one not being used just stands around while you go off adventuring.

@Gruntilda: From Banjo-Kazooie right? Never played the games.
You should! :p Basically, shes a slow, heavyweight, magic-user, with laggy but powerful attacks. Say, Ganon, but the size of bowser with projectiles, and almost no standard jump.

@Pokemon and Digimon: Pokemon=Overdone. Digimon=Needs moar representation
But i gots to add my favourite pokemans! Maybe one or two would do it... And yeah, Digis need to represent! I'm thinking the main two-four from the first seaon, plus one-three major enemies. But only from the first season (maybe the second). The rest are just awful.

@Cloud and Sephiroth: Together or seperate sets?
Seperate. Putting them together would be like trying to combine Mario and Bowser into one character. Or Link and Ganon. Or Meta and Kirbs.

Hmm... meta and kirbs....

Welcome to MYM! *Gives a muffin giftbasket*

Don't spam and you'll be okay with us. That's about it. If you read the first page (which I'm sure you've already done) you'll find a list of general rules as well as a link to The Stadium, where an archive of all the movesets are kept. Just look there and check out some of these movesets to see the general standard:

-Chef Kawasaki by KingK.Rool
-Jonathan and Charlotte by Spadefox
-Black Doom by Hyper_Ridley
-Mega Man by Chief Mendez
-Cortex and Tiny by MasterWarlord (Actually, this one's very long compared to most sets.)
-The Joker by MasterWarlord (There we go.)
-Super Star Helpers by SirKibble
-Pokey by The Trophy Master
-Roll by Meadow
-Maria Renard by Me [/shamelessplug]
-Pretty much anything else by any of the Sandbags. Or Spadefox or Hyper_Ridley.
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah i'll check those out. When i first went to the Stadium i just looked for the characters i knew lol. Knowing which ones are the good ones is a big help.

Speaking of good ones, is there a link to where the winners of the previous contests are located for ease of browsing?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Speaking of good ones, is there a link to where the winners of the previous contests are located for ease of browsing?
Well, the winner of the previous MYM (Dracula) isn't as good as most of the best sets in this one... Just to give you example of character architypes...

Heavy-weight set: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6172738&postcount=5161 -- Kawasaki

Middle-weight set: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5952675&postcount=226 -- Mega Man

Light-weight set: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6557370&postcount=9977 -- Skyler Ocon (lol bias)

Kawasaki will probably be the MYM4 winner and Mega Man will do pretty good. Skyler was coming in somewhere around 20, last time I checked.

Dracula: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5251478&postcount=2254

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Agreed with the whole Digimon First Series thing being the only worthwhile one to watch, although since the second is related to the first it makes me want to watch it.

I should have given Cactuar a Togemon costume, huh? Except downscaled like crazy.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Thanks! :D So far it's going okay, i'm working with the basic Down-Special rotates through the masks in the order Normal Link -> Deku Link -> Goron Link -> Zora Link -> Normal Link, with Fierce Deity Link for the FS.
Has been done in MYM3. Please make sure you don't have the same attacks as he does.

Banjo and Kazooie. Like I said earlier, the mechanics of split up (if i do it) need to be sorted out, cos in the games, the one not being used just stands around while you go off adventuring.
Has been done several times in MYM2, 3 and even twice in MYM4.

You should! :p Basically, shes a slow, heavyweight, magic-user, with laggy but powerful attacks. Say, Ganon, but the size of bowser with projectiles, and almost no standard jump.
Has been done in MYM3.

Seperate. Putting them together would be like trying to combine Mario and Bowser into one character. Or Link and Ganon. Or Meta and Kirbs.
I hate FFVII. Sephiroth has been done in MYM4, and I'm almost certain Cloud was in MYM3.

Otherwise, good luck and welcome.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
The Trophy Master is now happy! I didn't know that mah moveset was worth being put in one of the best! :) Thanks Tanookie!

@Condog : Hi! Newcomers are always welcome at MYM! Hope your movesets will be awesome, and that maybe, if you have time, you'll do an unique and custom Story Mode. Enjoy your stay! Oh, yes, I must say you something. If sadly, your first moveset really isn't good, it's horrible but, your second or third one, is Top 10 worthy, try everything to say to people to look at it. It's what happened to my Pokey, because of Prof. Rowan. ( I had put a Back Tilt in Prof. Rowan :laugh: )

Could you link me to your Worm Soldier set Kibble, cause I don't want it to be a copy/paste. ( Please? )

Birdon won't maybe be the best presentation, but it'll be the most detailed for sure!! ( Of my movesets, not of all the contest, don't worry. )

EDIT : Hey guys, the Brawl-a-thon is starting in 6 hours, get ready!

@ Warlord : Great, I decided to do more details because of you. Not you said it to me or anything, but only your name makes me think about it. :p One of my rising attacks is 8 lines long. :)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I'm amazed at how many Banjo Kazooie sets have been bloody made at this point. . .BK is probably the single most overdone character in all of MYM.:dizzy: BK isn't even an SSB4 candidate, but I don't exactly blame anyone, as the original two games were epic and they have such massive moveset potential.

The hordes of BK movesets put the Ridley, K. Rool, and Bowser Jr. packs to shame.

Birdon won't maybe be the best presentation, but it'll be the most detailed for sure!! ( Of my movesets, not of all the contest, don't worry. )
Excellent. MOAR DETAIL!

(Seriously though, that's good. I've been looking for more detail from you.)

EDIT : Hey guys, the Brawl-a-thon is starting in 6 hours, get ready!
I have every intention of attending, FYI for anyone else coming.

Evilgidgit

Smash Apprentice
I suppose Banjo and Kazooie is one of those game series that have become pretty popular but don't get enough attention.

I've decided I am not going to vote in MYM4 after all, as I am a bit busy and it may take a while to decide, since there have been a volcanoload of good entries.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
4 hours and 22 minutes to go and BRWAL

remember to add everyone, if you haven't, heres's the list again!

~~Brought to you by Dancingfrogman~~​

~~Presents~~​

~~Make your move Brawl-a-thon~~​

~~Date from Friday March the 6th - Saturday the 7th~~​

~~21:00 pm (GMT) to whenever~~
~~13:00pm (pacific)~~
~~16:00pm (EST) ~~
~~http://www.timezoneconverter.com/ if you're in a different Time Zone~~​

~~Well, this will be an ONLINE brawl, so if you unfortantly don't have wifi, bad luck to you. This is to represent our time in MYM4.~~​

~~If you want to join in, please Vm me with your friend code, and I'll add you to the list below, which has the MYMers FC:~~​

MYM Roster

Chief Mendez: 4210-4038-0279 (HMD) ???
cheap_josh: 5112-3159-0491 (CJOSH)
MasterWarlord: 3566-3020-3547 (MW)
SirKibble: 3093-7424-7335 (SRKBL)
TWILTHERO: 1504-5461-0645 (TWILT)
TheSundanceKid: 0258-9965-2123 (L)
darkserenade: 0473-7450-3610 (DASE)
dancingfrogman: 4468-2422-3562 (DFROG)
agidius: 2406-4931-6532 (AGI)
Hyper_Ridley: 3780-8678-9309 (HR)
KingK.Rool: 1246-8413-4012 (KINGK)
Jimnymebob: 0302-1240-6623 (JIMNY)
Chris Lionheart: 2922-3469-8432 (LION)
Baloo: 5370-2507-8442 (BALOO)
Smash Daddy: 3609-3986-8451 (Smady)
princesspeachluver13: 2149-1683-7112 (CHRIS)
PKSkyler: 5241-1676-7828 (~SKY~)
Twilight-Emblem: 0344-8964-0463 (Unknown)
kitsuneko345: 4553-9891-6500 (Unknown)
Mardyke: 3652-2064-2198 (unknown)
Tornadith: 4382-1646-1210 (Unknown)
The Trophy Master: 4210-7726-7683 (TTM)
Akiak: 1204-1875-1767 (AKIAK)
Meadow: 1676-3423-4212 (SLEEP)

You probably noticed that some of the people here are not here at present, and if they don't appear, just don't add them!

~~Okay, this isn't a tornament of anything, so this is just for the fun! If they are too many people in one group, just host another, as you should've added everyones FC!~~​

*Credit goes to Sirkibble and the list he keeps up in the MYM Social Group.
Remember to add everyone on the list, and I'll let you lot now that I added EVERYONE in brawl from the roster above, and if I have to remind those people preparing to play tonight, also add everyone on this list, as you won't leave somebody out otherwise!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Could you link me to your Worm Soldier set Kibble, cause I don't want it to be a copy/paste. ( Please? )
There you go.

Ah, the days of non-staggering detail.

I hope it's not a problem if I arrive like, 1 hour late to the Brawl-a-thon! :(
Nah, just show up when you can. I most likely won't be there until a few hours after it starts, but people just join as they join. At least, that's how it went last time.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Down-Tilt A – Pneumatic Drill – Worm Soldier drill into the ground with his drill.

I lol'd at that for some reason. He wasn't going to drill down with his fists was he? :p

I have most people added for the Brawl thing, but I have a cold so will be playing even worse than normal. I'll have people from Twilight-Emblem and down added in a little bit.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Down-Tilt A – Pneumatic Drill – Worm Soldier drill into the ground with his drill.

I lol'd at that for some reason. He wasn't going to drill down with his fists was he? :p
Well, um. . . I don't know, this is Worms we're talking about, he could drill with. . . Um. . . A banana or something. . . I don't know. . .

I have most people added for the Brawl thing, but I have a cold so will be playing even worse than normal. I'll have people from Twilight-Emblem and down added in a little bit.
Yay for people not playing at their best! I haven't touched Brawl in months. :dizzy:

But I assure you you will all cower in fear at my PK FIYAH SPAM!! :psycho:

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
How many time does the Brawl-a-thon last?

Glad to hear it Warlord! Some of my normal moves have more details than : Cortiny! ( I think I'll be in the TL DR category of the MYM Awards, next MYM. :p)

I hope it's not a problem if I arrive like, 1 hour late to the Brawl-a-thon! :(
By the looks of things, Battalion Army will be my Tl;Dr moveset

Seriously, 1,000 odd words per a special!!! Thats... that's CRAZEE

oh, and to the brawl-a-thon thing, about 9:00pm til whenever (IDK, people stop when they stop) seems good, although, it all depends really if people have to go or want to play more!

Nah, don'cha worry about, plus, there's always tomorrow if you do miss it ;)

It's a coincidence you're going home (well, where your wii is) on the day we have this Sirkibble!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Well, um. . . I don't know, this is Worms we're talking about, he could drill with. . . Um. . . A banana or something. . . I don't know. . .

Yay for people not playing at their best! I haven't touched Brawl in months. :dizzy:

But I assure you you will all cower in fear at my PK FIYAH SPAM!! :psycho:
XD.

"Pee kay fiyah!" x100

Remember Kibble, the bananas are explosives.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
I really wish I could join you guys, but I don't have access to Wifi right now. Sad silver strike is sad :(

I have to get in on the next one though ~

& I don't know if anyone besides Peli cares, but I actually might be able to convince myself to work on Yuji & Shana more over the weekend. I've got all my ideas in order & I'm in the attack writing phase right now. I'm having a surprisingly hard time figuring good names for the attacks this time, so I'm gonna write them out first. :bee:

Baloo

Smash Ace
Can't participate in this one. After the horrific lag, ending with my Wii almost freezing, I don't wanna risk that again.

But, concerning more detail, I plan on adding more detail to my future movesets too.

Akiak

Smash Ace
I sent a VM DFM, with my code and name.
Am I too late?

In other news, I got my new computer, so I'll soon download Game Maker and learn to use it well. After a couple of crappy games, I'll start working on Smash Bros. MYM.

EDIT: My code is to the right of my avatar to who wants to add me.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I sent a VM DFM, with my code and name.
Am I too late?

In other news, I got my new computer, so I'll soon download Game Maker and learn to use it well. After a couple of crappy games, I'll start working on Smash Bros. MYM.

EDIT: My code is to the right of my avatar to who wants to add me.
Nah, it's actually just going to start

which reminds me too tell all

Brawl-a-thon starts now, join!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I'm sorry but I won't be able to join, and probably won't be arround until sometime during MYM5.

However, I'll try and get on to see the results/ congratulate the winner.

See you guys in MYM5! ;)

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Has been done in MYM3. Please make sure you don't have the same attacks as he does.

Has been done in MYM3.

I hate FFVII. Sephiroth has been done in MYM4, and I'm almost certain Cloud was in MYM3.

Otherwise, good luck and welcome.
I realise these characters have been done before, but I just think they don't accurately reflect how the characters should play. I plan to fix what i perceive as fundamental flaws in the character design, to create them how i think they should be played. Thanks for the heads up though lol

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was wondering when the 4th Moveset Contest will be done with.

Anyway, I've been busy trying to create ideas for the next set of characters that I plan on doing movesets for for the next contest. Some of the movesets will be remakes from Moveset Contest 2.

Here are a few characters that I plan on doing for Moveset Contest 5.

----------------------
Remakes

When I did Rosalina for Moveset Contest 2, I felt that I made her too powerful. I plan on fixing her up so that she's not so overwhelming in power. Also, the moveset was incomplete in certain spots anyway.
----------------------
New

----------------------

Baloo

Smash Ace

When I did Rosalina for Moveset Contest 2, I felt that I made her too powerful. I plan on fixing her up so that she's not so overwhelming in power. Also, the moveset was incomplete in certain spots anyway.
W00t!

I hope you do her justice. Make her better than mine. :p

Looking forward to it.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
No. Nobody can help you. You insulted members of the chat, not just Spade. If you're willing to cool your jets a bit and calm down, I'm sure Spade would be more than happy to let you in...

If you're insulting somebody who has the power to ban you, that's NOT gonna make them change their minds. Just calm down a bit and apologize to Spade, he gave you fair warning after all not to insult members.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
guys, in

http://xat.com/chat/room/52192075/

spadefox is being a ***** and banned me

he is always a ***** to me, can somebody help me
First rule of the internet - don't take "a**hattery" to heart.

Second, Spadefox is a nice guy. Just watch your language, be a bit polite, be friendly, and you'll get along with everyone. Most importantly, don't lose your temper. If you apologise and come across as nice, he'll let you back in. Keep it up, and he'll be likely not to ban you again, nor will anyone else for that matter.

emergency

Smash Journeyman
One more day, the day of the changes, the results of the hard work. The questions will be answered. One day.

Heh. I have the end of the trimester today, so no homework, tests and stuff. Freedom!

HH, people only get banned in the chat, for the behavior issues that involve a mass amount of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom