• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I guess you are.. you should follow your heroes. I mean Mango is one. Hopefully I'll be the next one =P. Mango I will take you down one day!

joeplicate

Smash Master
kage's got this

I'm sorry. I forgot that M2k vs Mango defines that one match-up, thanks for clarifying.
you're right
we should take into consideration stuff like ken vs killaOR, azen vs kishprime

you know, all those hella good guys who still play still

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Are you aware that his grabs are the best in the game? The only characters with longer grab ranges are samus, link, young link, and that's it. He's so much faster than all of them. Below him is like, Roy, Yoshi, in terms of range, but his are just so huge and so fast. Don't forget that he's a beast at tech chasing in the hands of a good player. I also think that, because of his tipper and grabs, that he has the ability to turn the tables very quickly. Go watch some marth dittos. the ones between Ken and Azen in 2006 are really good examples. While they're old, that aspect of Marth has by no means been removed. For a more recent example, see the losers finals between Mew2King and Shiz, last match.
dude...sure he has range, but his grabs suck on everybody except the spacies. take it from a Roy main, who has similar problems. and every character is a beast at tech chasing in the hands of a good player. and besides, I don't see how much is much better, because his dash is actually quite slow (he has an okay walking speed but who uses that?). and who the **** cares about marth dittos, I'm talking about against Fox, Sheik, Falco, the IC's, Falcon, Jiggs, and some others.

if you're talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qna80MbcAAc then sure it's a good match, but when I say turn the tables I mean in the heat of a match, not just after he died. that was just luck. He did once combo break by grabbing, and when you think about it, that's all he can do under pressure. and even that is useless against the spacies at higher percentages, sheik, and definitely useless against the IC's. I know when I face Marth with Roy, if I get popped in the air it's difficult, but as long as I keep close with plenty of CC and DED, I can get some Marths to crack.

EDIT: and yeah Kage rocks he doesn't need to play Fox or Marth to be good!

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
I'm sorry. I forgot that M2k vs Mango defines that one match-up, thanks for clarifying.
I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not lol. If it is, then you're silly :)

dude...sure he has range, but his grabs suck on everybody except the spacies. take it from a Roy main, who has similar problems. and every character is a beast at tech chasing in the hands of a good player. and besides, I don't see how much is much better, because his dash is actually quite slow (he has an okay walking speed but who uses that?). and who the **** cares about marth dittos, I'm talking about against Fox, Sheik, Falco, the IC's, Falcon, Jiggs, and some others.

if you're talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qna80MbcAAc then sure it's a good match, but when I say turn the tables I mean in the heat of a match, not just after he died. that was just luck. He did once combo break by grabbing, and when you think about it, that's all he can do under pressure. and even that is useless against the spacies at higher percentages, sheik, and definitely useless against the IC's. I know when I face Marth with Roy, if I get popped in the air it's difficult, but as long as I keep close with plenty of CC and DED, I can get some Marths to crack.

EDIT: and yeah Kage rocks he doesn't need to play Fox or Marth to be good!
No johns.

EDIT: I'm gonna take this seriously lol nvm. How is just after someone died not in the heat of a match? I think we've got some definitions clashing here. Explain pl0x.

Grunt

Smash Master
oh wait this argument become serious somewhere?
I must have missed it.
Also, I didn't realize you were kage. I was like "who is this divinko person?"

HugS™

Smash Lord
Samus's placing is precisely correct. There's no argument for anyone below her to move up, and no argument for anyone above her to move down. She's perfectly placed.

HOWEVER, the lack of points put her into the mid tier, when she really belongs in the high tier. From what I recall, tournament viable characters were placed in the Top Tier and in the High Tier. Otherwise, you'd have tournament viable characters ****ing up non tournament viable character in the Low Tier tournaments.

My definition of Tournament Viable - Any character that places top 3 locally in a strong region, and top 10 nationally in a strong nation WITHOUT the aid of a secondary character.

It basically implies that there aren't enough bad match ups to prevent the character from placing well. Samus fits the bill just fine, and just barely.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Samus's placing is precisely correct. There's no argument for anyone below her to move up, and no argument for anyone above her to move down. She's perfectly placed.

HOWEVER, the lack of points put her into the mid tier, when she really belongs in the high tier. From what I recall, tournament viable characters were placed in the Top Tier and in the High Tier. Otherwise, you'd have tournament viable characters ****ing up non tournament viable character in the Low Tier tournaments.

My definition of Tournament Viable - Any character that places top 3 locally in a strong region, and top 10 nationally in a strong nation WITHOUT the aid of a secondary character.

It basically implies that there aren't enough bad match ups to prevent the character from placing well. Samus fits the bill just fine, and just barely.
Doesn't this also make Ganondorf High Tier as well?

Also, since when have Low Tier tournaments included Mid Tier? >.>

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya I did get Top 5.. And I'm sure revival is considered National almost? And I went Ganon all the way beating marths/sheiks/falcons and foxes along the way.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I would think it has to be consistent as well, not that I'm saying Kage can't do it, but one tournament doesn't prove it is a consistent placing.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
dude marth vs ganon is like even LOL idk where ppl get off saying marth ***** ganon BULL**** you just fist marths face and he dies it trades with the sword a lot and kills too easily. Marth's best chances is gimps. Fox ***** ganon only if fox camps him, otherwise ganon can PUNCH anything fox does. Sheik imo ***** ganon if she plays the match right

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
dude marth vs ganon is like even LOL idk where ppl get off saying marth ***** ganon BULL**** you just fist marths face and he dies it trades with the sword a lot and kills too easily. Marth's best chances is gimps. Fox ***** ganon only if fox camps him, otherwise ganon can PUNCH anything fox does. Sheik imo ***** ganon if she plays the match right
I really like the Fox vs Gannon match up. It's much harder for me as Falco, however. Gannon kills Falco in like 3 hits, and can edgeguard very well, while Fox can run around like a little *****.

^^

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
This reminds me, anyone else remember Eddie vs PC at Evo 2K7? That **** was hilarious, PC combo's Eddie to hell and back and Eddie just Fairs a few times and they go even. Ganon is a hilarious character :laugh:

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
@Foxmarth101: not much more crap than you will for joining in January and having only like 12 posts. no offense.

No johns.

EDIT: I'm gonna take this seriously lol nvm. How is just after someone died not in the heat of a match? I think we've got some definitions clashing here. Explain pl0x.
LOL if it's not luck than it's M2k's skills, not Marth's game. but what I meant was when someone's attacking you, you can play defense and spring back. Fox, Falco, and Sheik can do this. all Marth can do is try to shieldgrab, but this is difficult when under Fox's and Falco's great shield pressure (especially through multishine). then once he grabs, he can only really wrack up damage on spacies at low percentages. sure he can upthrow to try to combo, but chances are they're no at the edge, so it's tough. plus his chaingrab and upthrow-combo doesn't work on most stages with platforms.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
^ He joined this month lol

Anyway yeah, you've got a good point. Aside from the fact that nobody good multishines. I dunno lol, I don't know enough about Marth's matchups in general; I should play him more I guess.

HugS™

Smash Lord
Doesn't this also make Ganondorf High Tier as well?

Also, since when have Low Tier tournaments included Mid Tier? >.>
Since Links and Luigis were allowed to compete in low tier tournaments. The tiers were ranked differently back then, where anything from Mid to Bottom was allowed to compete. The classification of the tiers were just different. I don't know the rules for low tier tournaments now. But back then, mids were allowed to compete.

Anyways, I don't feel ganondorf is tournament viable, though Kage may begin to prove me wrong.

He's got far too many bad match ups. If you play gay enough, Ganon can't win.

Again, I may be proven wrong sometime soon.

Vts

Smash Champion
Anyways, I don't feel ganondorf is tournament viable, though Kage may begin to prove me wrong.

He's got far too many bad match ups. If you play gay enough, Ganon can't win.

Again, I may be proven wrong sometime soon.
i know what ur saying and understand where your coming from but i don't agree 100% with what ur saying

he has bad match ups but a smart player like kage proves that ganon isn't bad

he does well in tournaments with his crazy spacing and mindgames.

i feel like luigi isn't tournament viable but other have proved me wrong.

Grunt

Smash Master
EC thinks samus sucks, WC thinks ganon sucks...
I wish we could just dispose of the whole ****ing middle of the US and play each other more often. no one cares about those people anyways, right?

Vts

Smash Champion
EC thinks samus sucks, WC thinks ganon sucks...
I wish we could just dispose of the whole ****ing middle of the US and play each other more often. no one cares about those people anyways, right?
;( i live in the middle don't kill me off!!!!

EC also thinks jiggly is gay tier

and idk why m2k thinks doc is so amazing he's good but not as good as he says

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
there's two different kind of ways to get in high tier

1) have some extremely good people play the character to even out the noobs (IE: Marth and Fox)

2) have only a few people use the characters, but the ones who do be good (IE: Sheik, Peach, Samus, Doc)

maybe my examples are a little off, but you get the drift.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaause

doc is mad gay its like

pill pill pill ... 20 damage

nair or something

grab KOBE

Switch 2 falco

^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom