• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'm having trouble with Step2_Create

When I open it up it asks me if I want to include files.

Adding Normal Textures

01Yoshi_Body

Do you want to include this texture?
Asks me yes or no. If I say yes it closes the program out and creates newpac.tmp and 01.PLT0

If i say no asks me the same question but for a differen't part. If I say no every time it will close out and create the files i want. the new.pcs and the new.pac. But did i really edit anything by saying no?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
What I'm saying is: ASH extracts the Landmaster texture fine. I know it goes in Fox's folder under the name FitFoxFinal.pac. Will the Dynamic SD loader be able to load that texture?

Meccs

@Meccs_
Was syntax error the only group with a Mewtwo Lucario? I can't find one anywhere and stacksmash isn't loading...

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
I would like to point out that loading music from a SD card will likely kill its life span. Streaming from a flash devise is a very bad idea.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Ya seems like that would be a problem. Think textures is a bad idea too?
Game doesn't need to consistently load textures, whereas it will music due to the sheer amount of data, as well as the need to loop.

For example, as long as you don't switch costumes/character/player slots/exit versus, you can have 8-bit Toon Link all your matches even without the SD card attached.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Here's an few examples of stage names.

Battlefield - STGBATTLEFIELD.PAC
Yoshi's Island - STGCRAYON.PAC
Shadow Moses Island - STGMETALGEAR_00.PAC, STGMETALGEAR_01.PAC, STGMETALGEAR_02.PAC
Distant Planet - STGEARTH.PAC
Port Town Aero Dive - STGFZERO.PAC

How do you extract the textures out of these? ASH can't do it.

Time to call Colonel Google I guess.

bobson

Smash Lord
I would like to point out that loading music from a SD card will likely kill its life span. Streaming from a flash devise is a very bad idea.
A very good point which has summarily executed my hopes.
Back to Wiiscrubber...

Mettra

Smash Cadet
-Disclaimer-I know nothing about changing the effects-Disclaimer- You said it should be in DATA/effect/fighter/blahblah. Try a new directory DATA instead of pf? Tell me how that goes I would like to know.

well pf i the equivilent I think...

Normal Character textures are in DATA\Fighter\[charname]

But on the SD card you put them in pf\fighter\[charname]

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
Lol is that a joke or something?

I looked on google already. I couldn't find it there.
texconv.exe is part of Nintendo's SDK (standard development kit), it's a leaked program and illegal to distribute. same for ntcompress.exe

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
ok so i just got the 1.3 code, and after alittle fooling around i pick my character (pink peach) and it crashes at the Stage select

just thought i should post that bug

(btw i only have like 4 or 5 textures)

Revven

FrankerZ
ok so i just got the 1.3 code, and after alittle fooling around i pick my character (pink peach) and it crashes at the Stage select

just thought i should post that bug

(btw i only have like 4 or 5 textures)
Yeah, 1.3 isn't working like it should, please keep using 1.1 until it is fixed.

Mettra

Smash Cadet
Can anyone upload a sample Portrait change? I'm stuck and can't figure out what to do...

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I'm trying to use a Lucas texture hack that I found from team Stack Smash. I have the codes all right, and the folders, and changed the texture name to the costume I wanted to change. I got Gecko OS to work, but, the texture is not appearing. I see the loading times are longer, like someone suggested, but the texture is not appearing :(

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I'm trying to use a Lucas texture hack that I found from team Stack Smash. I have the codes all right, and the folders, and changed the texture name to the costume I wanted to change. I got Gecko OS to work, but, the texture is not appearing. I see the loading times are longer, like someone suggested, but the texture is not appearing :(
Try waiting longer at the character select screen.

4Serial

Smash Lord
sexy. ****, tv is being used so i won't get to try it out =[ hopefully i did everything right..

Luffy is awesome.

i saw a picture of Pikachu as Chopper but i've never been able to find the pcs for it =[
anyone wanna hook me up? =D

One piece ftw

poklin

Smash Apprentice
yes please does anyone know how to change portraits i have all these portraits and i don't know how to add them.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
^I dunno, sorry...

So, I'm trying to get Metroid Trainer and the like up and running. I have the .pcs files, but I know you need the .pac files if you want to do it the right way. I have lz77ex, and I can't figure out how I'm supposed to use it...as in, I don't know what to do with it. I have it as a .rar file, and everytime I extract it, it just turns into a folder in which I can't use the actual program or whatever.

Assuming I figure that out, what do I do with the .pcs files? Do I just convert all of them into .pac and then put both the .pcs and the .pac files in the appropriate folder?

Any help is much appreciated.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Ugh, even after getting the texconv.

I can now say yes to everything and the right files come up.

I rename them to be the right file FitYoshi00.pcs and FitYoshi00.pac, I've also done it not renaming it just keeping it as _new.pcs.

I put them in the private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/yoshi/FitYoshi00.pcs

I made sure i put the 3 codes on the front page using Ocarina Cheat Code Manager

I waited for the wii to fully load the character and still nothing changes.

jokey665

Smash Ace
^I dunno, sorry...

So, I'm trying to get Metroid Trainer and the like up and running. I have the .pcs files, but I know you need the .pac files if you want to do it the right way. I have lz77ex, and I can't figure out how I'm supposed to use it...as in, I don't know what to do with it. I have it as a .rar file, and everytime I extract it, it just turns into a folder in which I can't use the actual program or whatever.
see

Go to this topic: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175765

go to the second link

download Lz77ex

drag pcs onto Lx77ex.exe

???

profit
tah-dah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom