• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the NIPPLE SPIKE

Ja

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone ever intentionally comboed into this? Are there any reliable setups? I think if we could figure out the NIPPLE SPIKE, CF would become even more manly.

To clarify for those who don't know, CF's dair has three types of hitboxes. The one you are most familiar with is a meteor and it sends them straight down. The awesome one is the NIPPLE SPIKE, which is when you connect with his NIPPLE and it sends them down and away fast at a 45 degree angle. The fake spike is when you connect with his head, which sends them down and away at a slight angle. The fake spike is an angled meteor, do not confuse it with the NIPPLE SPIKE. CF's fake spike is similar to Samus's dair when she connects with the side of it.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
Under the right conditions you can do stomp -> nipple spike instead of stomp -> knee for the kill. another cool thing is that you can hit someone with a dair from under a platform (they are on the platform and you're under them, shffl a dair and youll hit them). it usually hits them with the nipple part of the hitbox so i guess you can take advantage of that.

isai does it in this match near the end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98oRIGlZ90Y

but yeah nipple spikes are pretty sexy

j00t

Smash Champion
but can it be meteor canceled?
No, the Nipple Spike can not be meteor canceled. That's why it's called the Nipple Spike, not the Nipple Meteor.

...but God, Nipple Meteor does sound amazing. :O

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
seriously tho i think nair is the best set up...and it's a hard set up anyways...better to just keep knee'ing :D

Magus420

Smash Master
To clarify for those who don't know, CF's dair has three types of hitboxes. The one you are most familiar with is a meteor and it sends them straight down. The awesome one is the NIPPLE SPIKE, which is when you connect with his NIPPLE and it sends them down and away fast at a 45 degree angle. The fake spike is when you connect with his head, which sends them down and away at a slight angle. The fake spike is an angled meteor, do not confuse it with the NIPPLE SPIKE. CF's fake spike is similar to Samus's dair when she connects with the side of it.
There are 3 hitboxes. The lower 2 meteor them. The top one at his upper chest/head spikes if you don't connect with any of the other 2. There is no 'fake' spike at his head. If they get sent at an angle and meteor cancel it, it's because they got hit by the meteor one and DIed it that way.

Anyway, the most reliable setup I've found is a stomp at the very edge of the stage.

tubes

Smash Ace
I've managed to get a nipplespike off on CPU's like one or two times with a dthrow to stomp on complete accident a few times. I meant to knee em but A ken combo-ish spike works too I guess.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
i dont want to be buzz Killing-ton but basically we all can see he Dair hits from **** near his whole body?( i already know this btw,i just want to clarify)

Scar

#HarveyDent
no it's a true spike, sends out at a ridiculous angle and has a ton of knockback so even at low percents most characters are in stun long enough so that they cannot recover from it

setups are never reliable but your best bets are dair>nipple and usmash>nipple in my experience

i have never consistently intentionally combo'd into it, maybe about 1 in every 10 attempts

Stewie1288

Smash Apprentice
i have never consistently intentionally combo'd into it, maybe about 1 in every 10 attempts
Do you think that's because it's near impossible to be consistent with, or you haven't bothered to perfect it because it's basically an extraneous flashy thing to do?

Mokumo

Smash Ace
doesn't it also send them down at a 45 degree angle if you hit them with your elbows? is that part of the same hitbox as the the nipple spike?

Top Bottom