• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Compiling clips into a montage(help)

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
So I have a dazzle dvc 100 and pinnacle studio 12 and I think to myself "hey, I'll make a combo video, I'm sure it isn't hard to understand." I was wrong.

I can record just fine but what I don't know how to do is compile the clips. What I want to do is record a match and cut out the parts that I don't need and save for example just a ~10 second clip. I want to do that multiple times and then compile all those clips into one movie.

Basically I'm trying to make a combo video in pinnacle studio 12 and need halp.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
LOL I have the exact same problem.

I'm amazing at editing but I don't got a dazzle so I can't make a combo vid. :(

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure pinnacle studio can do that, but idk how to cut/copy/save just the clips I want.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
If you want the easy way use Windows Movie Maker.

You only have to cut the clips there and delete the parts you don't want, then you can save them in another format and edit the video in Pinnacle Studio 12.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
I have the same software.

If you want to take out parts of a recording, add your footage to the project, right click on the portion of your project that has the footage you want to remove and click "Split clip". This divides the clip into two sections. Considering you divide right (or divide until you have a particularly small portion you wanted to remove), you can just delete the portion with the stuff you don't want.

You can copy and paste portions of the project through right-clicking as well.

Hope this helps. I'm able to copy, paste, and delete just fine myself.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
So can I record some and edit out just a clip, save that clip as a new project. Do that a bunch of different times and then get all those clips into a new project where I combine them with the music.

Top Bottom