• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Reskins: Custom Alt Colors (No burning needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mettra

Smash Cadet
It doesn't crash, If it does work, what should I see? If you can post a pic that would be great. Also, do I need any plugins or special procedures?

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
You shouldn't need anything extra. If it works it should just flash on your screen really quicky then close. A .dae file should be in the folder with it. If there were any problems there will be a file called log.txt instead.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Um I use gimpshop and when I go to save it doenst ask for the targa options??? where I put 32......

I dont know if I did it right, when I open it up again in gimpshop it says 32x256....is that correct???

Also when I go to step 2 create Im stuck...can someone help me

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Can someone show me the list of materials needed to MAKE texture hacks?
Not use texture hacks, make them.

I remember seeing a list of it along with a tutorial, it was written in english and spanish. Anyone know what I'm talking about? :urg:

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
So... with custom portraits/stock icons, is it possible to load and use those through the Dynamic SD Loader, or do you still need to burn disks for that?

Also, concerning the model decoder, does it/are there plans for it to output animation data? That would be pretty epic and could lead to a number of awesome creative projects, I think.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Well, I can't seem to find out if there's a new method that I should be using to create my own textures, since there's a new way to load & apply textures. I haven't made any textures with the old method (using the .iso and disk burning), and I don't know if there's a new way to do it. So, I'm back to my old .iso issues.

I have WiiScrubber 1.21 and the key.bin. But I try to load my .iso into the Scrubber and it says "Error on load". There must be a bunch of possabilities as to why it won't load, but what COULD I be doing wrong?

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Sorry for the double post, but I want this problem to be seen.
Ok, for SDASH, I need a .pac file, which can be obtained by lz77ex, when I drag and drop the .pcs file into the lz77ex folder, I click on the lz77ex.exe program and it doesn't even turn on. It........ doesn't do anything. I'm clicking on lz77ex thousands of times and nothing's happening. I had a few .pac files that I put in the ASH folder, but they are textures that are already edited, I'm looking for a .pac file of Lucas that isn't edited. Or is that current_mod.ash file that you get after doing step 1 necessary for anything?

Can anyone give me a .pac of the original textures? The ones that aren't edited at all..... Mainly a Lucas .pac.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Um I use gimpshop and when I go to save it doenst ask for the targa options??? where I put 32......

I dont know if I did it right, when I open it up again in gimpshop it says 32x256....is that correct???

Mettra

Smash Cadet
Ok, for SDASH, I need a .pac file, which can be obtained by lz77ex, when I drag and drop the .pcs file into the lz77ex folder, I click on the lz77ex.exe program and it doesn't even turn on. It........ doesn't do anything. I'm clicking on lz77ex thousands of times and nothing's happening. I had a few .pac files that I put in the ASH folder, but they are textures that are already edited, I'm looking for a .pac file of Lucas that isn't edited. Or is that current_mod.ash file that you get after doing step 1 necessary for anything?

Can anyone give me a .pac of the original textures? The ones that aren't edited at all..... Mainly a Lucas .pac.
Originals are in the Super Smash Bros. Brawl ISO

jokey665

Smash Ace
Ok, for SDASH, I need a .pac file, which can be obtained by lz77ex, when I drag and drop the .pcs file into the lz77ex folder, I click on the lz77ex.exe program and it doesn't even turn on. It........ doesn't do anything. I'm clicking on lz77ex thousands of times and nothing's happening.
you drag the pcs onto lz77ex to get a pac from it.

Mettra

Smash Cadet

Ah yes, GIMP does not have that feature. Don't worry about it, I'm 99% sure it doesn't matter.

As for Step 2, can you past and error messages, or things that happened?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I tried this out yesterday for my first time. I was successfully able to compose two hacked recolors for Lucario. I even took snapshots of them.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Nice Job, especially for a first go. Can't wait 'till everything's ready for me to try doing this... The .iso takes FOREVER in my BitTorrent, so I'm downloading it in parts. *Waits anxiously.....................................*

Random questions I just thought of: Is it difficult to make good textures? And what image editing software is everybody using?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Random questions I just thought of: Is it difficult to make good textures? And what image editing software is everybody using?
How good of textures you make depends solely on your skill as the texture editor... It's kind of like digital artwork. If you're new to this scene, then you'll likely stick to recolorings of characters... As you progress, however, you'll unlock new skills, such as making custom eyeballs and body parts, or something. :p

I use Photoshop. A lot of people do, and if you know of ASH (program mentioned on first page of this topic), that utility is based around Photoshop-ers. I've heard some use GIMP... but suffer problems due to it getting rid of layers, or something rather.

Mettra

Smash Cadet
When I use the program to convert 000.brres to 000.dae I only get this:

This is an error dialog I get when I import the .dae file:

Any Idea on what is happening?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I tried this out yesterday for my first time. I was successfully able to compose two hacked recolors for Lucario. I even took snapshots of them.

Interesting...apparently it wasn't just me who wanted to recolor Lucario. <_<

Reference -

I also compiled a download for anyone who wants to use my texture (publicity is great lol).

http://www.willhostforfood.com/access.php?fileid=59442

You need to use CUPASH yourself for the CSP and battle portrait. .pcs can be converted to .pac using lz77ex.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
When I use the program to convert 000.brres to 000.dae I only get this:[snip]

This is an error dialog I get when I import the .dae file:[snip]

Any Idea on what is happening?
Both FBX and Collada formats use .dae files for models. You are trying to import with FBX when the models are Collada. You'll probably need to download and install a Collada plugin for whatever 3d program you're using.

Mettra

Smash Cadet
Both FBX and Collada formats use .dae files for models. You are trying to import with FBX when the models are Collada. You'll probably need to download and install a Collada plugin for whatever 3d program you're using.
Ah! Thanks so Much.

*goes to animate sonic*

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I have downloaded custom textures from Stack Smash. Is there any way I can get these textures to automatically show up in my Custom CSS, or will I have to manually create the character portraits myself?
You must manually create the portraits yourself unless they have already been created (but you still have to recompile them yourself in that case).

Mettra

Smash Cadet
3 other things:

1. Is it possible to reverse the model process to load custom models into brawl?

2. Get the imported models with textures.

3.Can we import item models? Like pokemon.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
1. Not yet
2. Not yet
3. ??? If you just mean can it convert items then yes, if not, see 1 and 2

I need to fully understand the models first. Been sidetracked by animation data a little.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Not really, I just stopped to take a look at the (seperate) animation files for a little. They actually don't seem very complicated. Still, before I do any real work with them I need to get the actual model files working 100%. My biggest problem is still matching the weights and that formula I posted.

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
Urghs. I recently tried a custom texture, but loading Yoshi from the CSS will lead to a Disc Read Error. And ever since that, I've been getting various DRE's. Even after removing everything, and disabling Ocarina, I get DRE's. ohnus!

Finns7

Smash Ace
Can we modify chars items

Like Links bombs, spinn attack, fire ballz ect...............

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
Anyone know where I can find a Ninten texture for Ness? I heard Stack Smash is a good place but when I went there it said the site was suspended...

Also does anyone know who made this Ness? Because I really want it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom