• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starts at 10:00am!!!! MAY 2nd-*Kadaj Presents "SHEIK" a Brawl Tourny in Norfolk, VA*

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
What?
Short Hop Every Intentional Kick

When?

May 2nd, 2009

Where?

Virginia House on ODU campus:
4603 Elkhorn Avenue, Norfolk

Parking?
1) On 49th St. and Blue Stone the gate at Webb Center will probably be open. You may see cars there already, but it doesn't look like a parking lot at all...so if it's empty and you think "nah that can't be it"...it probably is]
2) the garage on the corner of 43rd and Elkhorn. Park on the 2nd floor. If you're bringing setups, pull up next to where the dorms are on Elkhorn, give us a call, and we'll come get the setups, and then you can park. that way you won't have to lug a TV + other crap from the garage

Price

-Venue Fee: $5
-Singles: $5
-Doubles: $10 a team($5 a person)

WE Need Wii's!!!! and Tv's!!!!!
The first 10 people to bring a full set up(TV and a Wii with a copy of brawl) will get $5 dollars off the Venue fee. If you want the set up discount you can't just leave in the middle of the tourney with your set up.

Payout

Singles
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

If there are alot of people this will be changed. I don't know the exact percentages for splits between 4th/5th, etc.

Doubles
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

Schedule

Saturday

10:00 AM-Doors open
11:00 AM-Registration Starts
11:45 AM-Teams will start
3:35 PM- Teams will end, Break
4:30 PM-Singles Registration will start
4:45 PM-Singles will start
7:00 PM-Singles will be Done(hopefully)

*I'm trying to shoot for more time I'll try and have updates as I get them.*

DURING SINGLES IT'D BE IN THE BEST INTEREST FOR EVERYONE TO GET THEIR MATCHES DONE AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE

Rules

-There are no refunds.
- Whether you are in a tourney or not, if you are in the venue you must pay the venue fee.
-Trash talking is allowed, and is encouraged! We love the hype! However, please do not distract the players too much at their discretion. Respect their right to focus on a match.
* Any destruction of anyone's property at the venue will not be tolerated, and in the case of such an event, you will be asked to leave.
- No drugs, alcohol, or any crap like that in there. If you have any, you will be kicked out.

Singles:

3 Stock

8 Minute Time Limit

No Items

If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You should not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.

First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.

Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.

You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.

Neutral Stages:

o Battlefield
o Final Destination
o Smashville
o Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
o Lylat Cruise

* Counterpick Stages:

o Delfino Plaza
o Castle Siege
o Frigate Orpheon
o Battleship Halberd
o Rainbow Cruise
o Brinstar
o Pokemon Stadium
o Pokemon Stadium 2
o Jungle Japes

-The 50 Ledge Grab Rule will be in effect, until the community as a whole comes up with a set number, we will make the limit 50 grabs. If the game ends with the time running out and your stats show that you went over 50 ledge grabs, you will automatically lose that round. If both people go over 50, then participating players Who ever has the highest stock and or lowest percentage on that stock will win. If both player have the same stock and percentage when the timer runs out, then a 1 stock rematch will occur.

-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab.
-Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren't used for stalling.
-If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).
- Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
o If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
o If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie the one who initiated the move will win the round

*The reason for 5 nuetrals is to create the ability to stage strike

Doubles

- Same standard rules and stages as singles.
- Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), they are allowed to request control of a certain color to help lessen confusion.
-Stock sharing is allowed.
-Team Attack is on.

Questions?
Call me at (757-817-9183) My real name is Craig lol

757-635-7806 for toasty's cell

People interested in coming so far/Confirmed List
*Candy
*Boss
*KORNNN
*Gonzo
*ESOJ
*ChuDat
*Possibly more H2YL lol
*G-regulate
*OMG HAX
*Famous
*Toasty
*Pitzr
*JLB members
*Atomsk
*Knightmare
*Mashi
*SK
*Eevee
*EEvisu
*Anti
*Ksizzle

You guys should really come down, if more people show interest more money can be added/split.

****Please Bring SET-UPS!!!

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
The 50 Ledge Grab Rule will be in effect, until the community as a whole comes up with a set number, we will make the limit 50 grabs. If the game ends with the time running out and your stats show that you went over 50 ledge grabs, you will automatically lose that round. If both people go over 50, then participating players Who ever has the highest stock and or lowest percentage on that stock will win. If both player have the same stock and percentage when the timer runs out, then a 1 stock rematch will occur.
Thats pretty gay,

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
hmmm only if the timer runs out...... would it be counted if its under 8 min?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
also, any normal match wont get anywhere near 50 ledge grabs unless you actively plank for like a straight minute or so, so its not like you have to watch out for it or anything.

ill add this to the brawl tournament discussion thread, chu teams?!!?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
word word, that's allll I neeeeed ^_^

I'll be training my Pika............oh crap wait I don't have my controller with me ;____; After I repaired my old one I just left it at Caboose's dorm...can you spot me?

relevant:
I want to say I'm teaming with Black G for this but it's around exam time and he's trying to get into medical school so I doubt he'll be able to join in

WHO WANTS TO TEAM?!?! I promise to not suck and to actually care about this game again ^_^

Famous

Smash Champion
I'll be over...you'll get some Mario training in..Btw

I got my vids recorded with me and boss...The BAD thing is that 1/4 of the videos actually work.

I guess its because the unlimited replay code is buggy

Tristan_win

Not dead.
God kadaj could you possibly name it something that wouldn't like demand me to go to it?

If my whole car thing changes by then don't be surprise if you actually get a real in person Sheik user stepping into your venue.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
lol candy and kadaj is gunna be too much...

think i got someone from tennessee interested in coming to this!

c3gill

Smash Ace
I wish I could come home for this :( Ill be studying my *** off for finals, UVA sucks.

Ironically, Ill be in town the week after this :ohwell:
possibly hosting a tournament the week after this in NN!

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
oh for the record i got a set up and recording equipment that ill be bringing

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i may be able to come depending on distance and my ability to get my license renewed by then

Top Bottom